The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #676
projectile
Sidekick

Disney reveals return to San Diego Comic-Con, panels to include Iron Man 3, Wreck-It Ralph, Frankenweenie, Tron: Uprising

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/0...tron-uprising/

Quote:
The Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures panel will take place in Comic-Con’s biggest venue, the famed Hall H, on Thursday, July 12 from 2:05pm – 3:05pm. The Q&A panel will include director of “Frankenweenie” Tim Burton, a look at the world of “Oz The Great and Powerful” with director Sam Raimi, and the voice cast of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Wreck-It Ralph,” including John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, and director Rich Moore. Burton, Reilly, and Silverman all appeared at the D23 Expo last year promoting the same projects.

Then on Saturday, July 14, Marvel Studios will be hosting its Hall H Comic-Con panel from 6:00pm – 7:00pm, focusing on “Iron Man 3.” Producer Kevin Feige along with “special guests” will offer an inside look at the upcoming film.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #677
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Marvel Bringing Iron Man 3 to Comic-Con!
Studio bos Kevin Feige will present fans with a look at the sequel.

Marvel Studios announced today that they will be at next month's San Diego Comic-Con to give fans their first look at Iron Man 3.

The studio will host its Hall H Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 14 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige will be joined by unnamed "special guests," one of whose name probably rhymes with Dobert Rowney.

Iron Man 3 is now filming and is slated for release May 3, 2013. In the meantime, go check out and contribute to our Iron Man 3 Wiki!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...3-to-comic-con

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #678
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

IT WAS POSTED RIGHT ABOVE YOU. READ!!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #679
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Train, you know he can't read and wants to be the next hypo or west when it comes to news.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #680
projectile
Sidekick

BREAKING NEWS!!

Quote:
Marvel Studios announced today that they will be at next month's San Diego Comic-Con to give fans their first look at Iron Man 3.

The studio will host its Hall H Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 14 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige will be joined by unnamed "special guests," one of whose name probably rhymes with Dobert Rowney.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #681
Lantern Sinestro
Hal's Understudy

11 days until vacation at San Diego!
13 days until SDCC!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #682
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
BREAKING NEWS!!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #683
Lantern Sinestro
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
9. What cosplayer do you remember most from attending SDCC or a Comic Convention?
I have two memories:
1. The fat lady dressed as Wonder Woman with a Captain America shield.
2. The old guy who turned his electric scooter into a giant dragon.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #684
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Can you believe it? San Diego Comic-Con is just around the corner. In fact, it’s so close that we’re officially counting down the days. Every day until the start of Comic-Con, we’ll be bringing you something cool to help you get excited about this year’s trip to San Diego. And if you’re not going to Comic-Con, we’re bringing the convention to you with an unprecedented level of SDCC Con Away From Con coverage right here on DCComics.com. Look for things to get rolling here on July 12th, but check back every day until then for more fun stuff and information on what to expect.

This week, we’re debuting our new San Diego Comic-Con print ads. Look for these in the pages of your favorite comic books starting next week. Our first ad features Batman, Swamp Thing and American Vampire writer Scott Snyder!

Scott Snyder will be at Comic-Con this year and will be signing in the DC booth. So who will our next ad feature? Check back tomorrow to find out!
He's quite the looker
Old 06-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #685
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion Set For ‘Firefly’ Panel at Comic-Con 2012

If you were ever a fan of the short-lived FOX program Firefly and its subsequent feature film, Serenity, then chances are your ears perk up anytime whispers of a reunion or continuation of the series makes their way through the rumor-filled corridors of the Internet. Now, in an effort to celebrate the 10-year anniversary, and to likely put to rest any belief that it will ever be a full-fledged program again, the cast of Firefly will be reuniting for a panel at this year’s Comic-Con.

The panel comes courtesy of Science Channel, which has been airing reruns of the sci-fi show since 2011. Creator Joss Whedon and writer Tim Minear along with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb), Alan Tudyk (Hoban Washburne), Sean Maher (Simon Tam) and Michael Fairman (Adelai Niska) are all scheduled to make an appearance at the hour-long panel that Science Channel says will also include “numerous buzz-worthy surprises” – so read into that whatever you will.

In addition to hearing Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion talk wistfully about Browncoats, the power of a cult following and a pre-Mad Men Christina Hendricks, the panel will also showcase some previously unseen footage from the series. Perhaps there will also be some talk of Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing, which counts Firefly stars Fillion and Maher amongst its rather large cast.
So far, no word on whether or not Gina Torres (Zoë Washburne), Summer Glau (River Tam), Jewel Staite (Kaylee Frye) or Morena Baccarin (Inara Serra) will be added to the panel, but chances are an extra chair or two could be found should their schedules suddenly open up.

Along with Firefly, Science Channel is also bringing John Noble of Fringe fame to the Con – in part because the actor is the host of the network’s Dark Matters: Twisted but True series, and also because Fringe repeats will air in syndication on Science starting November 20. Airing reruns of popular programs can be the cable network equivalent of a gateway drug, so with Firefly and soon Fringe in rotation on Science Channel, it may only be a matter of time before Science reveals aspirations of producing original scripted content of their own.

Most notably, though, after Joss Whedon triumphed at the box office with The Avengers – which has now become the third highest-grossing film of all time – he wrote a letter to his fans thanking them for their continued support, and expressed a desire to remain the same Joss everyone had come to be so fond of. Taking part in a panel for a show that has been off the air for nearly a decade certainly goes a long way in proving Whedon to be a man of his word.

-

Those in attendance can catch the Firefly panel on Friday, July 13 @12:30pm in Ballroom 20. Everyone else can keep up to date with Comic-Con 2012 right here on Screen Rant.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

http://screenrant.com/firefly-panel-...n-yman-183020/

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 06-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #686
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Comic-Con 2012: Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion Set for 'Firefly' Anniversary Panel (Exclusive)

Friday the 13th, Ballroom 20.
Thank you Joss for making my Turtles or Korra? Panel decision easier.
Im gonna leave this post from yesterday riiiight here. Amazing how similar it looks.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #687
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Comic-Con 2012: Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion Set for 'Firefly' Anniversary Panel (Exclusive)

Friday the 13th, Ballroom 20.
Thank you Joss for making my Turtles or Korra? Panel decision easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion Set For ‘Firefly’ Panel at Comic-Con 2012

If you were ever a fan of the short-lived FOX program Firefly and its subsequent feature film, Serenity, then chances are your ears perk up anytime whispers of a reunion or continuation of the series makes their way through the rumor-filled corridors of the Internet. Now, in an effort to celebrate the 10-year anniversary, and to likely put to rest any belief that it will ever be a full-fledged program again, the cast of Firefly will be reuniting for a panel at this year’s Comic-Con.

The panel comes courtesy of Science Channel, which has been airing reruns of the sci-fi show since 2011. Creator Joss Whedon and writer Tim Minear along with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb), Alan Tudyk (Hoban Washburne), Sean Maher (Simon Tam) and Michael Fairman (Adelai Niska) are all scheduled to make an appearance at the hour-long panel that Science Channel says will also include “numerous buzz-worthy surprises” – so read into that whatever you will.

In addition to hearing Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion talk wistfully about Browncoats, the power of a cult following and a pre-Mad Men Christina Hendricks, the panel will also showcase some previously unseen footage from the series. Perhaps there will also be some talk of Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing, which counts Firefly stars Fillion and Maher amongst its rather large cast.
So far, no word on whether or not Gina Torres (Zoë Washburne), Summer Glau (River Tam), Jewel Staite (Kaylee Frye) or Morena Baccarin (Inara Serra) will be added to the panel, but chances are an extra chair or two could be found should their schedules suddenly open up.

Along with Firefly, Science Channel is also bringing John Noble of Fringe fame to the Con – in part because the actor is the host of the network’s Dark Matters: Twisted but True series, and also because Fringe repeats will air in syndication on Science starting November 20. Airing reruns of popular programs can be the cable network equivalent of a gateway drug, so with Firefly and soon Fringe in rotation on Science Channel, it may only be a matter of time before Science reveals aspirations of producing original scripted content of their own.

Most notably, though, after Joss Whedon triumphed at the box office with The Avengers – which has now become the third highest-grossing film of all time – he wrote a letter to his fans thanking them for their continued support, and expressed a desire to remain the same Joss everyone had come to be so fond of. Taking part in a panel for a show that has been off the air for nearly a decade certainly goes a long way in proving Whedon to be a man of his word.

-

Those in attendance can catch the Firefly panel on Friday, July 13 @12:30pm in Ballroom 20. Everyone else can keep up to date with Comic-Con 2012 right here on Screen Rant.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

http://screenrant.com/firefly-panel-...n-yman-183020/
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #688
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Im gonna leave this post from yesterday riiiight here. Amazing how similar it looks.
Sooo that line we're going to be in on Thursday? Is going to look AWESOME!
All Avatards and Browncoats.

Going to be EPIC.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #689
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

SWEEET!!! I cannot wait. I am barely at work mentally anymore. I just wanna be there already
Old 06-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #690
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Train, you know he can't read and wants to be the next hypo or west when it comes to news.
I'm sorry, I just saw this

So true.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #691
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
oh i can read maybe the thing to think about is i get off on trolling

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #692
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

9. What cosplayer do you remember most from attending SDCC or a Comic Convention?

At WonderCon there was a dude dressed up as Godzilla and I thought it was amazing as it exactly like the modern version. It was really badass.

For SDCC, I remember this one dude that wore just a square cardboard box over his torso with the word "Optimus Prime" handwritten across his chest. That was awesome.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #693
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
The cosplayer I remember most would be a guy dressed up as Solid Snake in a cardboard box that said homeless Solid Snake.

Last edited by projectile; 06-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #694
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Squirrel Girl. I met her by where they had the big copter for Battle LA. She was with a pretty awesome Batman too. I had never seen anyone dressed as Squirrel Girl before and her costume was great. I was so excited LOL, I'm such a five year old.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #695
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

The ones that stick out for me the most are from the Korra autograph line from last year. There was a six foot plus black dude in full Avatar Kyoshi garb, including platforms if memory serves. For those that aren't familiar with the cartoon, Kyoshi basically wears Kabuki make up.

SEVEN FOOT TALL KABUKI MAN.

Also there was a really kick ass Toph, Cabbage Guy, and Boulder.

I love walking the halls right before a Steampunk Panel. That stuff's just eyecandy.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #696
projectile
Sidekick

Adventure Time: Keyper Seeker

http://www.toonbarn.com/adventure-ti...led-comic-con/

Quote:
Cartoon Network is planning to host an immersive, mathematical experience for this year’s San Diego Comic-con, via The Adventure Time: Keyper Seeker experience, which will recreate the Land of Ooo! In the New Children’s Museum, with the Keyper presenting guests a special key meant to open one of the many doors within the secret lair of the Door Lords. Before opening a door, the guest must decipher a riddle that will grant access to a super duper special prize locked inside.

The New Children’s Museum of San Diego and Cartoon Network will also be partnering for an exhibition that features fan-generated Adventure Time Artwork. The works that will be on display consists of artwork that Cartoon network has assembled and prepared for the duration of this year’s San Diego Comic Con.

The Adventure Time: Keyper Seeker experience and the accompanying Adventure Time Fan Art Exhibit will be open to the public and Comic-Con attendees at the New Children’s Museum of San Diego on Wednesday, July 11 to 15, 2012. The New Children’s Museum is located at 200 West Island Avenue, San Diego, California 92101, conveniently located directly across from the Convention Center.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #697
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

THAT. IS. AWESOME!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #698
projectile
Sidekick

Wednesday and Thursday schedule is up

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci12_prog_thu.php

Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #699
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
Wednesday and Thursday schedule is up

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci12_prog_thu.php
I was going to read this, but I'll just wait for the Tazz replay tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #700
projectile
Sidekick