Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Abin Surly
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Abin Surly and Jeff
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 113
  1. Abin Surly
    04-19-2013 09:34 PM
    Abin Surly

"SO LET IT BE WRITTEN! SO LET IT BE DONE!"

It's a rough cut...let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OY9_...ature=youtu.be
  2. Abin Surly
    04-19-2013 03:53 AM
    Abin Surly
    Nope, I'm in a Yul mood since I got my hair cut extremely short.

Mummies? I don't believe so, but my brain is like a sieve right now....I only use it to drain spaghetti. (my brain, not mummies).
  3. Jeff
    04-17-2013 02:29 AM
    Jeff
    So let it be written so it shall be done....are you waxing Iron Maiden on me? Lol I believe i have the everson book as well tucked away somewhere. I have a few books on the classic Universal stuff. I showed you the mummy sketches i did on the official Karoff site, right?
  4. Abin Surly
    04-17-2013 01:37 AM
    Abin Surly
    Another couple of 'jewels' you may remember from the Weaver et al book:
    the working title of most anything they were doing horror-wise was "Destiny";
    they remade Secret of the Blue Room at least twice too many times;
    the Laemmle family was not good at handling money or controlling their nepotistic tendencies (although I always have wished that they would have put Carla in more stuff...she could have been Universal's answer to Ann Dvorak);
    I'm still trying to figure out (although they did give an explanation) why the Holmes movies were included;
    etcetera...etcetera...etcetera...so let it be written...so let it be done (this last line should be repeated outloud while standing with your feet apart with your fists on your hips)

I've got about half of a preliminary video for you to take a look at, hopefully by Thursday if all goes well.
  5. Abin Surly
    04-17-2013 01:37 AM
    Abin Surly
    From what I understand (from them and other sources), she was a bit of a 'complainer' in general. I just wonder if he ever threatened to sit on her and snap her like a dry twig.

I really liked the book (it seemed a bit 'schizophrenic' in certain parts, inderstandable when there are three authors with slightly different tastes). I was disappointed when I got to the end because I wanted even more info ( ) so I immediately started Everson's "Classics of The Horror Film", Gifford's "Karloff: The Man, The Monster, The Movies" and have some others in my stack but now I've gotten sidetracked because I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead on streaming Netflix and have since bought the first three volumes of the graphic novel (so completely addicted now...I was afraid that was going to happen).
  6. Jeff
    04-15-2013 04:44 AM
    Jeff
    Hey man, meant to ask- how did you like the Universal Horrors book by Weaver and the Brunas Brothers? The thing I remember most about it was how tough Karl Fruend was on Zita Johann in the Mummy.
  7. Jeff
    03-14-2013 12:35 AM
    Jeff
    Well, there's a little something something I was hoping you could do....come up with the sickest, most elegantly disturbing video you can (monsters, horror, war, whatever...I like your visual style) and I will mash them together. I know your brain will fit soundly into that song....a perfect match made in hell. >
  8. Abin Surly
    03-13-2013 08:18 PM
    Abin Surly
    Wow! Is that you??? That was great!

POST IT, DAN-O!
  9. Jeff
    03-12-2013 04:27 AM
    Jeff
    Hey Man, check this out.....I think you will appreciate it. Tell me what you think after.
    http://soundcloud.com/shadowsandlight-1/vivisection
  10. Abin Surly
    02-16-2013 06:38 PM
    Abin Surly
    Well, you got that right. LOL

I think your machine must have over-shot a bit...we're watching The Giant Behemoth and occasionally glancing up to see the big clumpy snowflakes falling. Can you aim it down this way sometime late Sunday night?

BTW, how's the music going?