Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Damn, that's savage, but true.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #5177
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Although, it sort of perpetuates this myth that if only everybody did the right stuff, nobody would die of COVID. There's no reason to believe that is true, and lots of evidence that it is not. The precautions were ALWAYS expected to "flatten the curve", not prevent all cases. Maybe this guy wouldn't have died, maybe he would have, you just can't really say with any certainty. That said, I am perfectly willing to cut grieving families a lot of slack about how they express their grief.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #5178
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Although, it sort of perpetuates this myth that if only everybody did the right stuff, nobody would die of COVID. There's no reason to believe that is true, and lots of evidence that it is not. The precautions were ALWAYS expected to "flatten the curve", not prevent all cases. Maybe this guy wouldn't have died, maybe he would have, you just can't really say with any certainty. That said, I am perfectly willing to cut grieving families a lot of slack about how they express their grief.
Agreed and agreed. Masks aren't even close to 100% (the virus is smaller than the spaces in the material, which is why you see CDC guys in hazmat suits, not surgical masks) and there's all kinds of ways it can legitimately spread from people and to people following the guidelines. But I'm sure it would be aggravating to lose someone to it and see all these people who don't follow the guidelines simply because they don't want to.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:56 AM   #5179
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://deadline.com/2020/07/harry-c...ng-1202994418/

Harry Clein, a veteran film publicist who wrote the original press notes for Star Wars and helped develop the innovative internet campaign for The Blair Witch Project, died June 18 of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder in Atlanta. He was 82.

His death was announced by spokesperson Mark Pogachefsky.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:58 AM   #5180
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
The thing though, is that while not everyone's trying to spread the disease, it's just that there are a lot of people, especially in the U.S. who basically live by a "It's fake" policy, that doesn't help at all, and just makes it more frustrating, so I absolutely understand the families grievances at the same time.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:14 PM   #5181
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I can fully understand the frustration. I just don't think it is accurate to say "He'd still be alive today if it weren't for those people that don't wear masks!" Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. The disease isn't ONLY spread by people ignoring precautions.

That said, while the belief that mask wearing doesn't help and the belief that mask wearing would STOP the spread of the disease are both equally false, one is clearly more dangerous.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #5182
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

People need to wear masks. Period. The ones who refuse to are stupid or jerks.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #5183
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://variety.com/2020/tv/obituari...ry-1234724490/

Reni Santoni, who played Poppie in “Seinfeld” and appeared in “Dirty Harry” and other films, died on Aug. 1. He was 81.

According to a Facebook post written by his friend and TV writer-producer Tracy Newman, Santoni died on Saturday morning. He had been “sick for quite a while.”
Old 08-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #5184
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://nypost.com/2020/08/05/pete-h...or-dead-at-85/

Pete Hamill, the consummate New York newspaperman and novelist whose 15-year career at the New York Post included stints as a columnist and editor, died Wednesday, his family said. He was 85.

Hamill fell at his Brooklyn home Saturday after returning from dialysis, his brother, writer Denis Hamill, told The Post.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:40 AM   #5185
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.thecut.com/2020/08/daisy...y-suicide.html

Daisy Coleman, the survivor at the center of the 2012 Maryville, Missouri, rape case and whose story was later featured in the Netflix documentary Audrie & Daisy, died by suicide on Tuesday evening. She was 23 years old.

Damn, this is incredibly depressing.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #5186
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-84-1306078

Billy Goldenberg, the Emmy-winning composer who collaborated with Elvis Presley, Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross, wrote the theme songs for Kojak and Rhoda and provided music for Queen of the Stardust Ballroom, Helter Skelter and Steven Spielberg's Duel, has died. He was 84.

Goldenberg died Monday in his Manhattan apartment, friend and screenwriter Gary Gerani, who is doing a documentary about the composer, told The Hollywood Reporter.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #5187
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.lastampa.it/spettacoli/2...olo-1.39176203

The first true autonomous female voice on the Italian scene. With the death of Franca Valeri today a symbol disappears, as well as a great actress and a cultured, ironic, tasteful lady. She had just turned 100, she was born on July 31, 1920 in Milan, from a good family of Jewish origin, real name Franca Maria Norsa. Since its debut in 1948, with the stage name, derived from the French poet Paul Valery, "because my father did not want me to do theater", he had interpreted the vices, changes, weaknesses of a society in transformation and then decay, creating popular icons such as Signorina Snob or Sora Cecioni, an amazing success of which she has long felt a prisoner.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:27 AM   #5188
Space Cop
The Dandy

James Harris (wrestler Kamala) dies at age 70.

He had not been well for some time and had both legs amputated. I gotta re-watch some old matches. His gimmick is very dated now to say the least. Interestingly, when he started in pro wrestling, he was shocked to find out the matches were predetermined.

Last edited by Space Cop; 08-11-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #5189
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Raymond Allen, the actor known for his roles as Uncle Woody on "Sanford and Son" and Ned the Wino on "Good Times," died on Monday after a battle with respiratory issues. He was 91.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:53 PM   #5190
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post

James Harris (wrestler Kamala) dies at age 70.

He had not been well for some time and had both legs amputated. I gotta re-watch some old matches. His gimmick is very dated now to say the least. Interestingly, when he started in pro wrestling, he was shocked to find out the matches were predetermined.
Maybe this is a tribute from Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ick/index.html
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:48 AM   #5191
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Maybe this is a tribute from Biden.
Kamala Harris is Biden’s Running Mate
Funny enough, I too thought about that “connection” today.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #5192
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sum...nt-1234732722/

Sumner Redstone, a towering figure in media who built his father’s drive-in theater business into an empire that included Viacom, Paramount Pictures and CBS Corp., only to see his legacy tarnished in his final years by corporate battles and sordid allegations by former girlfriends, died Aug. 11 at his home in Los Angeles. He was 97.

National Amusements, the Redstone family’s private holding company that controls what is now ViacomCBS, confirmed that Redstone died Tuesday afternoon. After years of public battles with family members, Redstone had been in close contact over the past three years with his daughter, ViacomCBS chairman Shari Redstone, and others in his extended family.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #5193
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...-complications

The persistent COVID-19 pandemic has claimed a number of notable individuals in the entertainment industry over the last five months, and sadly news has now broken that yet another wonderful performer has died after contracting the virus. Trinidad "Trini" López III – who was best known as a singer, but also played the notable role of Pedro Jimenez in Robert Aldrich's The Dirty Dozen – has passed away at the age of 83.

Lopez was a resident of Palm Springs, California since the 1960s, and his passing was first reported earlier today by Palm Springs Life magazine. He was born in Texas as the son of Mexican immigrants, and began to play as part of a band when he was 15, both as a singer and a guitarist. In the late 1950s his group The Big Beats signed with Columbia Records, but he soon left to pursue a solo career.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:40 AM   #5194
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://apnews.com/794eb8e2f690e1034f949f84879bb418

Danish Grammy award-winning composer and pianist Bent Fabricius-Bjerre, known internationally as Bent Fabric, who had an international hit in 1962 with the tune “Alley Cat,” has died. He was 95.

His family confirmed that Fabricius-Bjerre died on Tuesday after fighting cancer.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #5195
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...earlier-today/

After a long battle with his health (and the medical system), our colleague Ed Brayton died early this morning. It happened just a few days after he called hospice.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #5196
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://extratv.com/2020/08/14/days-...nz-dead-at-58/

Linda Manz, who as an androgynous teen captivated many with her performances in the films "Days of Heaven" and "Out of the Blue," died Friday at 58. The cause, according to extended family posting on social media, was pneumonia and lung cancer.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:50 AM   #5197
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/polit...6T02%3A45%3A08

Robert Trump, 72, the younger brother of President Donald Trump, died Saturday at a New York hospital, Donald Trump announced in a statement.

"It is with heavy heart I share that my wonderful brother, Robert, peacefully passed away tonight. He was not just my brother, he was my best friend. He will be greatly missed, but we will meet again. His memory will live on in my heart forever. Robert, I love you. Rest in peace," the President said.

RIP to his family. Shame his brother is a monster.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:30 AM   #5198
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/polit...6T02%3A45%3A08

Robert Trump, 72, the younger brother of President Donald Trump, died Saturday at a New York hospital, Donald Trump announced in a statement.

"It is with heavy heart I share that my wonderful brother, Robert, peacefully passed away tonight. He was not just my brother, he was my best friend. He will be greatly missed, but we will meet again. His memory will live on in my heart forever. Robert, I love you. Rest in peace," the President said.

RIP to his family. Shame his brother is a monster.

Jesus Christ.......................... how's that haterade

anyway rip to his loved ones, i know our dear leader is hurting now but time heals all wounds..................... just like when he healed America with low unemployment and a high economy (before China's bio-weapon that is) this pain too will pass

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #5199
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/08...-46-years-old/

We are sad to learn about the passing of John “Xavier” Jirius. He was 43-years-old. As of this writing his cause of death has not been made public.

Xavier, a former ROH Champion was born in New York City and he was trained by former ECW star Tony Devito. He broke into the indie wrestling scene and started working with Northeast Wrestling.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #5200
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...s-at-50-127388

Filmmaker Nishikant Kamat, best known for directing the thriller drama “Drishyam”, died on Monday after battling liver cirrhosis for two years, the AIG Hospitals here said. He was 50.