This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
    I wasn't trying to make that seem like a attack on you there.. I meant to post that as a secondary bit of news from the article
    I didn't take it as such and didn't mean for my reply to come off that way if it did

It is a relevant part though since $100 million is a good chunk of change and interesting that another source says it won't be quiet that much. I guess this is the part where businessmen more qualified then me decide if a sequel could be done to fix the issues and if a sequel could help recoup the losses from the first movie. At least the profits from HP make the GL loss probably a little easier to take.
    COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch'psAcorn View Post
      For those like me who are hanging on to hope for a sequel:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,4132195.story
      Man, I really hope that this is the case. But it seems like GL has turned into the whipping boy of super-hero movies. If it keeps getting bad press the studio may decide to just cut its losses.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        I'm not sure why many Green Lantern fans are quick to tear down other super hero flicks because they perform better at the box office. I mean, why the negativity towards The Dark Knight or Captain America?
        My gripe is that ,They are not being treated as harshly for thier mistakes like Green Lantern is. Well not just Green Lantern but other comic movies as well.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• i just watched GL on bootleg 2 nights ago and after thinking about it i know what made this movie a mixed one for movie goers and fans.

i realy believe the inclusion of parallax was one of the biggest mistakes they have done for this film.

i understand that the movie industry wants to put asses into seats based on who or what is in this film but to me i think thats the worst decision to make.

i have no complaints on the cast or cgi.

i think if they couldve made the film darker and have hammond be the full villain i believe this film wouldve been alot better for all the haters or to those who have mixed feelings ( like me).

the training scenes couldve been alot better and longer and i feel that they missed a golden oppertunity with that.

and just like everyone else i agree with not enough sinestro

this is my 4th time watching the film and its growing on me.

when i fist saw it at midnight june 17th i gave this a 4 but now over time and 3 more viewings i give this a fair 6.

i hope for a sequal and i hope they take all the time they need to make up for what didnt work in the first picture.
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
            My gripe is that ,They are not being treated as harshly for thier mistakes like Green Lantern is. Well not just Green Lantern but other comic movies as well.
            That is an interesting point. For example, The Dark Knight is seen as the pinnacle of superhero movies by most so Ill use it as an example. I'm not arguing GL is a better movie because that's foolish but I think this is what rotten is getting at.

SPOILERS!

In the Dark Knight we have the Bruce Wayne and Rachel on and off again thing we saw all during the first movie. I personally thought Maggie Gylenhall was terrible with no chemistry. I felt no emotion when she died and was glad that that part of the story was finished. In GL we have Blake Lively, who most say was not good but I can't believe the love story between Hal and Carol was worse then Bruce and Rachel. Rachel had an even bigger role which makes it all even worse.

Next we have Hal Jordan, the man who overcomes fear, and Bruce Wayne, the Worlds Greatest Detective and inducer of fear (which was played up big time in the first movie and almost completely absent in the second). We have the complaint Hal received almost no training, quit, and still beat Parallax rather easily. Now Bruce performs some complex forensic analysis to find minute details carefully planeted by the Joker and falls into almost every trap perfectly. He was even going to reveal his identity but was surprised to find Harvey claim he was Batman. Now the Joker must have known this would happen because he attacks Dents transport to draw out Batman, who gets saved by Batman, but Joker bests Batman and right before he sees his identity he gets captured by Gordon who was supposed to be dead and in on the plan all along. But Joker knows that would happen so he arranged for a guy to be implanted with a bomb. This goes on and on with events that occur perfectly.

Also the idea of Hal having daddy issues is laughable and cliche to many critics but the fact that Thor, Tony Stark, and Bruce Wayne all have some sort of Daddy issues is ok. There is a ton of inconcsistencies and each superhero movie has enormous plot holes but GL got lambasted for the ones it has.

Comment

• well I finally saw Green Lantern today here in germany, and maybe my expectations were low, but I left the cinema with a rather positive feeling.

My biggest complaint is the script, some dialogues and especially the storytelling, which at some times is terrible.
              Despite this I enjoyed watching it. Visually it was very good. I like the fx and Sinestro.
              Also Ryan Reynolds did a great job. The constructs and the suit looked great.

But a lot seems to be missing:

- in one of the drafts there were a training scene with several lanterns on a training plattform

- where was Hals Mom and young carol ferris ( jenna craig)
              - Paul Parducci said that he voiced G´hu and did a lot of research for his role, but he didn´t speak at all

- Guggenheim said they created a new lantern for a special purpose, well she was only in one scene, if it was only for honoring major and Dickson, they could have at least announced her name in this movie

- Sol Romero said she had an action scene in green lantern, but this scene isn´t in the movie

- there was a picture in constructing green lantern , where Reynolds, Strong and Dorian Cingi( who was doubling Tomar) standing in front of the guardians, this scene wasn´t in the movie
              Shaolinlantern
              Parallax Host
              Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-30-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                i just watched GL on bootleg 2 nights ago and after thinking about it i know what made this movie a mixed one for movie goers and fans.
                Would you like to announce your theft of movies in a bigger font? I don't think WB's lawyers can read print that small... why not take out a bill board next to WB studios

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                  Would you like to announce your theft of movies in a bigger font? I don't think WB's lawyers can read print that small... why not take out a bill board next to WB studios
                  i bought it and i dont resell it super.

you cant get in trouble for buying them. if anything cops are just as guilty as well for the same thing
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

you cant get in trouble for buying them. if anything cops are just as guilty as well for the same thing
                    I'm pretty sure that's not accurate.

Comment

That is an interesting point. For example, The Dark Knight is seen as the pinnacle of superhero movies by most so Ill use it as an example. I'm not arguing GL is a better movie because that's foolish but I think this is what rotten is getting at.

SPOILERS!

In the Dark Knight we have the Bruce Wayne and Rachel on and off again thing we saw all during the first movie. I personally thought Maggie Gylenhall was terrible with no chemistry. I felt no emotion when she died and was glad that that part of the story was finished. In GL we have Blake Lively, who most say was not good but I can't believe the love story between Hal and Carol was worse then Bruce and Rachel. Rachel had an even bigger role which makes it all even worse.

Next we have Hal Jordan, the man who overcomes fear, and Bruce Wayne, the Worlds Greatest Detective and inducer of fear (which was played up big time in the first movie and almost completely absent in the second). We have the complaint Hal received almost no training, quit, and still beat Parallax rather easily. Now Bruce performs some complex forensic analysis to find minute details carefully planeted by the Joker and falls into almost every trap perfectly. He was even going to reveal his identity but was surprised to find Harvey claim he was Batman. Now the Joker must have known this would happen because he attacks Dents transport to draw out Batman, who gets saved by Batman, but Joker bests Batman and right before he sees his identity he gets captured by Gordon who was supposed to be dead and in on the plan all along. But Joker knows that would happen so he arranged for a guy to be implanted with a bomb. This goes on and on with events that occur perfectly.

Also the idea of Hal having daddy issues is laughable and cliche to many critics but the fact that Thor, Tony Stark, and Bruce Wayne all have some sort of Daddy issues is ok. There is a ton of inconcsistencies and each superhero movie has enormous plot holes but GL got lambasted for the ones it has.
                      I'm one of those folks that thinks The Dark Knight is probably the pinnacle of superhero movies. Well, Dark Knight and Watchmen. Both movies had excellent writing, and the Joker was amazing in Dark Knight. Do I believe every super-hero movie should be like these movies, no. I thought GL was a great movie. I wish more people would stop comparing every super-hero movie to the Dark Knight and let each character shine on their own. I hope the next one (if there is a next one) involves more of the Corps tho.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JuanMal View Post
                        I'm one of those folks that thinks The Dark Knight is probably the pinnacle of superhero movies. Well, Dark Knight and Watchmen. Both movies had excellent writing, and the Joker was amazing in Dark Knight. Do I believe every super-hero movie should be like these movies, no. I thought GL was a great movie. I wish more people would stop comparing every super-hero movie to the Dark Knight and let each character shine on their own. I hope the next one (if there is a next one) involves more of the Corps tho.
                        I agree that the Dark Knight is the pinnacle of super-hero movies. All I am saying is that some of the things that Green Lantern got panned for are common in a lot of super hero movies. What TDK did right is its not a super hero movie. Its a crime/action movie that uses a super hero. Green Lantern needs to focus on being a science fiction movie that happens to use a super hero.

Comment

I agree that the Dark Knight is the pinnacle of super-hero movies. All I am saying is that some of the things that Green Lantern got panned for are common in a lot of super hero movies. What TDK did right is its not a super hero movie. Its a crime/action movie that uses a super hero. Green Lantern needs to focus on being a science fiction movie that happens to use a super hero.
                          Couldn't agree with you more!

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

Why risk it? Why not just wait for the real thing if you're going to spend money on it anyway?

Comment

well said

Comment

what about when you were whoring out the link to the film online last month?

Comment

Working...
                                X