The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern: New Guardians/Kyle Rayner
FLASHCHAT

Kyle Rayner

Old 04-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Default Kyle's Relationships (SPOILERS from Blackest Night #8)

With Jade finally back from the dead, what is in store for Kyle and Soranik? Is Soranik headed for a broken heart? Or will this simply be an opportunity for Kyle to find resolution with Jade and move on?

I am such a huge fan of Kyle and Jade's relationship that I can't help hoping against hope that they get back together. Their relationship was one of the most genuine, believable, and endearing relationships I've seen in comics.

But I'm not optimistic. I think this will be a bump in the road for Kyle and Soranik, a device used to create some tension and develop their relationship, but nothing more. I actually doubt that Kyle and Jade will even have all that much time together.

My sad guess is the Kyle and Jade reunion will be quickly resolved and the two will soon go their separate ways--Kyle in space, Jade on earth (again).
Vaegrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

Ok... i'm a massive Jade fan as everyone knows... but i don't see her getting back with Kyle...

I think there'll be a period of strangeness between them, and some anymosity between Jade and Natu... but i think Kyle will stay with Natu and Jade will move on

M
Old 04-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

Jade is going to be in JLA so I don't think there will be much between them other then a quick reunion, parting as friends.

See this link for more:

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=12623
Old 04-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I'm really hoping they dont break up. Not cause I like Soranik, I'm somewhat indifferent to her, but because it would make Kyle come of as a complete asshole
Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

If Jade's going to be in JLA regularly... then i'll be picking that one up regularly

at the moment, GL and GLC are sort of up in the air with me... i miss them regularly and haven't actually picked a copy of GL up in over a year now...

M
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
adamlantern

hopefully they won't break Kyle up with Soranik... though they probably will break up and she goes off with Jade in some kind of relationship... now we wudn't see that coming would we!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I'm really hoping they dont break up. Not cause I like Soranik, I'm somewhat indifferent to her, but because it would make Kyle come of as a complete asshole
Maybe, maybe not. Relationships come and go all the time in comics. Sometimes one party comes off looking like a jerk, sometimes not.

If Kyle just dumps Soranik, or if he cheats on Soranik and Soranik has to find out by walking into her apartment only to find Jade in the shower, Kyle will look like a jerk. But it doesn't have to go that way.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Thats mostly what I mean. As long as it doesnt look like " hey my dead girlfriends back....bye Natu...thanks for helping bring me back to life."
Old 04-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Jade in JLA and Kyle in GLC is oil and water, unless GLC decides to relocate their base of operations to Earth.

Which actually might happen now, huh?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclegnewman View Post
Jade is going to be in JLA so I don't think there will be much between them other then a quick reunion, parting as friends.

See this link for more:

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=12623
Having Jade and Kyle in two separate books could potentially preclude any relationship (and for the record, I think it will), but it depends. Team books like JLA often borrow characters from other books, and as such they can only do so much with their characters. The question will be, who gets the final say-so in what happens with Jade?

Having Jade in JLA might mean no Kyle-Soranik-Jade love triangle. Or it might not. I wonder who will get to make that call?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
Kyle-Soranik-Jade love triangle.
or maybe on Natu's home world, the couple is outdated and they have the 'triple' instead... and Kyle gets to keep them both in a relationship?

lol... i know, not likely... but would be fun to see

M
Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jade in JLA and Kyle in GLC is oil and water, unless GLC decides to relocate their base of operations to Earth.

Which actually might happen now, huh?
Haha, no way. That's Hal's territory. Earth is where all the real action happens. The GLC needs to stay as far away from there as possible. Those other Green Lanterns are all just biting Hal's style.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
or maybe on Natu's home world, the couple is outdated and they have the 'triple' instead... and Kyle gets to keep them both in a relationship?

lol... i know, not likely... but would be fun to see

M
Hilarious. I don't know if Jade would appreciate that. Jade's a one-man kind of girl, and I imagine she'd expect Kyle to be a one-woman kind of guy. Oh wait.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
Haha, no way. That's Hal's territory. Earth is where all the real action happens.
In the past five years Hal has barely even been on Earth.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Exactly. I am curious to see where the GLC will set up shop while Oa is being reapired, if they repair it at all. Mogo maybe?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
missferris
Senior Corps Member

I think you know where I stand on this, hahah! I would personally love for Kyle to get back with Jade, but DC hardly ever follows through with these things. A couple of years ago they teased Kyle and Donna fans with possibilities of them getting back together, then just pulled back after using it for stupid drama devices. I think of how long DC has been milking the Babara-or-Starfire thing with Dick, too ...

Yeah, I would love for Kyle to get back with Jade but I don't see it happening any time soon! Down the road, maybe, but that's assuming DC let's Kyle go back to Earth and not have all of his relationships there (Wally, Connor, Donna, etc.) dissipate completely from negligence and retroactive insignificance.

This is cape comics, so I doubt Natu and Kyle are "end game." If he and Natu end up breaking up, I'd like to see him single for a while and see him just have tension with her, Jade, or Donna whenever he sees them, but ultimately develop more on his own again before he becomes a part of a pair.

Either way, Jade and Kyle should have a lot to talk about and some stuff to resolve, so I hope it's not just shoved to the side or given barely any panel time concerning the aftermath of that kiss.
missferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In the past five years Hal has barely even been on Earth.
Okay, that's fair--I stand corrected. Still, I don't envision Hal sharing much space with the other (Green) Lanterns. If the Corps is on Earth, it's because Earth is not where Hal is.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #18
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

Wild speculation - but when Black Lantern Jade said something to Kyle about "this one having it bad for you" I got the impression that Soranik was going to drift into "Fatal Attraction" territory in the future. In the past Soranik has stated that she never had time for relationships, so Kyle could be her first real love. Maybe she ends up taking it more seriously then he does.

IDK, I could see Jade -> jealously -> smothering -> "lets take some time" -> stalking -> obsession fueled violence -> suspension from the Corps -> daddy's girl comes home -> Soranik wearing the yellow -> Kyle’s got himself a new villain.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by missferris View Post
I think you know where I stand on this, hahah! I would personally love for Kyle to get back with Jade, but DC hardly ever follows through with these things. A couple of years ago they teased Kyle and Donna fans with possibilities of them getting back together, then just pulled back after using it for stupid drama devices. I think of how long DC has been milking the Babara-or-Starfire thing with Dick, too ...

Yeah, I would love for Kyle to get back with Jade but I don't see it happening any time soon! Down the road, maybe, but that's assuming DC let's Kyle go back to Earth and not have all of his relationships there (Wally, Connor, Donna, etc.) dissipate completely from negligence and retroactive insignificance.

This is cape comics, so I doubt Natu and Kyle are "end game." If he and Natu end up breaking up, I'd like to see him single for a while and see him just have tension with her, Jade, or Donna whenever he sees them, but ultimately develop more on his own again before he becomes a part of a pair.

Either way, Jade and Kyle should have a lot to talk about and some stuff to resolve, so I hope it's not just shoved to the side or given barely any panel time concerning the aftermath of that kiss.
Yeah, I think we all know there is no "end game." Apparently superheroes are the only class of people less likely to settle down and get married than Hollywood actors. Writers are afraid they'll run out of stupid drama devices if they let their characters get married.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by missferris View Post

Given the circumstances, if I was Kyle, I'd hope for a one night stand and then ignore her LOL. I haven't cared for Jade since they wrote her into a.... well I won't go labeling anybody. It happens. But the only thing she did afterwards that was worth a shit was written away over time. Kyle magically had a fish inside him for God knows how long, and there hasn't been a mention of him having Starheart powers since.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Given the circumstances, if I was Kyle, I'd hope for a one night stand and then ignore her LOL. I haven't cared for Jade since they wrote her into a.... well I won't go labeling anybody. It happens. But the only thing she did afterwards that was worth a shit was written away over time. Kyle magically had a fish inside him for God knows how long, and there hasn't been a mention of him having Starheart powers since.

~KL~
The fish is a sneaky fish. The sneaky fish sneaked in when Kyle wasn't looking.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #22
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

My hope is still that Kyle will reunite with Jade and Soranik will become heart broken.

Since she and Kyle are stupid heart tethered or something like that... her heart break will cause Kyle to die.

And thanks to the events of Blackest Night #8 it will be FOR REALSIES this time.

Until someone comes along and changes the rules again.

I give it two years. Tops.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #23
Vaegrin
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
My hope is still that Kyle will reunite with Jade and Soranik will become heart broken.

Since she and Kyle are stupid heart tethered or something like that... her heart break will cause Kyle to die.

And thanks to the events of Blackest Night #8 it will be FOR REALSIES this time.
So you're saying you're not a Kyle fan?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #24
torchtoucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post

Until someone comes along and changes the rules again.

I give it two years. Tops.
Oh God, I hope so too! I can't stand the thought of Kyle in a Christmas love triangle. YUCK, alien babes. JUST DIE KYLE YOU ARE USELESS TO THE WORLD NOW.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #25
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchtoucher View Post
Oh God, I hope so too! I can't stand the thought of Kyle in a Christmas love triangle. YUCK, alien babes. JUST DIE KYLE YOU ARE USELESS TO THE WORLD NOW.
You hate Kyle, yet your screen name is all about the Torch Bearer = Kyle.

Kyle is here for good. Get over it or leave.