The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 10-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #1
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Default The chucky tv series spoiler thread

Loving the series and its two episodes in. Its looking like chucky and the main character will join forces to kill. There getting away with a lot on the usa and syfy channels

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

For shits and giggles (quite a lot of giggles, actually) I watched the first 3 episodes. 14 year old boys into dolls? Is he one of these 70+ genders I keep hearing about? Anywho, I did get a lot of laughs out of it, like when Chucky gave the kid a black eye, and I am very curious to see what happens to Lexi, but I honestly don't know how they are going to make a whole TV series out of this. The premise is kind of weak because, unless the kid moves into a new home once a week (or Chucky finds a new kid once a week) I don't see a longevity factor here...everyone associated with Chucky is gonna die anyways.

The mixing in of Chucky's childhood history along with the current story line is kinda cool. I didn't think kids were just naturally born evil, and his family certainly seemed to love him, so it leaves me to wonder why Chucky is the way he is. Especially after what happened to Mom. That was just fuxxored.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:42 AM   #3
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Ok, I gotta admit- this series is growing on me. 7 episodes in now, I'm fairly enjoying it, there seems to be a central plot forming that's a little deeper than just a slasher film translated to a TV show, and the characters are interesting. It also seems like the major characters from all of the movies are stepping in to add to the plot, which makes for a great family reunion to add to this new cast of kids and adults. Speaking of the kids, once the big 3 figured out exactly what was up with the doll, they had a few plans of their own. Looking forward to episode 8.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:24 AM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

I've only watched episode so far, but I liked it and DVRed the rest. Just not sure if I'll watch them incrementally or binge when the season is done. Any word on how many episodes will be in the season?
Old 11-26-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Ok, I gotta admit- this series is growing on me. 7 episodes in now, I'm fairly enjoying it, there seems to be a central plot forming that's a little deeper than just a slasher film translated to a TV show, and the characters are interesting. It also seems like the major characters from all of the movies are stepping in to add to the plot, which makes for a great family reunion to add to this new cast of kids and adults. Speaking of the kids, once the big 3 figured out exactly what was up with the doll, they had a few plans of their own. Looking forward to episode 8.
I like how chucky tries to manipulate people to kill by touching there nerves. Makes you wonder if he and jr will be a team of killers

Old 12-14-2021, 04:44 AM   #6
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Season 2 is official.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:04 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I admit, I was starting to loathe the show until about episode 6. Then I was completely sold, and not just because Andy and company. Good ending.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine what Chucky 8 would have looked like as a movie if the pilot for this had been rejected. The first 5 episodes compressed to about 20 minutes and the last 3 episodes compressed into the rest, basically. With less characters, really, and that would've made for a sound film. Probably even with the same cliffhanger from the season finale.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #8
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I admit, I was starting to loathe the show until about episode 6. Then I was completely sold, and not just because Andy and company. Good ending.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine what Chucky 8 would have looked like as a movie if the pilot for this had been rejected. The first 5 episodes compressed to about 20 minutes and the last 3 episodes compressed into the rest, basically. With less characters, really, and that would've made for a sound film. Probably even with the same cliffhanger from the season finale.
Imo just do chucky vs candyman. We need a new vs film