Comment

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Yo.

.........ah dont get it

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I only ever get about a 1/4 of those.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I usually understand most of them. This one eludes me though. Which leads me to think it's a Dark Souls 2 reference. I played about 2 hours of the first one and instantly quit. I don't mind challenges in video games, but the way that game challenged you just wasn't any fun IMO.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                I usually understand most of them. This one eludes me though. Which leads me to think it's a Dark Souls 2 reference. I played about 2 hours of the first one and instantly quit. I don't mind challenges in video games, but the way that game challenged you just wasn't any fun IMO.
                There's this kid at our church who is constantly trying to tell me about the videogames he is playing, giving the impression that he really wants my approval, or for me to play them too, or something. I think he must have some sort of social interaction disorder, which I'm sensitive to, since my oldest has been diagnosed with Aspergers, but it gets really tiring trying to engage him in conversation when essentially he just follows me spouting about whatever game he is fixated on this week.

This lengthy introductory paragraph was really just leading into the fact that, this past week, he was going on about Dark Souls 2. And it sounds HORRID. I mean, he would describe the way the game worked, and he must have thought he was making it sound cool, but all I kept thinking (and eventually saying, though perhaps a bit more gently) was, "This game sounds like about the least fun thing I could EVER choose to do for entertainment on a computer."

I mean, he's talking about "trial and error" gameplay, where you have to die over and over and over again to figure out what you have to do to progress, and then talking about bosses that are even harder, and how you have to replay the whole area just to get back to the boss if it kills you, and how, when you come back after dying you are actually weaker than before somehow, and how when you finally kill the boss you get this REALLY COOL GEAR, but it doesn't really matter because the enemies you fight AFTER that are so much harder that with your "cool, new gear" you are at the same level against them as you were without it against the previous enemies. I know that was a horrible run-on sentence, but that gives something of the flavor of the "conversation", really.

Comment

Drool
                  Originally posted by IonFan
                  (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                  Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                  If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                  Originally posted by Quaker
                  I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    Yo.
                    .........ah dont get it
                    Tazer
                    Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    I only ever get about a 1/4 of those.
                    Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                    I didn't post the text from the page, but one of the two guys who does that series was sick on Easter, so the other guy just threw something together in lieu of a scheduled release. Every now and then, they'll have "Lazy Grey Art Day" or "Nearly-Dead Cory Art Day" or whatever, which is a sign that one of them is doing a proverbial balancing act and the other has to make the magic happen.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                      Grundy looks stoned. And Bizarro... well he's Bizarro...

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        I didn't post the text from the page, but one of the two guys who does that series was sick on Easter, so the other guy just threw something together in lieu of a scheduled release. Every now and then, they'll have "Lazy Grey Art Day" or "Nearly-Dead Cory Art Day" or whatever, which is a sign that one of them is doing a proverbial balancing act and the other has to make the magic happen.
                        So, we're not missing anything? It's just a hero shot?
                        Get Fuzzy does that sometimes too.

Comment

Well, it's better than nothing for a week and an apology next time around.

There wasn't anything beyond "Dude's sick, I'm pinch-hitting," certainly no explanation if the left or right half was the original piece and the rest was added or if the whole thing is meant to look like that, but either way, I like the art. Surreal, sure, but nice.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X