The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 07-31-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Default James gunn the suicide squad thread

Ign gave it a 9 and a lot of youtubers who got a screening are raving above it. One calling it slither on steroids regarding the violence. John campea also stated theres a scene after all the credits.

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'm actually excited for this movie!! To be honest I still havent seen the first one. It looked like dogshit and I never heard anything good about it to make me take a chance. This one looks more like what I wanted all along. My love for the Suicide Squad begins and ends at John Ostrander's work for the team, and I'm hoping Gunn's claims of this being a spiritual sequel to Ostrander's run is true.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:46 PM   #3
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I'm actually excited for this movie!! To be honest I still havent seen the first one. It looked like dogshit and I never heard anything good about it to make me take a chance. This one looks more like what I wanted all along. My love for the Suicide Squad begins and ends at John Ostrander's work for the team, and I'm hoping Gunn's claims of this being a spiritual sequel to Ostrander's run is true.
The first one is only good for the first half. The rest honestly is a train wreck. Also peacemaker by john cena is highly praised. People call this funny violent and heart to where everyone has a moment

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-31-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The Peacemaker I remember as a kid that I liked was right after DC bought him with the Charlton characters and let Paul Kupperberg have him for a few years. He used him in Vigilante and had a 4 part mini series and I liked that version a lot. The James Gunn take is more like he is a tool than a whackjob. I guess I'll give it a chance and see how entertaining they make him.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
The Peacemaker I remember as a kid that I liked was right after DC bought him with the Charlton characters and let Paul Kupperberg have him for a few years. He used him in Vigilante and had a 4 part mini series and I liked that version a lot. The James Gunn take is more like he is a tool than a whackjob. I guess I'll give it a chance and see how entertaining they make him.
I know nada on him so i have no opinion really. Dude margot Robbie man gorgeous.

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 08-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
The first one is only good for the first half. The rest honestly is a train wreck . . .
Pretty much. A lot of it is editing, but some is story editing. I think it was a bad idea for their first time out to have the threat come from within the team. Thatís something you do in a sequel, when the team is established.

The sad part of that film being disappointing (and the reason I still own it on BD) is that Margot Robbie is so good as Harley.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #7
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Pretty much. A lot of it is editing, but some is story editing. I think it was a bad idea for their first time out to have the threat come from within the team. That’s something you do in a sequel, when the team is established.

The sad part of that film being disappointing (and the reason I still own it on BD) is that Margot Robbie is so good as Harley.
I have had a crush on margot Robbie ever since wolf of wallstreet. Then again Australian women with that accent get me going. As for suicide squad 2016 the end fight reminded me of ghostbusters 84 with gozer

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 08-07-2021, 11:48 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I really enjoyed it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:49 PM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I really enjoyed it.
As did i

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 08-08-2021, 12:51 AM   #10
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I watched it last night. Man that was a fun time! Nothing phenomenal, but a solid fun popcorn flick where you can turn your brain off and be entertained. At no point did I detect the filmmakers talking down to me for being a straight white male with blue eyes like most movies do now. This was just fun with violence and black humor. I was legit surprised at a couple of the squad members that bought it, fully expecting them to survive for a sequel. Not that the movie needs one, it could be for the best if this is it for the series and I'm lucky I got one solid and entertaining Suicide Squad film. I would recommend this movie to fellow fans, especially if they like R rated comic movies like Deadpool.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I watched it last night. Man that was a fun time! Nothing phenomenal, but a solid fun popcorn flick where you can turn your brain off and be entertained. At no point did I detect the filmmakers talking down to me for being a straight white male with blue eyes like most movies do now. This was just fun with violence and black humor. I was legit surprised at a couple of the squad members that bought it, fully expecting them to survive for a sequel. Not that the movie needs one, it could be for the best if this is it for the series and I'm lucky I got one solid and entertaining Suicide Squad film. I would recommend this movie to fellow fans, especially if they like R rated comic movies like Deadpool.
Im curious to see what gunn will tackle next for wb and dc

Thank you fuck you bye