The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Marvel News Thread Vol. 6(16)

Old 09-25-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

If you're gonna use Bryan Hitch art, at least choose a good piece.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

What, no Sinister Six pun?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

this should be an interesting casting to watch: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...pocalypse.html

Quote:
Farewell, Halle and Famke! Fox will cast younger versions of mutant superheroes Storm, Phoenix, and Cyclops for X-Men: Apocalypse

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

Well we all expected this to happen.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #6
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

this should be an interesting casting to watch: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...pocalypse.html

Tazer
But that's not what he said. He said IF they use those characters them they'll recast. Not that they will or are actively doing so. I hope they do cast younger versions of the original first class but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

I want to audition for Nightcrawler.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #8
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
If you're gonna use Bryan Hitch art, at least choose a good piece.
I have to say, honestly the man isn't what he used to be when he penciled JLA for that little bit. I didn't find out until he did art on the mini that brought Steve Rogers back to the land of the living that his art has kinda dropped in quality. That Dr. Strange just looks waaay off, his Ms. Marvel is the first time I've seen her in that suit where I didn't like it, and his Spiderman leaves something to be desired.

I think an Alex Ross Marvel Universe splash would've been better, but far be it from me to give West hell.

On a more random note, in a reboot Marvel U. RP I'm doing along with Fearless, I decided to put my own spin on Nova. Rather than go the Black Nova route I had an idea to make a Red Nova and tie it to the Crimson Cosmos where Cyttorak was banished. I know it's not the same thing but I found this and was shocked somebody beat me to a Red Nova concept...

Upon visiting the person's site who photomanip'ed images of Nova to make this, found out he was redesigning the Xandarian hero Comet.

~KL~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 09-25-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Galactus

For his recent Mondo Gallery show, Kevin Tong did a poster of Galactus, full frame, and a teeny tiny Silver Surfer flying away. Above you can see some of the details from the top of the poster. Marvel straight up rejected it. No reason. They just said no to anything Fantastic Four in general.
Keep those conspiracy theories going.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
What, no Sinister Six pun?
eh...How's that?
Old 09-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
W.West

Fox To Release Extended 'ROGUE' Cut of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Anna Paquin’s scenes as Rogue that were cut from “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will be added back to the film and re-released as the “Rogue Cut” next summer on homevideo platforms.

The extended version of “Days of Future Past” will become available in the first half of 2015, most likely during the summer, according to the film’s writer and producer Simon Kinberg, who made the announcement Thursday from Stage 21, where scenes for the previous “X-Men” installment, “First Class” were filmed on the Twentieth Century Fox studio lot. Kinberg, who also worked on that film, was back on the lot to promote the theatrical version of “Days of Future Past,” available now on digital and on Oct. 14 on DVD and Blu-ray.

More than 10 minutes of extra footage will be added to the “Rogue Cut” of “Days of Future Past,” which in addition to Paquin’s cut scenes, will also include other sequences involving other characters, as well.

“It’s a big chunk, a substantial part of the movie,” Kinberg said of Paquin’s storyline as Rogue. “We want to give (fans) the fullest picture of the film — behind the camera, and in front of it,” with the “Rogue Cut” and provide “more of the process we went through” to make the film.

“Every movie has scenes that are cut out, but not every movie has scenes cut out with such a beloved character,” Kinberg added.

Paquin played Rogue in “X-Men,” “X-Men 2″ and “X-Men: The Last Stand.” She does still appear in “Days of Future Past” but in a smaller cameo.

Paquin’s scenes didn’t make the final cut because the film was “full of plots and subplots.” Her storyline as Rogue just “didn’t fit” with the final film, which Kinberg said was always designed to revolve around Charles Xavier, played by James McAvoy.

“It’s the most complicated movie I’ve ever worked on,” Kinberg said, because of the film’s time traveling focus that unites the X-Men characters from the first trilogy, directed by Bryan Singer, and younger ones from Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class,” while introducing even more like Quicksilver.

“I pray to God I never work on another time travel movie,” Kinberg said.

Kinberg is currently writing the next “X-Men” film, “Apocalypse,” which Singer will return to direct the film that’s set during the 1980s. “Days of Future Past” was set during the 1970s.

The return to the Fox lot on Thursday, “is the first time I’ve been out of the house in awhile,” he said, given his scripting duties on “Apocalypse.”
Old 09-26-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

In other words: Don't buy the Blu-ray now.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Word! And I'll do that and wait for the "Rogue Extended Cut" of the film.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
IonFan
Forum Member

THIS IS BULLSH!T I DON'T WANT TO WANT TIL NEXT SUMMER TO GET THE FULL STORY OF XMDOFP ON DVD/BLU-RAY

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
Old 09-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Old 09-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
IonFan
Forum Member

oh come on when word gets out you know this is gonna hurt the release on 10/14 and that may hurt the "Rogue cut" release

they should just release it all at once and stop f@cking with us

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #17
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I know nothing of the sort.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
IonFan
Forum Member

well i'm not buying anything til the "Rogue cut" is release

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #19
W.West

Axel-In-Charge: Prepping for a Female "Thor" and "AXIS" Impact
Old 09-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #20
Fearless
Agent Orange

Marvel, Jack Kirby Heirs Settle Dispute Over Superhero Rights

Quote:
The family of Jack Kirby and Marvel Entertainment have resolved a long-running legal dispute over the rights to some of the most popular characters in Marvel’s library, including “Spider-Man” and “X-Men.”

“Marvel and the family of Jack Kirby have amicably resolved their legal disputes, and are looking forward to advancing their shared goal of honoring Mr. Kirby’s significant role in Marvel’s history,” the litigants announced in a joint statement on Friday.

The family had been seeking Supreme Court review of their appeal of lower court rulings that largely sided with Marvel.

Kirby’s heirs had sought to terminate grants of copyrights to the characters, under a clause of the 1976 Copyright Act, but Marvel contended that they continued to own the characters because Kirby was working “for hire.” The latter is an exception to artists and families who seek to terminate grants of copyrights.

After the Kirby heirs sent out 45 notices in 2009 seeking to terminate the assignment of copyrights in comics featuring works like “The Incredible Hulk,” “The Avengers” and “The Fantastic Four,” Marvel sued, seeking a court determination that Kirby’s work on the characters was “for hire.” The litigation concered a total of 262 works published between 1958 and 1963.

A federal court sided with Marvel in 2011, and an appellate court upheld the determination that Kirby’s work was “for hire.”

The family, represented by Marc Toberoff, had been seeking Supreme Court review, and the high court was set to consider whether to take it at its conference on Monday. Their writ of certiorari had drawn the support of organizations like SAG-AFTRA, which argued that the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals decision in favor of Marvel created “an onerous, nearly insurmountable presumption that copyright ownership vests in a commissioning party as a work made for hire, rather than in the work’s creator.” Bruce Lehman, former director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, also weighed in in favor of the Kirby heirs, arguing that the law in the late 50s and early 60s was that the definition of a work made “for hire” applied only to traditional employees and not freelancers.

Marvel, however, argued that Kirby’s contributions to the works were made at Marvel’s instance, under the editorial and stylistic direction of its editor at the time, Stan Lee.

If the Supreme Court had taken the case, it would have had tremendous implications not just for Marvel, a unit of the Walt Disney Co., but DC Comics as well, as it put into question the definition of what constituted works made “for hire” during the golden age of comics in the 1950s.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #21
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

X-Men: Apocalypse Could Include Psylocke, Cable, & Scarlet Witch

In an extended question and answer session with fans, via Yahoo, X-Men: Days of Future Past writer Simon Kinberg hints at certain mutants who may be making appearances in X-Men: Apocalypse.

The sometimes British, sometimes Asian, sometimes ninja Psylocke was apparently considered for inclusion in X-Men: Days of Future Past, but may yet appear in Apocalypse

source

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/26/x-me...scarlet-witch/

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 09-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #22
W.West

I'd be really shocked and saddened if Cable isn't a main player in Apocalypse.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #23
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'll be shocked if he doesn't have shoulder pads.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Old 09-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #24
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'd be really shocked and saddened if Cable isn't a main player in Apocalypse.
yea wasnt he like a major part for that story? i never have read xmen or even x-force but i did watch the fox kids toon religiously

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 09-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer To Run With Interstellar

The first theatrical trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron will be attached to prints of Christopher Nolan's Interstellar, says FilmPro via CBM.

The film, which revolves around a group of explorers who make use of a newly-discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage, is expected in theaters on November 7.

Marvel Studios presents Avengers: Age of Ultron, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

Written and directed by Joss Whedon and produced by Kevin Feige, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series The Avengers, first published in 1963. Get set for an action-packed thrill ride when The Avengers return in Marvel’s Avengers:Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015.

source

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/27/aven...-interstellar/

also

Rumor: Avengers 3 Will Be Split Into Two Films

What's good enough for Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Twilight and The Hunger Games (among others) is apparently good enough for Marvel Studios, as a rumor coming out of a fan news page called the Daily Marvelite claims that the third Avengers film will an epic story split across two movies.

They admitted that all their source has told them is that the battle with Thanos will play out over two films; it could simply be that Avengers 4 will be needed to win the day, or that the third film will be subdivided.

The latter seems more likely if, as the report claims, the May 2018 and May 2019 "untitled" Marvel movies turn out to be Avengers 3 and 4.

How that would work, in terms of contracts, isn't clear; at least Robert Downey, Jr. and Chris Evans' deals will expire after one of those two films, and neither have expressed an interest in renewing their deal. That said, perhaps they'll shoot the movie all in one go and then split it into two films in post-production? Either way, it seems like they'd have to kick a little extra cash the actors' way, since knowing this far in advance that they were going to split it would seem like acting in bad faith otherwise.

The assumption on the part of most fans is that the film will be an adaptation of the Jim Starlin graphic novel The Infinity Gauntlet, which spawned a number of sequels in the Marvel Comics Universe that could serve as a thematic "second half" to the film without actually being Infinity Gauntlet, Part 2.

source

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/27/rumo...nto-two-films/

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-27-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Closed Thread