Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    If you don't mind occasionally extremely hard side scrollers (with unlimited lives), you should give The Messenger a try. You can find it at the eshop for, I don't know, 19 bucks or so.
    I saw Mike Matei and his friend Ryan review that, it looked great. I'll have to remember it for when I have a Switch...years from now.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Toy Galaxy did a good retrospective on Captain N, which I have a lot of nostalgia for.
    I remember that show, vaguely.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      I saw Mike Matei and his friend Ryan review that, it looked great. I'll have to remember it for when I have a Switch...years from now.
      It's on PC as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...The_Messenger/

Comment

• Over 1M people played RE2 demo, only 29% completed it

Comment

• 1) Took multiple tries, finally got the "Classic" mask from the current global event, Strike. I nearly got it the first try, except I took blast damage from an ally in the mission's boss battle and had to engage several follow-up attempts.

2) JMM: "No coins/enemies" Super Mario Bros challenge

Comment

I watched that this afternoon and I have to say those guys who claim Mike and James aren't really hardcore gamers should watch this one. Both of them pull off at least one really impressive move each in this challenge.

Comment

• Pfeh. Anyone who claims either isn't hardcore hasn't seen them do any of the classics. I know James has beaten all three classic Ninja Gaiden games, as well as Street Fighter 2010 (which is absurdly hard) and the Ghosts n Goblins franchise, as well as any number of other difficult games.

Comment

• ^Yeah, well you'll see a lot of those comments particularly in the videos where they mess up something or don't know all the rules or secrets of some game. And if you compare one of those to some super, perfect speed run by the world's best, they don't necessarily rank. I think a big part of that is because they're willing to show you the failures and learning curves instead of just the best runs. But they've certainly proved their acumen with the core NES library and stuff like this is just impressive.

Comment

• Rogue One writer rips into EA over mishandling of Star Wars license

Comment

• Activision is charging $2 for a fucking reticle, showing their absolute disregard for consumers

Comment

• That's funny. I thought you covered this ridiculous example of pay DLC, but I guess I saw the discussion elsewhere. It's pretty much the height of stupidity in the practice.

Comment

• I might have mentioned them charging a dollar for a dot in the targeting reticle, but that was $1 and a short while back, and this is pretty new.

Anyway...

Finished watching a full walkthrough for Bloodborne, which really makes me want to both get that (even though I don't really have HDD space for it right now on my PS4), and go through all the old Souls games (I only have Dark Souls 1, never bought any of the others). Also watching lore videos explaining the backgrounds of DS3 and BB, and goddamn are they fascinating.

Hell, it even makes me want to read Lovecraft's works.

Comment

• JMM: Silver Surfer, no shots fired

I gotta say, the new intro is actually really nice.

Comment

I gotta say, the new intro is actually really nice.
                            I guess that's just for the challenges videos. Come up with a clever one and you can keep them going. The Mario ones were more interesting to me. They could take a break for a while; try some of the many classic games they've mentioned that they need to do and intersperse the challenges every now and then.

But, whatever. I watch almost everything on the main Cinemassacre channel (the exceptions would be a Talk-About-Games, where the topic is totally uninteresting to me and I've even watched a few of those because they cover it well) and occasional stuff on Mike's play-through channel.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-22-2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Well, I looked up how to unlock all the bonus costumes for all the characters in Ninja Storm 4, and now I see I shouldn't have traded away a bunch of items I'd gained over playing the game (they're easily replaced, just random shit you win in battles or finding them lying about, or trading some to NPCs for other items), because a lot of them are used in purchasing the bonus costumes and other selectables. Looks like I'll be working on buying up a bunch of the items I like (I did grab some, but a few more remain).

Also been working on finishing minor challenges that crop up and some other side quests before I dig into doing the "Memory Fragments," which are the battles from the first half of the series and up to before this game begins. I'll also need to redo a whole ass-load of the story battles to get better ratings so that I can earn those trophies. Ugh.

The Division has me faring a little better, since I'm close to completing 750 missions and 100 co-op missions. After I'm done those, I might try Survival to earn the Stygian mask.

Comment

• Why didn't anyone tell me how mother loving hard Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is?!

Comment

Working...
                                X