No announcement yet.

Action Figure Regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I have retrospect regret now. I bought a great deal of Toy Biz figures back in the day, which was cool for its time, but now that stuff is obsolete. With new figure lines like Marvel Legends and DC Icons making improved products with greater articulation and cool accessories, those old, stiff, brickish figures look like crap and don't even come close to measuring up... and for the most part, you can't even give them away online.

Most of my old Toy Biz figures just sit in a box in storage, never to see the light of day again.

Comment

Eh I'm not really a collector, I take mostly everything out of the box and play with it. Selling them is never really a consideration for me unless I get desperate for cash. I actually regret selling all my old TMNT figures to a friend. There were some really cool looking figures in that lot, I should have at least kept Muckman .
      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Star wars for me. I collected for years and sold the collection for less than it was worth in 2014. I still have some green lantern figures in there packages still im keeping. The only new stuff really is neca's turtles in time, 8- bit game and horror lines. I have no desire to collect anything else but what i labelled. Even if i wanted to there animated tmnt line is impossible to find in stores. Im only sticking with neca
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I reworked my entire comic room this summer and got rid of SO many toys and merch. It was SO therapeutic! Any Marvel stuff went. A lot of Green Lantern stuff went too. All the things I just bought to pad out my collection without really stopping to think if I'd enjoy it.I bought new bookcases for my room so 3 walls are lined with matching bookcases and the 4th wall has all my long boxes against it, which is now the only dead ugly space I have to deal with. It's made me feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my nerd shoulders. I've mostly only bought old vintage toys all year and only plan on buying new things if I REALLY want them, AND can display it.

Comment

Here's a figure regret. The Dark Horse Game of Thrones figurines. I bought every one and they stopped the line without finishing major characters like Theon or Robert Barratheon. I was so pissed off at the end of the show I got rid of all of them except for Jon Snow. And I've scaled it back from a GOT/ASOIAF bookcase to a few shelves of ASOIAF, which is really all that matters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              Here's a figure regret. The Dark Horse Game of Thrones figurines. I bought every one and they stopped the line without finishing major characters like Theon or Robert Barratheon. I was so pissed off at the end of the show I got rid of all of them except for Jon Snow. And I've scaled it back from a GOT/ASOIAF bookcase to a few shelves of ASOIAF, which is really all that matters to me.
              I wouldnt call it the best ending but it wasnt horrible either. The soprano's however is another story

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                Star wars for me. I collected for years and sold the collection for less than it was worth in 2014. I still have some green lantern figures in there packages still im keeping. The only new stuff really is neca's turtles in time, 8- bit game and horror lines. I have no desire to collect anything else but what i labelled. Even if i wanted to there animated tmnt line is impossible to find in stores. Im only sticking with neca
                The Star Wars Black Series and the new ESB 40th anniversary 6" series have made me long to collect Star Wars again. I can't do it since I have an entire room devoted to Green Lantern, and it's bleeding merch in every corner, but those new SW figs are just gorgeous.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                  The Star Wars Black Series and the new ESB 40th anniversary 6" series have made me long to collect Star Wars again. I can't do it since I have an entire room devoted to Green Lantern, and it's bleeding merch in every corner, but those new SW figs are just gorgeous.
                  For me star wars figures are like throwing my money into a collecting hole. Its so oversatcherated. As much as neca is impossible to find at my target or walmart they dont oversatcherate there products where stuff is on clearence or peg warmers. Im just done with star wars. I just read gamestop has a black series exclusive of darth nihlus coming. Gamestop is on the verge of going out of buisness. Not saying i can do better but why give a troubled company a figures exclusive?

Comment

Im so glad i never got into marvel legends. Just like star wars over sacheration. I also heard in april or may theres going to be a price increase to 30. Not sure if thats TRUE but for 30 bucks hasbro better go all in on accessories like neca's ultimate line

Comment

Working...
                    X