The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Abin Surly
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Abin Surly and Space Cop
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 264
  1. Space Cop
    03-16-2012 01:46 AM
    Space Cop
    I think I'm going to have to watch at least the first MST3K Gamera again before it expires (even though I've watched it within the last 6 months).
  2. Space Cop
    03-13-2012 06:33 PM
    Space Cop
    The site? Yeah, bookmarked it, but haven't explored it yet.
  3. Abin Surly
    03-13-2012 06:15 PM
    Abin Surly
    Did you find it?
  4. Space Cop
    03-13-2012 06:14 PM
    Space Cop
    That sounds familiar. Thanks for the name.
  5. Abin Surly
    03-13-2012 03:13 PM
    Abin Surly
    There a place online called Castle Forrester (not sure what the URL is) that does a basic swap of stuff he needs that people had taped long ago...allegedly, he will transfer it to dvd, make one for himself and send you a copy. I'm not sure what the deal is for actual purchase though. So many of their shows are wrapped up in copyright stuff.
  6. Space Cop
    03-13-2012 12:47 PM
    Space Cop
    Yeah, I need to get some of the DVD sets some day. Gamera would be on the top of the list. The only problem is that the older, numbered MST3K sets (which would be easier to collect than individual titles) are out of print so they go for a lot more on Amazon or eBay.
  7. Abin Surly
    03-13-2012 04:10 AM
    Abin Surly
    The ones I'm worried about are all of the Gamera ones. We've seen Dr. Z a number of times, but my lovely wife prefers the older giant monster ones, both of the japanese variety as well as the Bert I. Gordon sort.
    I'm concerned about missing out on Godard's Alphaville, which also expires this week...D'OH!
  8. Space Cop
    03-12-2012 03:31 PM
    Space Cop
    FYI: at least 2 Instant Netflix MST3Ks expire by the end of the week (Final Sacrifice and Blood Waters of Dr. Z). They're may be more I've removed from my list and wouldn't know.
  9. Abin Surly
    02-16-2012 05:59 PM
    Abin Surly
    And a good one at that.

I think you're right...I'll have to come up with a good phrase.
    Matt Groening coined the phrase "Frank is our Elvis", but I'm thinking everyone will just be confused by the ambiguity.
  10. Space Cop
    02-16-2012 03:12 PM
    Space Cop
    Hmm. Personally, I'd suggest doing something different than what we see in your posts already: since the sirius line and your love of classic horror is already clear, perhaps the music connection? Just a thought.