The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 03-19-2021, 03:06 AM   #1
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Default The neca collector thread

Anyone else collect neca? I only collect the horror line 8 bit tmnt line. They just announced a the thng line and universal monsters

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:20 AM   #2
Space Cop
The Dandy

I don't collect NECA per se (as in getting everything even from any given line), but I like them a lot and get what I like from their catalogue.

Off the top of my head, that includes John Nada (They Live), Flyboy Zombie (Dawn of the Dead), Cloaked Predator from #2, Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), Wolfman (remake), Werewolf of London, musical Gizmo (Gremlins), Billy (Silent Night, Deadly Night), Pennywise bobblehead (It miniseries), Pinhead (Hellraiser), Simpsons Bret Hart, Toony Terror Freddy and Jason, 2 stress balls and one werewolf figure from Nightmare Before Christmas, and four Godzillas.

Might have missed something.

Have at least one on pre-order (Frankenstein) and I trashed at least one that broke (Shaun of the Dead).

Last edited by Space Cop; 03-19-2021 at 03:27 AM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:29 AM   #3
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I don't collect NECA per se (as in getting everything even from any given line), but I like them a lot and get what I like from their catalogue.

Off the top of my head, that includes John Nada (They Live), Flyboy Zombie (Dawn of the Dead), Cloaked Predator from #2, Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), Wolfman (remake), Werewolf of London, Billy (Silent Night, Deadly Night), Pennywise bobblehead (It miniseries), Pinhead (Hellraiser), Simpsons Bret Hart, Toony Terror Freddy and Jason, 2 stress balls and one werewolf figure from Nightmare Before Christmas, and four Godzillas.

Might have missed something.
I did get ultimate ghostface from scream wich includes a stab mask that glows in the dark from the stab film in scream. Also just got sam from trick r treat. I pray we get a neca the lost boys the blob and the fly monster squad . I know they have a toony terror beetleguise so hopefully a keaton movie version

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-19-2021, 03:32 AM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
... Also just got sam from trick r treat...
If my mother saw I got a Sam I think she would be disappointed if I didn't give it to her. Potentially, I could get her the Toony Terrors version (she prefers little collectibles anyway) and put the more realistic one in my collection.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:34 AM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
If my mother saw I got a Sam I think she would be disappointed if I didn't give it to her. Potentially, I could get her the Toony Terrors version (she prefers little collectibles anyway) and put the more realistic one in my collection.
Buy her one man

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-19-2021, 03:35 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Buy her one man
Yeah, it might be a Mother's Day gift.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:37 AM   #7
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, it might be a Mother's Day gift.
I suggest you Buy the bag of violence as well. Its a set of weapons with blood where you can portay gruesome slashing on your figureson Amazon. Im waiting for after i finish paying off medical stuff before i pull the trigger. Its around 25 bucks

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-19-2021, 03:51 AM   #8
Space Cop
The Dandy

Extra accessories is something I'm just starting to consider. I have pre-ordered a lucha libre (though it'll actually be used for my WWE/AEW figures) kit that includes a chair, mike, 2x4, broken brick cinder block etc 1:12 scale wrestlers.

If I really like it, I'll get the other one (that comes a with a break-away table).
Old 03-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Extra accessories is something I'm just starting to consider. I have pre-ordered a lucha libre (though it'll actually be used for my WWE/AEW figures) kit that includes a chair, mike, 2x4, broken brick cinder block etc 1:12 scale wrestlers.

If I really like it, I'll get the other one (that comes a with a break-away table).
Did you see the package with light tubes and the dog collar?

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-19-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:31 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

The light tube is in the one with the table that I haven't committed to yet, but the dog collars and chains are in the one with the chair I have ordered:

This is the one I don't really want to commit to until I get the other:

Last edited by Space Cop; 03-19-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
The light tube is in the one with the table that I haven't committed to yet, but the dog collars and chains are in the one with the chair I have ordered:

This is the one I don't really want to commit to until I get the other:

Oh nice

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-20-2021, 12:48 AM   #12
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Oh nice
Yeah, should be fun. So far, I only have 5 figures and one ring (I got the AEW one but haven't decided whether to put the stickers on or leave it generic) in the 6" scale, but this will give me some nice options to re-arrange the display periodically.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:06 AM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, should be fun. So far, I only have 5 figures and one ring (I got the AEW one but haven't decided whether to put the stickers on or leave it generic) in the 6" scale, but this will give me some nice options to re-arrange the display periodically.
I may buy some of the weapons from lucha to get creative with my horror figures. I really wanna get the old movie maniacs by mcfarlen but im not paying scalper prices at 100 to 150 a figure. Fuck that. The lost boys David gos for 250. I wish mcfarlen would revive that line

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-21-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:56 AM   #14
Space Cop
The Dandy

^That is annoying. I bemoan the opportunities at cons I had to get a particular Cthulhu figure, 8-Bit Jason, or Nancy Thompson (in tub) at regular price. They're all ridiculous now in second market.

Last edited by Space Cop; 03-20-2021 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:18 AM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
^That is annoying. I bemoan the opportunities at cons I had to get a particular Cthulgu figure, 8-Bit Jason, or Nancy Thompson (in tub) at regular price. They're all ridiculous now in second market.
I got 8 bit Jason for 40 2 years ago at a con. Even plays the nes music. The 8 bit Freddy i found at a gamestop for 20 25 im tempted for The 8 bit leatherface but eeeeeeh the coleco version looks horrible from a deco point. Not necas fault at all

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-20-2021 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:53 AM   #16
Space Cop
The Dandy

Looked over my main collection and it looks like the one NECA I missed from my rather large list was Regan (Exorcist) spiderwalk:

Old 03-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #17
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Looked over my main collection and it looks like the one NECA I missed from my rather large list was Regan (Exorcist) spiderwalk:

There doing toony terror jaws fyi

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-24-2021, 11:23 PM   #18
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Oh man Neca has been knocking it out of the park for years. I've bought so many figures from them. I'm trying to scale it back on my collecting for space reasons, but there are still a few thing I'm actively getting from neca. First off I buy all of the Friday the 13th line, which has been on hold for a while with the lawsuit. But there is a part 7 New Blood Jason waiting in the wings for release to kick off the Hodder figures to wrap up the line.
Then I am buying all of the Back the the Future figures, and have the 6 they have released so far. I'm not sure how long I can keep that up if they keep releasing every minute costume change Marty had.

I just picked up the Phantom from the Defenders line. I'll wait for more comic accurate versions of Flash and Phantom as they move forward with that license.
I'm telling.myself I wont buy the Universal Mo stars line, but I dont know if I have the willpower to pass in them.
Oh and I have the Jaws Quint figure on preorder. Hopefully they can get the rights to likenesses of Brody and Hooper figured out.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:43 PM   #19
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
Oh man Neca has been knocking it out of the park for years. I've bought so many figures from them. I'm trying to scale it back on my collecting for space reasons . . .
Yeah, I just expanded my toy display and pretty much have as many shelves and as much space as I can devoted to collectibles. After that, it will have to be a decision about rotating stuff on and off display and storage.

Quote:
First off I buy all of the Friday the 13th line, which has been on hold for a while with the lawsuit. But there is a part 7 New Blood Jason waiting in the wings for release to kick off the Hodder figures to wrap up the line...
You know, I thought it had been a while since they announced anything, but hadn't heard that was the reason. NECA-wise the only Jason I have is Toony Terrors, but I have a few of their regular line in my wish list on Amazon.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #20
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Oh man Neca has been knocking it out of the park for years. I've bought so many figures from them. I'm trying to scale it back on my collecting for space reasons, but there are still a few thing I'm actively getting from neca. First off I buy all of the Friday the 13th line, which has been on hold for a while with the lawsuit. But there is a part 7 New Blood Jason waiting in the wings for release to kick off the Hodder figures to wrap up the line.
Then I am buying all of the Back the the Future figures, and have the 6 they have released so far. I'm not sure how long I can keep that up if they keep releasing every minute costume change Marty had.

I just picked up the Phantom from the Defenders line. I'll wait for more comic accurate versions of Flash and Phantom as they move forward with that license.
I'm telling.myself I wont buy the Universal Mo stars line, but I dont know if I have the willpower to pass in them.
Oh and I have the Jaws Quint figure on preorder. Hopefully they can get the rights to likenesses of Brody and Hooper figured out.
They just announced gargoyles from the 90s toon. I actually never watched it shame to say. Fingers crossed for street sharks, biker mice from mars , captain planet, farscape and toxic crusaders. Id also think it be hilarious if they did garbage pale kids to send the karens of the world into a meltdown . Video game wise id love some double dragon and battle toads figures. I considered storm collectables Mortal kombat line but i had to make sacrifices. The shao khan, goro, and motaro are gorgeous figures. But funds and real estate to store it in my toy room are a issue

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-25-2021 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #21
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
...and toxic crusaders. . .
Super7 did some nice Toxie stuff. I still would like the glow-in-the-dark Toxie.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #22
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Super7 did some nice Toxie stuff. I still would like the glow-in-the-dark Toxie.

Gah i have to pass on super 7 because thats a whole different collectiing rabbit hole i dont want to get involved with. They do great work but neca has my money and loyalty. Im a sucker for glow in the dark .

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #23
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, I'm brand-loyal in so far as I know a company like NECA's work and that might push me over if I'm on the fence for a toy. Otherwise, though, I'm more a collector of properties (GL, He-Man, horror, etc) than any one brand. That said, I have more NECA than Super7 and most of the latter is the He-man stuff.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #24
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, I'm brand-loyal in so far as I know a company like NECA's work and that might push me over if I'm on the fence for a toy. Otherwise, though, I'm more a collector of properties (GL, He-Man, horror, etc) than any one brand. That said, I have more NECA than Super7 and most of the latter is the He-man stuff.
Neca for me is horror only but i be lying if i didn't say there 8 bit game line i Also collect. As for turtles in time i only have slash. Id love to get the 2 sdcc sets where the box is like the arcade machine but i want to get it for a realistic price. The cartoon turtles are fantastic but no sorry i just cant. Plus a lot of turtles collectors cant find them in stores. There needs to be a limit because how can a store tell people they are limited to 2 things of toilet paper but some scalper can guy 6 boxes of neca and jack up the price on Amazon. When Illinois had a toilet paper shortage when covid started last year smaller stores were selling toilet paper for 21 bucks at petes market for a 2 pack. Price gouging needs to be illegal

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 03-25-2021, 10:28 PM   #25
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Yeah, I just expanded my toy display and pretty much have as many shelves and as much space as I can devoted to collectibles. After that, it will have to be a decision about rotating stuff on and off display and storage.

You know, I thought it had been a while since they announced anything, but hadn't heard that was the reason. NECA-wise the only Jason I have is Toony Terrors, but I have a few of their regular line in my wish list on Amazon.
I don't have the Toony Terrors Jason but I've come close to pulling the trigger a few times. He looks cool as hell. Like what Jason would have looked like if he appeared on Scooby Doo.