Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the BETTER side of humanity...

Yo.

Im actually happy to see something like this pop up: http://pix11.com/2014/12/17/homeless...et-him-a-home/

Homeless man empties pockets to help girl get home, she raises $43K to get him a home

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

That's a great and heart warming story.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Holy shit, that is touching.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

It's great to see good things happen to good people for a change.

I knew this story couldn't be in the US because nowhere in this country could you buy a house for $43K.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
          It's great to see good things happen to good people for a change.

I knew this story couldn't be in the US because nowhere in this country could you buy a house for $43K.
          Well, they didn't say they bought him a house. It says "home". The money is, according to the campaign, for a "flat deposit". I'm pretty sure you can't buy a house in the UK for $43K, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Well, they didn't say they bought him a house. It says "home". The money is, according to the campaign, for a "flat deposit". I'm pretty sure you can't buy a house in the UK for $43K, either.
            Ah, see I skimmed through the article. Still, $43K down? It would make more sense to lease him an apartment.

Comment

Ah, see I skimmed through the article. Still, $43K down? It would make more sense to lease him an apartment.
              That detail was in the link to the campaign, not the article itself. I checked it out when you raised the question and I was curious, because I, too, wasn't sure what kind of "home" $43K could provide.

I'm not sure how real estate works in the UK, but "flat" equals "apartment", I think, so a lease may be exactly what they ARE doing. Not sure exactly what a "flat deposit" represents. Maybe one of our UK board members can enlighten us.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-18-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

That is a cool story.

Here's something from this past weekend around here that was pretty cool too.

Tarrant police officer delivers groceries to woman caught stealing eggs at Dollar General

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                  That is a cool story.

Here's something from this past weekend around here that was pretty cool too.

Tarrant police officer delivers groceries to woman caught stealing eggs at Dollar General
                  The comments under that story contain the assertion that this, and other random acts of kindness by police around the nation, are part of a grand conspiracy conducted purely for PR purposes.

Comment

I am really REALLY happy that this thread is created. In a time where rape, murder, and all out violence dominate the news, it is good to remember that decent, good willed people still exist. I hope to contribute heavily to this thread.

Thank you.

Comment

Yo.

HEEYYYYY...........I just had a thought: could a thread where we post really heinous crimes work on this board??

would it hafta be stuck in Qward, or could it work here?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

It's funny because when I saw this thread title before I read the starter I assumed it would be Doom. When I saw it was Tazer, I thought, "weird, I would have pegged him for the opposite kind of thread."

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                          Yo.

HEEYYYYY...........I just had a thought: could a thread where we post really heinous crimes work on this board??

would it hafta be stuck in Qward, or could it work here?

Tazer
                          Hey, that image looks familiar... and I thought that was the "Weird news" thread.

Comment

Hey, that image looks familiar... and I thought that was the "Weird news" thread.
                            Yeah, my thought with weird news thread was anything strange whether it be good, bad, or neither.

I think Tazer is thinking more of crimes that explore the depths of humanity without necessarily being "weird." For instance, the news out of Carins, Australia is that someone stabbed to death 8 children, 7 of which were from one mother, whom they also stabbed but left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              It's funny because when I saw this thread title before I read the starter I assumed it would be Doom. When I saw it was Tazer, I thought, "weird, I would have pegged him for the opposite kind of thread."
                              Ditto, but I like to believe there is some type of good in everyone. Except for Charles Manson. He's a bad person. And Squirrel Girl. Bitch is just plain evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X