Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last few weeks of trade purchases:

Comment

• I ended up with Border Patrol Cartman, which looks to be pretty common. I want that Awesome-O, but its 1/40 so I'll probably never get it.

Comment

• New backpack.

Comment

• A used book through Amazon

The Reagan Diaries

Might be my political memoir choice for the Reading Challenge, might not, depending on my mood. I have a few choices.

Comment

• Transformers: the movie - Steelbook edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              Transformers: the movie - Steelbook edition

Cool. Report back on the features or your thoughts in the Transformers thread if you would. Do I need to upgrade my DVD some day?
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 09-14-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Combiner Wars Computron with PE Upgrade kit.

Comment

• Transformers: The movie Blu-ray edition

Comment

• At the local library sale got 8 DVDs,* 2 hardcover books, and one LP for a total of $27:

*Oddly enough, despite the $3-each price, 3 of the DVDs were still sealed.
                      Also, Apt Pupil is OOP and goes for $30 online.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 09-18-2016, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, do you get the collections and omnibuses of books you already have?
                        Just noticed this response, sorry.

No, I am perfectly happy to have any given book in only one format. For example, I bought one collection (or rather got it as a gift, IIRC) that was composed of three of the Hardcover novels that I did not yet own (though I had read them), and I feel no need to get the individual books. I collect them for the purpose of reading them, so if I've got a copy in one form, that's good enough.

Though I freely admit that many of them I have read only once. The prospect of starting at one end of this large a collection and re-reading through to the other end is just too daunting at this point, so I just pick and choose if I find myself needing a Star Trek fix and there isn't a new book out at the moment. Right now I'm re-reading Shatner's Trek novels. I'm on the third now.

The first was MUCH better than the second. So far the third is better than the second, too, but there is a heavy-handed environmental message developing that I'm not sure fits with my view of the way the Federation would function. But that second one...hooo boy. When you have Kirk kicking Worf's butt using Klingon fighting styles, you really have to wonder if Kirk's Mary Sue status in that novel was intentional or if Shatner didn't REALIZE he was doing that (and surely his co-authors could have mentioned how goofy that seemed). And I also can't get over how Kirk essentially defeated the Borg single-handedly... by flipping a switch.

Comment

• Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 09-18-2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Won this in a raffle:

TRANSFORMERS Legends Slipstream

Comment

• Doing the free trial of Amazon Prime to get special prices and free shipping for these movies so I'll have some more horror options to watch in October:

[These finish my TCM collection.]

[And these bring me up to date with PM.]

[This doesn't quite finish my Pinhead collection, but the two I don't have I can watch on Instant Netflix for now.]

Comment

• ^TCM: TB was an odd movie. I remember it got kinda freaky for me, so I turned it off. I liked the movie titled Texas Chainsaw better.

How many HR movies are in that collection?

Comment

Working...
                                X