2nd viewing better than first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd viewing better than first

My son and I just got back from watching Green Lantern 2nd time today. My son saw it the first time Thursday midnight and I saw it on Friday.

I after the film he said the movie was better the second time. I couldn't help thinking that about half way through the movie myself.

I think it is because we weren't so focused on following the story that we could just enjoy the experience and visuals of the film.

On second look you really see the love that went into this movie from the Coast City license plates and school bus to the art deco of Ferris Aircraft buildings. It is so impressive.

What I really enjoyed was watching Oa again. The aliens really are amazing. I can't wait to get the blu-ray for this one just to pause through the Oa parts.

I don't know. I guess I am biased but I really thought this movie was fantastic!

I saw it both times in 3D so far. I plan to see it again next weekend in 2D.

Originally posted by fightoned View Post
    My son and I just got back from watching Green Lantern 2nd time today. My son saw it the first time Thursday midnight and I saw it on Friday.

I after the film he said the movie was better the second time. I couldn't help thinking that about half way through the movie myself.

I think it is because we weren't so focused on following the story that we could just enjoy the experience and visuals of the film.

On second look you really see the love that went into this movie from the Coast City license plates and school bus to the art deco of Ferris Aircraft buildings. It is so impressive.

What I really enjoyed was watching Oa again. The aliens really are amazing. I can't wait to get the blu-ray for this one just to pause through the Oa parts.

I don't know. I guess I am biased but I really thought this movie was fantastic!

I saw it both times in 3D so far. I plan to see it again next weekend in 2D.
    Thanks for supporting this movie that many times this weekend, you're a true fan. Now on to your post. I feel the same way after my second viewing yesterday afternoon. The pacing and spotty editing didn't surprise me this time and I was just able to enjoy the movie. There was no looking around by me to see if others were enjoying it, it was just 100% focus on my part. I enjoyed it so much better the second time.

Green since 1974!

Comment

You sir are one classy individual, let me tell you.
      Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
      Moisture Farmer
      Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM.

Green since 1974!

Comment

I would love to see it again. I just don't have the scratch.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Seen the movie 2 times now I loved it both times I know people that did not like it but for me the movie was great, but I was not looking for things that were wrong with the movie I was there trying to enjoy the movie.

Comment

I agree, I liked it a lot more the second time. I really was able to notice things like how the editing and camerawork really made it feel like it was an actual comic book. Close ups when characters were dialoguing, quick scene changes like when Hal flies out of Ferris with Carol away from Parallax, etc. I also noticed that the drones that they are fighting has the same names as Hal's dads Call sign (Sabre).
            COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

I liked the the 1st time, loved it the 2nd, and came the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by Ch'psAcorn View Post
                I agree, I liked it a lot more the second time. I really was able to notice things like how the editing and camerawork really made it feel like it was an actual comic book. Close ups when characters were dialoguing, quick scene changes like when Hal flies out of Ferris with Carol away from Parallax, etc. I also noticed that the drones that they are fighting has the same names as Hal's dads Call sign (Sabre).
                Sabre...good catch. I didn't notice that was Hal's Dad's call sign.

Completly agree with your other points too. Lots of fun details crammed into this movie.

Comment

I saw it in 2D the second time and I agree it was better plus the 3D took away from paying attention to certain things.

Comment

I also believe the song played during the intro and outro were the themes from First Flight.
                    COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

I am going to see it again in two weeks or so, so I can't wait to see it again!
                      No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

My wife and I saw it twice this weekend and I have to agree. We both enjoyed it more the second time. I know i will see it once more...probably in 3D this time. Looking forward to adding this movie to my library. Now...ley's hope WB gives the green light for a sequel

Comment

DAMN DAMN DAMN

can't see it until August 12
                          unless I get my Visa faster than normal....
                          or watch it on the web...

nah.. will have to wait

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                            You sir are one classy individual, let me tell you.
                            It's a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay
                              Fuck off.
                              LOL you're awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X