Green Lanterns #15 Preview
    Writer: Sam Humphries
    Artists: Tom Derenick & Miguel Mendonca

0.00%
    100.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

And 15 episodes later, plus the 10+ Jessica was in with the JLA, she still doubts herself and the ring.

I've had enough. I'm ready to drop GL and just go with GLC.

Comment

I don't have an issue with her doubting herself. People I know that have anxiety have moments where they revert back to their anxiety after having moments of overcoming it. So I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
        And 15 episodes later, plus the 10+ Jessica was in with the JLA, she still doubts herself and the ring.

I've had enough. I'm ready to drop GL and just go with GLC.
        She was in her apartment for YEARS, you think an anxiety that bad is going away anytime soon? I actually wish it was more prominent in the issues before. Humphries seems to only use when there's nothing else for her to say.

Comment

Honestly, the constant referencing of her and Simon's names and that they're GLs is getting much more annoying to me.

It takes me out of the narrative because I stop think what I'm reading like this:

If the boxes are their thoughts (which is how they operate 95% of the time), they shouldn't use their names at all.

If they're the equivalent of a journal, than the name would probably only be used once (if at all).

Even if they're telling the issues as stories to someone, who would drop their name that much? Can you imagine listening to someone tell a story for an hour and every few minutes they name themselves? "I'm John Doe and I was in college ... I'm John Doe and my first job was ..."

Comment

I like that the anxiety issues are used as part of her personality to set her apart rather than some other identity trait, but it does get overdone I think.

Maybe if they showed it in the art (like that splash page, maybe) rather than the internal monologue that seems to be in every page and every panel.

It should still come up often since that's her deal, but to constantly remind people that have been reading for 16 issues is a bit much. Hopefully they can find a way to balance it, I like the book overall.

Comment

Working...
            X