Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 05-08-2021, 10:09 PM   #801
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yep. Good eye. I still need to get the Dominion cut and your favorite (#2) to complete the movie series.

I don't know what you are talking about. Never heard of that movie before. If it had existed at one point, it must have been wiped from the collective consciousness of humans all around the globe. Were you wearing a tinfoil hat on that day?

[And seriously, no pot shots at the Hot Rod figure? I'm insulted. ]
Old 05-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #802
Space Cop
The Dandy

If I had realized that I'd get a chair with Pac, I would've picked the other Lucha Libre Extreme Accesories pack (the one with the table and light tube), but I ordered this a while ago and it will shop soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
And seriously, no pot shots at the Hot Rod figure? I'm insulted.
Well, I'd probably be slapping my head if you said you could have gotten that or Optimus and chose Rod. I'd still like to get a good G1 cartoon-accurate Soundwave. He doesn't have to transform as long as he looks good as the robot.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-26-2021 at 09:41 PM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:50 AM   #803
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Well, I'd probably be slapping my head if you said you could have gotten that or Optimus and chose Rod. I'd still like to get a good G1 cartoon-accurate Soundwave. He doesn't have to transform as long as he looks good as the robot.

Well, technically, I did just get another Masterpiece Prime, although this one is a little different. He comes from the Shattered Glass universe and is evil unlike Megatron who leads the brave Decepticons. (Think mirror universe from Trek). So we both win. I got a Prime and a kid who will be Prime .

On the Soundwave figure, you literally have tons of options. You could get a KO Masterpiece SW for roughly $100, and the KOs are pretty decent. I have a few. If you really don't care about transformation, Hasbro just released a new line called Transformers RED. All the classic figures with tons of articulation, but they don't transform. We can talk about this more via messaging.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #804
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Ok stupid question since i dont mess with transformers when did megatron become a good guy? I follow the fwoosh and i guess theres a new line called transformers glass or something and comics

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #805
Space Cop
The Dandy

After nearly a year on pre-order (from the Power Con website), my Masters of the Universe Toy Guide (by Pixel Dan, whom I follow on Youtube/Patreon) and the supplement to Dark Horse's Encyclopedia should arrive today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Ok stupid question since i dont mess with transformers when did megatron become a good guy? I follow the fwoosh and i guess theres a new line called transformers glass or something and comics
I don't know that myself. Haven't followed anything modern but the live-action stuff (half of which I would rather not).
Old 05-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #806
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

I don't know that myself. Haven't followed anything modern but the live-action stuff (half of which I would rather not).
Hmmm ok. I tried getting into the old transformers and motu toons. Must be a generation thing because i cant get into either one. I was more a power rangers person. Now with that franchise i only enjoy mmpr zeo and in space. Everything else i ignore. Im also a big farscape nerd toxic crusaders tmnt real ghostbusters mighty max street sharks even double dragon had a cool toon. The fox kids block was another i loved. Xmen spider man silver surfer . Hell i remember crash dummies bttf beetljuice and tales from the crypt had toons

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 05-10-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #807
Space Cop
The Dandy

Another "pile of loot" going out soon from Big Bad Toy store. Will include three G.I. Joe Classified including the redeco of Scralett:

Quote:
Hmmm ok. I tried getting into the old transformers and motu toons. Must be a generation thing because i cant get into either one. I was more a power rangers person. Now with that franchise i only enjoy mmpr zeo and in space. Everything else i ignore. Im also a big farscape nerd toxic crusaders tmnt real ghostbusters mighty max street sharks even double dragon had a cool toon. The fox kids block was another i loved. Xmen spider man silver surfer . Hell i remember crash dummies bttf beetljuice and tales from the crypt had toons
Oh, of course, nostalgia is a big part of any of those fandoms. There are some children's entertainment I've become fans of that were before my time (like Speed Racer and Astro Boy), but not a whole lot and very little from after my time.

I can't get into MMPR, for instance. It seems like I would since I love Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman, but the stuff I've tried I haven't liked at all. Maybe I'd tolerate the Sentai source material better because a lot of what I can't stand seems to be the American, high-school-based parts.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-26-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #808
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
^Oh, of course, nostalgia is a big part of any of those fandoms. There are some children's entertainment I've become fans of that were before my time (like Speed Racer and Astro Boy), but not a whole lot and very little from after my time.

I can't get into MMPR, for instance. It seems like I would since I love Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman, but the stuff I've tried I haven't liked at all. Maybe I'd tolerate the Sentai source material better because a lot of what I can't stand seems to be the American, high-school-based parts.
The way i understand it haim saban bought the footage from Japan and shot the school parts in the usa. Even as a kid i saw how certain were different like itll be daylight than dark in seconds. Kinda funny really. My cousin was obsessed with godzilla. I think i saw maybe 2 films and like the old kung fu films the voices dont match the lips. I like the current godzilla

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 05-10-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #809
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Oops, my bad. I didn't see your question yesterday.

The shattered glass universe is basically another dimension where everything and everyone is opposite of who they are in the main universe. If you ever saw the original Star Trek series, there may have been 1 or 2 episodes that had the same format. Star Trek called it the mirror verse. I remember in later Star Trek shows like DS9 and especially Voyager, certain episodes would have the mirror verse as a setting. Like Major Kira was an evil warlord in the mirror verse.

Getting back to Transformers, it started as a comic thing in the last 10 years. It wasn't part of G1, but it used those characters. The very first story had main universe Cliffjumper accidently get thrown into the SG universe and it just kinda took off from there.

Here is a bit more detailed explanation:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shattered_Glass_(issue)

Last edited by Jeff; 05-10-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #810
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Dammit, if you click on that link, type in the last ")" in the url. For some reason, this forum doesn't like it.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #811
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Oops, my bad. I didn't see your question yesterday.

The shattered glass universe is basically another dimension where everything and everyone is opposite of who they are in the main universe. If you ever saw the original Star Trek series, there may have been 1 or 2 episodes that had the same format. Star Trek called it the mirror verse. I remember in later Star Trek shows like DS9 and especially Voyager, certain episodes would have the mirror verse as a setting. Like Major Kira was an evil warlord in the mirror verse.

Getting back to Transformers, it started as a comic thing in the last 10 years. It wasn't part of G1, but it used those characters. The very first story had main universe Cliffjumper accidently get thrown into the SG universe and it just kinda took off from there.

Here is a bit more detailed explanation:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shattered_Glass_(issue)
Meh thanks for the response. Have i mentioned i hate alternative realities? I just wish writers stick to one continuity. Thats a in general beef i have with everything now same for time travel. I dont mind it but itsbeating a dead horse

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 05-14-2021, 01:30 AM   #812
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

2 footlong meatball subs. Inhaled them .

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 05-14-2021, 02:16 AM   #813
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Studio

Studio series 86 Kup
Old 05-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #814
Space Cop
The Dandy

Today, I went with my folks to a street fair (essentially a twice-a-year flea market spread across downtown) in Gettysburg, PA. Got four LPs and six 45s (3 Beatles and 3 solo Beatles). The Star Wars isn't the soundtrack, but a kind of dramatic synopsis (with film audio) presumably mostly for people who somehow missed the first movie before ESB or at least wanted a refresher.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-20-2021 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:48 PM   #815
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Studio Series 86 Jazz
Old 05-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #816
Space Cop
The Dandy

I was surprised at a Lancaster, PA antique mall to find a booth with a shelf dedicated to Green Lantern stuff. Got a couple DC Direct figures I didn't have (and a couple Pez and a movie from others):

Old 05-20-2021, 06:21 AM   #817
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Soul of Chogokin Blue Gale Xabungle

Old 05-20-2021, 04:42 PM   #818
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Neca ultimate leatherface and a mass effect shirt

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 05-24-2021, 01:36 AM   #819
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Not sure if i count it as a purchase but a restraing order. Very long story some of you know . Its either that or me catching a first degree murder charge. Going to pd tomorrow than court Friday. A lot of shit to jump through

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 05-24-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:46 PM   #820
Space Cop
The Dandy

My pile of loot is shipping from Big Bad Toy Store (see below). Includes three G.I. Joe Classified figures the second of which is Zartan:

Old 05-27-2021, 06:05 AM   #821
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

As if I would pass this up.

Marvel Legends God Emperor Doom

Old 05-27-2021, 01:35 PM   #822
Space Cop
The Dandy

The third and final G.I. Joe Classified in the BBTS package that is on its way is the trooper:

Old 05-27-2021, 01:51 PM   #823
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
As if I would pass this up.

Marvel Legends God Emperor Doom

Maybe im ignorant but why does everyone love dr doom? I have never read ff. He has a cool design

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 05-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #824
Space Cop
The Dandy

Also in that package will be NECA's 3 Defenders of the Earth figures. First up:

[Phantom isn't a particular favorite, but I like the design and pre-ordering all three was only a bit more than just getting the Flash Gordon and Ming I really wanted.]
Old 05-27-2021, 08:48 PM   #825
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Maybe im ignorant but why does everyone love dr doom? I have never read ff. He has a cool design

Actually.....I think I'm pretty much the only one here who Loves Doom, and if Tazer were here, he would certainly back that up.

Doom is an acquired taste; i could write a 16 page essay on why I love the character even more than any Transformer character to date, and over the course of my time here, you probably could compile 16 pages worth of answers for that very question. There's something very attractive to me about a boy who came from nothing that worked himself up to something that has the gall to take on Gods and he truly believes he can save the world under his rule. Villainous aspects aside, I admire that.