Hey newbie needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey newbie needs help!

Hey there! I'm new here (obviously) and am excited to join the community. I am also new to green lantern. I picked up three books at half priced books last week, Sinestro Corps war, Rage of the red lanterns, and war of the green lanterns. I read the first two and loved them. My question is after I read war of the green lanterns what should I do? Start at rebirth and read Geoff Johns run, or should I read a different run? any reply would be great! And Sorry for the long post!

One of us! One of us!
    Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

There are lists on this site like this one to let you know what's available. Rebirth and on would give you a handle of Johns' run. Most people here are fans of that run up to or through Blackest Night.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply! I read this list before, I was just curious what the people here thought was the best jumping on point haha Also do you think I should go ahead and read war of the green lanterns or wait and get caught up?

Comment

Originally posted by JimBobCooter View Post
        Hey thanks for the reply! I read this list before, I was just curious what the people here thought was the best jumping on point haha Also do you think I should go ahead and read war of the green lanterns or wait and get caught up?
        Welcome to the boards!

I would suggest starting at Volume 4 (Rebirth) and then reading till you lose interest, otherwise go ahead and read War of the Green Lanterns and jump on Volume 5 I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBobCooter View Post
          Hey there! I'm new here (obviously) and am excited to join the community. I am also new to green lantern. I picked up three books at half priced books last week, Sinestro Corps war, Rage of the red lanterns, and war of the green lanterns. I read the first two and loved them. My question is after I read war of the green lanterns what should I do? Start at rebirth and read Geoff Johns run, or should I read a different run? any reply would be great! And Sorry for the long post!
          Rebirth, definitely. Read the rest of the Johns run when HPB takes in the trades at a price you can afford.

For reading material only on older issues (like Volume 2), the Showcase Presents volumes aren't bad, but they're in black and white. Comixology has most of Volume 2 and a lot of Volume 3 on line, and they occasionally have free or near-free events.

If your HPB is like my HPB, there are lots of single issues available. Fill those in for the New 52, and you'll be up to speed with the rest of us.

Welcome, welcome to our world. Verdant greetings.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Like the others said, get to War of the GLs when you get to it. You'd probably like the other stuff more and War will make more sense if you've read the rest of vol. 4.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Already jealous of the name.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Thanks everybody, I will get rebirth fro amazon and start from there, also I picked up Green lantern: fear itself today

Comment

Welcome and good luck.

Comment

GOOD WELCOME, JIMBOBCOOTER!!!!

Comment

Yo.

if U want to read about Green Lantern, and not just about Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner, then Id recommend these: example 1 and example 2, and then goto yur LCS and try to find any copies of Green Lantern Corps Quarterly U can find.

*those* will give U some excellent examples of wat good GL-stories were all about, and U'll be glad ya did.

yur welcome, and enjoy the site.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                          X