Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan

Not many people read this, and that's a pity. It was published as a TPB only. But if you did, I'm wondering what you thought about it and about the depiction of my boy Tom Kamalku.

I enjoyed it. And it was released in Hardcover first. That's what I have. I didn't even know it was released as a TPB.

I thought it was the most interesting use of the Tom Kalmaku character I've ever read. And it would have made a great start to a rebuilding of the GLC, but that effort seemed to stall out right afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I enjoyed it. And it was released in Hardcover first. That's what I have. I didn't even know it was released as a TPB.

I thought it was the most interesting use of the Tom Kalmaku character I've ever read. And it would have made a great start to a rebuilding of the GLC, but that effort seemed to stall out right afterward.
      Sorry, I meant hardcover. And it stalled only because Geoff got them to halt the restoration so that he could bring back Hal at the same time as the Corps, which delayed the whole thing by two years.

IMO Tom was the one who should have gotten the last ring instead of Kyle. DC blew a great opportunity there.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-13-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

It was okay,like will world and fear it's self I can see why most people aren't super into it this TPB.

As for Goeff and what his agenda was,I think he made the right call. DC had teased us with the return of the corps tomany times in the past. I believe that you had to make it a big event and you had to assure people,that we are not just jerking you around again.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

My absolute favorite thing about that graphic novel was the bit where Hal explains how he would take on the entire JLA. I had been arguing since I was a little kid that Hal could at least theoretically beat Superman and pretty much any of the top dogs and here was a battle plan for it.

Comment

Working...
          X