The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Space Cop
FLASHCHAT

Conversation Between Space Cop and Agent Purple
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 191
  1. Agent Purple
    08-15-2015 04:21 PM
    Agent Purple
    I just did the fast travel, got dropped into another district, and glided to the top of a building. And the game glitched and gave me the gliding challenge for gliding 25 meters while less than 5 above the ground. Whatever works, I guess.
  2. Agent Purple
    08-15-2015 11:43 AM
    Agent Purple
    If you can find it for around ten bucks, I'd say get it. The Deathstroke pack is what I ended up really liking, enough so that I ended up not utterly hating the character in all his forms. You'll need a guide for the Worst Nightmare challenges, but you can actually complete almost all of the Shadow Vigilante and Gotham Protector challenges right after getting into Gotham after the Blackgate intro level.

Overall, Origins is a disappointment, yes, but it isn't terrible. It's okay, a 7/10 where it should be an 8 at least. For a modest price and with the Deathstroke pack, I'd recommend fans of the Rocksteady games to get it.
  3. Space Cop
    08-15-2015 03:47 AM
    Space Cop
    I still haven't played Origins. I keep waiting for it to be cheap enough to justify the cost considering what I hear about it overall.
  4. Agent Purple
    08-15-2015 03:35 AM
    Agent Purple
    I just realized a terrible fact: the basic combat mechanic of critical strikes (getting a hit in right after finishing a move) was turned into a sidequest reward in Arkham Origins. I can't progress in completing the Dark Knight challenges until I do that sidequest.

For shame (again), WB Montreal.
  5. Agent Purple
    08-10-2015 06:36 PM
    Agent Purple
    Got the Robin Revenge trophy for doing all single maps (the vanilla and Robin Bundle ones, that is). Man, do I hope the non-Batman characters are better balanced in Knight.
  6. Space Cop
    08-10-2015 03:02 AM
    Space Cop
    Yeah, now that you say it, I remember that recovery being a big problem in Iceberg Lounge (when you're surrounded by armed guys that lunge at you).
  7. Agent Purple
    08-10-2015 02:20 AM
    Agent Purple
    I just went downstairs to get cake and soda and my mom asked who I was yelling at. Had to tell her it was the game, but at least I'm done for a while.
  8. Agent Purple
    08-10-2015 02:15 AM
    Agent Purple
    His ground takedown recovery is unforgivable. He does it, and then you try and run but he's busy putting his stick away with one hand and the other arm is just sticking down awkwardly while he's doing this horribly pathetic half-run that gets you half-killed.

His detective vision is a disaster, to boot. Even Catwoman's thief vision is bounds better. Why do I need a radar in the corner, Rocksteady?

I think I'll grind through Robin's last few maps (extremes) and then take a break from using them. Maybe I'll use Batman on Iceberg Lounge or something, just take it easy.
  9. Space Cop
    08-10-2015 01:48 AM
    Space Cop
    Dick took me a long time on campaign. I agree; the buttons are all messed up. His movement is pretty fast and it's easy enough to string basic moves, but the combos are all screwed up.
  10. Agent Purple
    08-10-2015 01:45 AM
    Agent Purple
    Well, I barely managed to get through all the single maps as Nightwing (Rocksteady had no idea how to handle his character, they screwed up so bad). I still have four maps left as Robin and then a load as Catwoman.

At this point, I am really beginning to doubt I'll ever bother doing the campaign maps as the other characters. Nightwing's horrible, but the other two aren't so great when the pressure's on. Literally only Batman is a good character in terms of balance.