The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #14351
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

If this GL movie were to really happen in 2020 (and knowing WB, that's a BIG "if"), that'd be NINE years after the first GL movie. Plenty of time for that to be a reboot. I'm hoping for Hal Jordan as the hero, and a reboot akin to the two Hulk films.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #14352
IonFan
Forum Member

good god, 2020 is like forever from now

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #14353
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
good god, 2020 is like forever from now
That's what I'm saying. I could be dead by then. America could fall by then. The world could be gone by then.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #14354
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

But chances are you'll have a GL in the Justice League movie so...baby steps fellas. baby steps.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #14355
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
But chances are you'll have a GL in the Justice League movie so...baby steps fellas. baby steps.
yeah that's WB/DC for ya baby steps after baby steps after baby steps, while Marvel goes full bore kicking @$$ and taking names

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 10-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #14356
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Who knows if this message board will make it until 2020. That would be something if it did.

I think 3 years after the Green Lantern movie, most of us can agree that the film was a failure.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #14357
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Who knows if this message board will make it until 2020. That would be something if it did.

I think 3 years after the Green Lantern movie, most of us can agree that the film was a failure.
We are closer to the theoretical release of this Green Lantern reboot movie than we are to the date I joined this forum.

Quote:
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #14358
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

So you were like 11 or 12 years old when you sign up here?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #14359
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
...I think 3 years after the Green Lantern movie, most of us can agree that the film was a failure.
Financially (as in making a profit) and culturally (as in positively endearing GL to the world), yes it was a failure, but it was neither the worst comic movie ever nor the biggest box office bomb in cinema as some people seemed to like to characterize it.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #14360
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

For sure. I was watching Catwoman on cable the other day and talk about a hot mess. The CGI, story, characters, costume design and acting all thumbs down.

I think DC/WB will learn from the mistakes of the 2011 Green Lantern film, like they did with the Schumacher Batflicks and we'll get an awesome Green Lantern movie in 2020.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #14361
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
For sure. I was watching Catwoman on cable the other day and talk about a hot mess. The CGI, story, characters, costume design and acting all thumbs down. . .
Catwoman is soooo bad that I like to watch it on a Mystery-Science-kind-of ironic level (even picked it up cheap on Blu-ray).
Old 10-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #14362
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Not only that, it was so bad that people forget it that it's the first superhero or anti-hero movie that starred a female and non-white character. I mean, the talking heads are saying that the Wonder Woman film that DC announced yesterday will be the first solo female super hero film.

People forget about Catwoman and Elektra, probably rightfully so.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #14363
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Not only that, it was so bad that people forget it that it's the first superhero or anti-hero movie that starred a female and non-white character. I mean, the talking heads are saying that the Wonder Woman film that DC announced yesterday will be the first solo female super hero film.

People forget about Catwoman and Elektra, probably rightfully so.
Or maybe they don't see Catwoman as a Superhero. I know I don't. I don't know enough about Elektra to have an opinion on that score.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #14364
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I would qualify Halle Berry's Catwoman as much as a hero as any Batman or Punisher film. I mean, Patience Phillips isn't cat burglar or live a life of crime.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #14365
Mister Ed

Quote:
I would qualify Halle Berry's Catwoman as much as a hero as any Batman or Punisher film. I mean, Patience Phillips isn't cat burglar or live a life of crime.
Well, I never saw the film. I was going based on the actual character. Which apparently the movie didn't.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:02 AM   #14366
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Nope. The movie was pretty much "Catwoman" in name only.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #14367
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Even if they got them RIGHT, Elektra an Catwoman were horrible ideas for solo movies. Not every character deserves their own movie.

...Unless you're Marvel, in which case you can pull a raccoon out of your ass and put a machine gun in it's paw and make money.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #14368
Trigger
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
I think we might be looking at almost "literal" baby steps for Green Lantern, seeing as how young the person cast for Flash is. If they are going to try and have the dynamic from the comics they will most likely pick someone that looks around the same age.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #14369
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

I honestly doubt the folks involved with the JLA movie are interested in the Hal/Barry dynamic. At least not in terms of preserving what it was in the comics. I expect a lot more friction in general. Still, I can see them going younger for Hal since Batman's going to be older, which they can get away with him being Batman for years before "Man of Steel" with the whole shadowy urban legend thing, and how he mainly sticks to Gotham. In "MoS" it seemed clear people weren't aware of superheroes yet, so it's unlikely a Green Lantern had been flying around Coast City during that time.

Also, if how Johns handled Hal in his interpretation of the JLA origin is any indication, Hal definitely came across as young and cocky. Bats and Supes are the elder statemen.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #14370
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:

so, so true, i have 3 copy's (2 Blu-Rays and 1 DvD) and it'll take an act of god before i even look at any of them again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Financially (as in making a profit) and culturally (as in positively endearing GL to the world), yes it was a failure, but it was neither the worst comic movie ever nor the biggest box office bomb in cinema as some people seemed to like to characterize it.
d@mn right (and i've seen The Last Airbeander)

ya know i can't help be wondering if BvS bombs big time (i know it won't but go with me on this) will it hurt this timeline they've got set up or will they pull a Marvel and just power on through with the next film down the line (something tells me they wouldn't and got back to square one)?

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #14371
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, it's very, very doubtful that Bats v. Supes will be a box office box. That movie will probably make $120 million opening weekend, even though is a March release and figure to make about $300 million domestically. And the Justice League films will probably bank as much, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't continue with the slate of films planned. Unless the budgets for the films skyrockets over $200 million.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #14372
IonFan
Forum Member

i know, i know that's why i said

Quote:
(i know it won't but go with me on this)
but you do see how everything's (and i do mean EVERYTHING) is riding on BvS being big at the box office right

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 10-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #14373
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
So you were like 11 or 12 years old when you sign up here?
ha. I was 14. I'm 21 now.

Quote:
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #14374
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
so, so true, i have 3 copy's (2 Blu-Rays and 1 DvD) and it'll take an act of god before i even look at any of them again
What!? You were the movie's biggest defender here and had it as your sig for like two years. Heck, I thought I was less of a fan of the movie and I watch it twice or more a year.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #14375
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
What!? You were the movie's biggest defender here and had it as your sig for like two years. Heck, I thought I was less of a fan of the movie and I watch it twice or more a year.
Well, to be fair, you probably watch 10 times as many movies a year as he does.

Tags
movie