No announcement yet.

Announcing GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah well I must have forgotten/missed that article. Well that makes sense. Still should be intriguing.
    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

• VAN SCIVER Brings THIRD ARMY To GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL

Comment

• Interview: Ethan Van Sciver Ushers in the Beginning of the End in 'Green Lantern Annual' #1

Comment

• MTV Geek: First off, that’s a pretty ominous looking cover. Do you see this issue as a beginning or ending?

Ethan Van Sciver: It's both! But it certainly does bring 50 years of Green Lantern stories to a conclusion of sorts. I cried. I'm crying now.
          I fail to see how anything Geoff Johns writes could POSSIBLY "bring 50 years of Green Lantern stories to a conclusion of sorts". How much of that 50 years of stories has he even left remotely intact at this point? You can't offer a conclusion to something you have been ignoring and/or contradicting for years. Say what you will about Geoff's GL (and I know I, personally, have enjoyed a lot of it) but it seems ludicrous to see it as any kind of culmination of what came before him on the title.

Comment

• :Moderator:

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I fail to see how anything Geoff Johns writes could POSSIBLY "bring 50 years of Green Lantern stories to a conclusion of sorts". How much of that 50 years of stories has he even left remotely intact at this point? You can't offer a conclusion to something you have been ignoring and/or contradicting for years. Say what you will about Geoff's GL (and I know I, personally, have enjoyed a lot of it) but it seems ludicrous to see it as any kind of culmination of what came before him on the title.
            Pretty easily, actually. A young Hal Jordan wakes up one morning after having a terrible dream where his dad dies in a plane crash, he get's some magic ring from an Alien and goes on adventures and shit. Then he goes to school.
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• The "Who Shot JR?" of GL?
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• That's the ONLY way it would work.

And it would suck.
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                X