Xbox One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
    Do they really? What's their invisible system look like?
    I for one never care about how a system looks. In this instance however it appears that sony is saying all the right things where as MS isn't, at least to me and my $$$. We will see June 10th whether or not sony puts their money where their mouth is.

Comment

And that's all well and good. I was just reffering more to calling something the ugliest one when we havent even seen them all yet or saying that one company owns the other when the race has barely even started.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I think he's basing it on the known information/features thus far. And to a degree he could be right, as of right now Sony can only go up. The backlash of the X-1 is huge, I've been following it all day and night (twitter, forums, etc.) and A LOT of gamers are not pleased with what they've heard so far. Granted we have a long way to go before the consoles are released. That first impression has left a bad taste in the mouths of many.
        "Chosen"
        NOT his black friend
        Last edited by "Chosen"; 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I feel like almost every annoucement of a new system is met with the same kind of vitriol and anger and then that subsides, some changes are made, then we see them again at E3 and people seem to calm down a bit more. Also so many gamers bitch about how much this all sucks but about half of them still go out and buy the system anyway. That's the thing that really pisses me off. Things like this will never change until people start speaking with their wallets but since no gamers will rally together to speak up about it and decide to "boycott" the system no change will come. It's like the people who bitch and moan that Lucas comes out with too may editions of Star Wars yet they are online to buy the 18th special edition of it. Stop complaining if you are part of the problem.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            you guys act like you have friends that:

a) you still go to their houses and play video games

b) dont already own the same games you have.
            I dont have (or intend to buy) Injustice, and I have only played it over @ Atrains house......moreover, I loaned his roommate *my copy* of L4D previous to that AND Ive brought over my copy of the newest Ghost Recon to his joint just to see wat the Kinect functionality was like, and to do the split-screen co-op.

and my nephew does the same thing w/his cousins.

so...........yea.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I feel like almost every annoucement of a new system is met with the same kind of vitriol and anger and then that subsides, some changes are made, then we see them again at E3 and people seem to calm down a bit more. Also so many gamers bitch about how much this all sucks but about half of them still go out and buy the system anyway. That's the thing that really pisses me off. Things like this will never change until people start speaking with their wallets but since no gamers will rally together to speak up about it and decide to "boycott" the system no change will come. It's like the people who bitch and moan that Lucas comes out with too may editions of Star Wars yet they are online to buy the 18th special edition of it. Stop complaining if you are part of the problem.
              This post made me feel good about myself for not buying stuff that did stuff I didn't like. (My only copy of Star Wars was on VHS until I recently recieved the DVDs as a gift.)

Then I remembered that I tend to buy certain comics even when I dislike the direction they are currently going. And that I own pretty much every Star Trek novel ever, despite some real clunkers in there.

Ah well, my fleeting feeling of superiority was fun while it lasted.

Comment

I do agree with Atrain to an extent. However, I'm not someone that becomes emotionally attached to pieces of electronic equipment. I will only own the system that impresses me enough to buy it, and that's it. I'm not a Sony fanboy, Xbox fanboy, or Nintendo fanboy. Attaching yourself to these things is just kind of silly in my opinion. And allows your investments to be hurt in the process.

Now, when it comes to comics and other art related materials, that's different in my opinion. Coming back to a comic book even though you hate it is attaching yourself to a character or story that you enjoy. It isn't a piece of equipment. Though I will say I've never read a comic book series that disappointed me 2 or 3 issues in a row, and kept me buying it. Which is sad that Deadpool and Green Lantern aren't books I'm buying at the moment, even thought they're the characters I heart the most.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                  Yo.

I dont have (or intend to buy) Injustice, and I have only played it over @ Atrains house......moreover, I loaned his roommate *my copy* of L4D previous to that AND Ive brought over my copy of the newest Ghost Recon to his joint just to see wat the Kinect functionality was like, and to do the split-screen co-op.

and my nephew does the same thing w/his cousins.

so...........yea.

Tazer

there we go tazer that is the spirit you or someone else wants to try a feature that the other person has and you don't want to spend the cash go to them much easier to have people come over and try things then waste breath and energy bitching about it

Comment

I actually think MS will get away with this. If Sony aren't already doing the same, they soon will be.

It might also explain why their aint shit coming on the Wii U. As what would be the point if you could still get the same games without all this pre-owned bs.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                    I do agree with Atrain to an extent. However, I'm not someone that becomes emotionally attached to pieces of electronic equipment. I will only own the system that impresses me enough to buy it, and that's it. I'm not a Sony fanboy, Xbox fanboy, or Nintendo fanboy. Attaching yourself to these things is just kind of silly in my opinion. And allows your investments to be hurt in the process.
                    However you see this everywhere. People who will buy an iphone over an android, MAC over a PC etc and vice versa. It's brand loyalty, it might be silly I agree, but it happens. The fanboys are being put to the test at the moment, just how much can these companies get away with before you say no. Or is most of the world just dumb sheep? We shall see when this all plays out.
                    Frank Castle
                    Alpha-Lantern
                    Last edited by Frank Castle; 05-22-2013, 05:42 PM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

i think your right frank. sony and ms couldn't get away with what they are aiming to due here unless the dev's were in agreement with them as they would just take their games to the other console

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                        However you see this everywhere. People who will buy an iphone over an android, MAC over a PC etc and vice versa. It's brand loyalty, it might be silly I agree, but it happens. The fanboys are being put to the test at the moment, just how much can these companies get away with before you say no. Or is most of the world just dumb sheep? We shall see when this all plays out.
                        Right, which is silly because it hamstrings you from making the smartest investment. If Samsung and Apple come out with the next generation of phone at the same time, and it's just completely to obvious to everyone that the Samsung phone is better. Even the spirit of Steve Jobs resurrects and tells everyone "The Samsung phone is better". The people who would buy the iPhone anyway are just being silly.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by havik View Post
                          there we go tazer that is the spirit you or someone else wants to try a feature that the other person has and you don't want to spend the cash go to them much easier to have people come over and try things then waste breath and energy bitching about it
                          yea....except U seem to ignore the parts where I BROUGHT THE GAME OVER, and that sense of sharing will now have been nullified according to M$'s technological manuverings.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

The whole one game one system is really the only thing I have any major issue with so far. I'm all for just about everything else.

Comment

The whole one game one system is really the only thing I have any major issue with so far. I'm all for just about everything else.
                              Well, I would be bugged by the Kinect required aspect, if it turns out that it really WILL be used to glean info about who is doing what, and saying what about it, etc. with all the products and services integrated through the console, and then sell that info to advertisers and/or use it to tailor ads to you specifically. If that's just conspiracy paranoia, then never mind (though the chances that I would ever get this console are just about nil, regardless).

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                                Yo.

yea....except U seem to ignore the parts where I BROUGHT THE GAME OVER, and that sense of sharing will now have been nullified according to M$'s technological manuverings.

Tazer
                                but u got off your butt and found a solution was my point instead of going all woe is me

Comment

Working...
                                X