No announcement yet.

Green Lantern wiki page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on us. Anyone can go there and add to it. I just don't have the time personally. The "project" can't neccessarily "die". It's there for us to do with what we plese. Then if there are any incorrect submissions, they are reviewed, checked, and corrected by "administrators" of sorts. My bro being one of these becasue he works for wikia, that's what he does.

Comment

I'll be taking a crack at it... one of these days. I want it to be a big part of the site.

Comment

Thing is, for years now we have all used Dr. Mouse's Book of Oa. Which is a very thorough source of pre vol.4 info. I'm not sure if anyone else has the time or backissues handy to make anything that can rival that place.
        Limelantern
        Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined
        Last edited by Limelantern; 07-31-2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I'm working on it in my spare time, i've increased the amount of pages by about 10%. I'm going to be working on it especially over the next several days. I think with the wealth of knowledge available in this membership it should be easy for us to fill a lot of it in.

Comment

I'm working on an Arkillo page right now and then may be moving on to an Amon Sur page.

Comment

If people are still working on this there is one of the best explanations given for the emotional spectrum I have seen on the DC boards. From a guy names quaring

Re: Red Lanterns, Black Lanterns, Alpha lanterns, orange lanterns?
              Posted: Aug 9, 2008 1:17 PM in response to: batgray Reply

There exists within the DC Universe an emotional spectrum. A psychic energy field that is created by the motivational emotions of every living mind in the universe. I say "motivational emotions" because they're simply mental states that motivate people into taking action, but they're called emotions in order to keep it simple. Each "color" in the spectrum represents a specific emotion. Red = hatred, orange = averice/greed, yellow = fear, green = willpower, blue = hope, indigo = compassion and violet = love.

When the Guardians of the Universe were creating an intergalactic police force, in order to bring order to the cosmos, many billions of years ago, they chose to tap into the green portion of the emotional spectrum. They built a Central Power Battery to tap into and store the will power of the universe. And it is from this battery that the Green Lantern rings get their power from.

Green, as willpower, is in the center of the spectrum. It is entirely influenced by the mind, while the other colors are able to influence the mind right back. The further away from the center of the spectrum a color is the more influence it has over someone. By choosing green the Guardians gave their Green Lantern Corps a power source that won't taint them with emotion and they can use entirely for the pursuit of universal order.

Recently the rogue Green Lantern, and long time GL villain, Sinestro, created his own Lantern Corps. Their rings are powered by the yellow part of the spectrum. Each member of this corps was chosen because they had the ability to instil great fear in others, and fear is what their rings are powered by. Also, because yellow is just slightly further down the spectrum from green the yellow rings influenced the members of this corps, probably making them more agressive. The Sinestro corps and Green Lantern Corps recently fought a war, during which the Sinestro Corps lost, but was not entirely defeated. There are still members of the Sinestro Corps roaming around, but they're no longer organized together.

Recently other lantern corps have begun to tap into the other parts of the emotional spectrum. Each corps is being created for a different reason. Some are just seeking power, while others want revenge. Some want to do good and fight against a prophesy that foretells a great war between the various lantern corps.

And that's what the Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps series' are leading up to. A war of the lanterns.

I should also point out that because each ring is tapping into different emotions their power will be different. Anger will be a savage power that boils inside of and spews out of the Red Lanterns. Avarice will impell the Orange Lanterns to week out more power and to hoard all they manage to take. I don't know enough about the others to describe what they're like, but each corps will be given it's own particular theme and "personality".

As for the Alpha Lanterns, that you mentioned in the title, they're a part of the Green Lantern Corps. They are Green Lanterns that have been modified to police the Green Lantern Corps. Think of them as internal affairs of a police organization. They have the power to drain the rings of a Green Lantern and arrest them if they have broken the laws of the Green Lantern Corps.

And the Black Lanterns will show up some time in 2009, as part of the big Blackest Night event. They represent the black part of the emotional spectrum, which is no emotion, no life. They represent death. The Black Lantern rings will be granted to the dead, causing them to rise again and to try to spread the death across the cosmos and bring the Blackest Night to the universe, where no life will exist.

I hope that helps.

Any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                Thing is, for years now we have all used Dr. Mouse's Book of Oa. Which is a very thorough source of pre vol.4 info. I'm not sure if anyone else has the time or backissues handy to make anything that can rival that place.
                ye of little faith! Andrew has every god damn thing!
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I think near 1/2 of the pages are mine now, yes that is a challenge. I am mostly focused on the sectors and planets, waiting for someone to fill us in on all of the GLs.

Comment

I've added some stuff now - like the Death of Ch'p how could anyone leave that out?
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                      I've added some stuff now - like the Death of Ch'p how could anyone leave that out?
                      I only left it out because I was in a hurry to try and chronicle everything else
                      GLJIMT
                      Last edited by GLJIMT; 08-18-2008, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid Jacobs View Post
                        I only left it out because I was in a hurry to try and chronicle everything else
                        I also added Ch'ps other media apperance - Duck Dodgers!
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I'm going on vacation (aka lounging at home) in the next couple of weeks. I can do some research and add some pages.

Comment

We just hit 100 pages, we are 1/3 of the way to the batman wiki.

Comment

Were catching up to the Batman wiki in number of pages. Were near 200 pages total.

Comment

WHY IS THERE NOT A CYBORG SUPERMAN PAGE!?

Comment

Working...
                                X