The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Fan Works
FLASHCHAT

About Us
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

I'll be creating my own micros, lucky break for you! So who's signed up for this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #27
Trigger
Hal's Understudy
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 539
Default

I'm up for it. Still not quite sure, how it works but I'm sure I'd get the hang of it. I'd also be up to help design stuff it it's needed.
__________________
Trigger is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #28
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I'll have sigs up later, basic GLC RPG/RLC RPG logos and I finished up a new Atrocitus macro as well as a new micro for my old RP character Aieg 'R Ene....

I'll probably still make micros for everybody involved just to make group sigs like the last good RP we had. I had something like 7-10 characters for each Corps involved [we had 5 available with a ton of NPC/Boss characters also in the sigs].

Gonna send some PM invites to old players too when I get more time. Some of those guys were incredible if I can just talk them into it again....

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #29
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Aside from the sig I made with my character I can make other players and put them into a sig or an avatar either one. Here's a base for the Red Lanterns with Atrocitus taking up the space at the end with his big hulking ass....



On a side note I'll also throw a bunch of random alien heads together in micro form and if anybody wants to use one in the making of their Lantern then you're more than welcome to. I can work a few different body types into micros depending on what you have in mind.

~KL~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-31-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
I'm up for it. Still not quite sure, how it works but I'm sure I'd get the hang of it. I'd also be up to help design stuff it it's needed.
Tell me Trigger, do you know how to make microheroes? You'll eigther need to learn how, or get me or kid lantern to make them for you. I can teach you how to if you'd like
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
I'll have sigs up later, basic GLC RPG/RLC RPG logos and I finished up a new Atrocitus macro as well as a new micro for my old RP character Aieg 'R Ene....

I'll probably still make micros for everybody involved just to make group sigs like the last good RP we had. I had something like 7-10 characters for each Corps involved [we had 5 available with a ton of NPC/Boss characters also in the sigs].

Gonna send some PM invites to old players too when I get more time. Some of those guys were incredible if I can just talk them into it again....

~KL~
I can make my own sig or just use that RL one you posted. BTW, I'm going to be red lantern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Aside from the sig I made with my character I can make other players and put them into a sig or an avatar either one. Here's a base for the Red Lanterns with Atrocitus taking up the space at the end with his big hulking ass....



On a side note I'll also throw a bunch of random alien heads together in micro form and if anybody wants to use one in the making of their Lantern then you're more than welcome to. I can work a few different body types into micros depending on what you have in mind.

~KL~
Cool! I'll start to make my own sig!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #31
Trigger
Hal's Understudy
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 539
Default

Well I have a few years experience in pixel art and have been working on some games. Does it need to be standing like that or can I make my whole own thing?
__________________
Trigger is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #32
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Do whatever you want! There are a few templates here, slightly different style to traditional micros though. If you like, I can post some other templates here!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
Trigger
Hal's Understudy
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 539
Default

Hmm some interesting stuff in that thread, might not have to do much work
__________________
Trigger is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #34
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Appearance and micros are the part you have to worry about the least. Once the In-Character and Out-Of-Character threads are created, you'll need to figure out your stats and the needed details for your aliens....

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #35
Trigger
Hal's Understudy
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Appearance and micros are the part you have to worry about the least. Once the In-Character and Out-Of-Character threads are created, you'll need to figure out your stats and the needed details for your aliens....

~KL~
An idea of which I have none

I'd probably want to be from Garnet, Betrassus or wherever Porter was from.
__________________
Trigger is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #36
Shingo Wol
The Last Grey Warden
 
Shingo Wol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,728
Default

It's been a long time since I've been here KL.


But Lantern Denar Brecilian of sector 1992 is back and ready for action.
__________________

Winner of the Movie Character Draft and the TV Draft!
Shingo Wol is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #37
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Hybrid Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,112
Default

I've gotten board with the place I normally RP at, all RPs I like either die before it starts or shortly after. The long running ones are not based on anything I would want to be in. Tried starting my own but it was murdered by the "players" who "joined". Why on Earth make a character then abandon it?

Never tried the stat system before. I'll give it a try with a human character, unless this is pre-human lanterns.
Hybrid Lantern is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #38
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Appearance and micros are the part you have to worry about the least. Once the In-Character and Out-Of-Character threads are created, you'll need to figure out your stats and the needed details for your aliens....

~KL~
Cool. I've already made like 5 micro lanterns already. BTW, how many micros are you supposed to make? And how do I figure out the stats and whatnot?

ALso Trigger, I think you're meant to decide whether you're doing red lanterns or green lanterns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #39
Lantern Murdock 2814
Green Lantern
 
Lantern Murdock 2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to Lantern Murdock 2814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingo Wol View Post
It's been a long time since I've been here KL.


But Lantern Denar Brecilian of sector 1992 is back and ready for action.
And there is the sweet spot.
__________________
Lantern Murdock 2814 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

I guess you'r in too! Supprised I'm the only red lantern here!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #41
Lantern Murdock 2814
Green Lantern
 
Lantern Murdock 2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to Lantern Murdock 2814
Default

Shingo, KL, and myself are the Trinity of the Green Lanterns in this RPG.
__________________
Lantern Murdock 2814 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #42
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,810
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Ah neat!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #43
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
I've gotten board with the place I normally RP at, all RPs I like either die before it starts or shortly after. The long running ones are not based on anything I would want to be in. Tried starting my own but it was murdered by the "players" who "joined". Why on Earth make a character then abandon it?

Never tried the stat system before. I'll give it a try with a human character, unless this is pre-human lanterns.
Humanoids are fine but nobody from Earth or 2814. But some sort of physcial alien quality would be nice [like Shingo's character has purple eyes, Murdock's guy is from Throneworld, etc...]

But honestly the more alien the better. A single eye, different skin tone or texture, four arms, a tail, anything to make them stand out. It doesn't hurt you can also have one alien ability to add to your arsenal. I'll offer anybody with a more alien appearance level 2 stats. Returning players will still begin at Level 3 like always!

When I get in touch with one of the mods about sticky'ing the threads I'm gonna split it up into two separate threads with one for In-Character [IC] and another for Out Of Character [OOC].

Deadpool - if we can get in touch with LanternJake I'm sure he's still gonna be a member of the Reds.... and I think one of the returning players may begin as a Green and then be overcome with rage and switch sides.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Murdock 2814 View Post
Shingo, KL, and myself are the Trinity of the Green Lanterns in this RPG.
The guy I'm bringing in as deputy GM will make it more of a Four Horsemen, but he's starting out a rookie so we still out rank him LOL. I taught the guy what I know about micros and have been in a handful or so RP's with him. Aro, has your account been validated by an administrator yet?

I'll probably get the OOC up tonight at least, got it typed up already...

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #45
Kuhan
Moderator
 
Kuhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A town called Bel-Air
Posts: 7,743
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan
Default

WOAH LANTERN MURDOCK IS STILL AROUND?
__________________
[center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Hybrid Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Humanoids are fine but nobody from Earth or 2814.
Other than Earth & Mars I know of no other sentient beings in 2814.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
But honestly the more alien the better. A single eye, different skin tone or texture, four arms, a tail, anything to make them stand out. It doesn't hurt you can also have one alien ability to add to your arsenal. I'll offer anybody with a more alien appearance level 2 stats.
How about an alien with three eyes, 4 arms with bladed claws, no hair, whose skin is armored, with the ability to merge his 4 arms in to shields.

Or how about an alien whose biology is morphological, he can turn his fingers into bladed claws, from the elbow down a sword, turn an arm into a whip that can extend to grab a target or pull him to the target depending on said target, can disguise himself as just about any living creature as long as said creature isn't to big/small, etc.

I'm cool with playing either one or both at the same time. Maybe one is a Red Lantern.

Last edited by Hybrid Lantern; 08-02-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Hybrid Lantern is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #47
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe
 
Ωmega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 12,419
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
Other than Earth & Mars I know of no other sentient beings in 2814.

How about an alien with three eyes, 4 arms with bladed claws, no hair, whose skin is armored, with the ability to merge his 4 arms in to shields.

Or how about an alien whose biology is morphological, he can turn his fingers into bladed claws, from the elbow down a sword, turn an arm into a whip that can extend to grab a target or pull him to the target depending on said target, can disguise himself as just about any living creature as long as said creature isn't to big/small, etc.

I'm cool with playing either one or both at the same time. Maybe one is a Red Lantern.
Abin Sur's species?

As far as the alien's appearance it could be anything, but as far as his arms turning into shields or his arms into swords he/she/it can only have one alien ability. Check the stickied OOC for what's needed for stats and character info...

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #48
Hybrid Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Hybrid Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
Abin Sur's species?
Never knew where his planet was. It was never mentioned where it was located in the movies or cartoons, I don't really follow the comics.
Hybrid Lantern is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #49
Shingo Wol
The Last Grey Warden
 
Shingo Wol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,728
Default

Good to meet you to Deadpool.


MURDOCK! The old team back together, it warms the heart.
__________________

Winner of the Movie Character Draft and the TV Draft!
Shingo Wol is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #50
Lantern Murdock 2814
Green Lantern
 
Lantern Murdock 2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to Lantern Murdock 2814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
WOAH LANTERN MURDOCK IS STILL AROUND?
I never left. I'm like a ninja.
__________________
Lantern Murdock 2814 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.