Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports are starting to come in on the Shadowtek Green Lantern (and Hawkman) showing up at Walmarts. I don't know about yours, but my local Wal-marts look like they were hit by tornados! Nothing left! I think Target may be a better place to find them once the holiday is over, give it a few days. I will alert anyone when I see them here in Atlanta. I can't wait to get him!
    Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

i'm going to check both target and walmart today

Comment

Whoo Hoo! Score! I found Hal (and Hawkman) at Wal-mart today!!! It was in the Star Wars section. A lone peg of ShadowTek Batman figs, and Hal was on the front! I couldn't believe it! Especially since I had very low expectations as my Wal-Mart looks like a twister went thru it. I must check the other Targets and Wal-marts now....

Go out and start looking guys, they are here!
        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
          Whoo Hoo! Score! I found Hal (and Hawkman) at Wal-mart today!!! It was in the Star Wars section. A lone peg of ShadowTek Batman figs, and Hal was on the front! I couldn't believe it! Especially since I had very low expectations as my Wal-Mart looks like a twister went thru it. I must check the other Targets and Wal-marts now....

well if you see anymore - three of us are looking - hook us up!

BTW DCD Justice John Stewart is due out in January
          GLJIMT
          Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-27-2007, 03:56 AM.
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post

This is good news since atlanta Ga has them this means they will be coming to florida too
            Superlantern
            mmmm Beer!
            Last edited by Superlantern; 12-27-2007, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Just got back from a trip to Wal*Mart. Found one Shadowtek GL. If Northampton MA has em, the other Wal Marts around here should. If I see anymore I'll pick em up for board members.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlant78 View Post
                Just got back from a trip to Wal*Mart. Found one Shadowtek GL. If Northampton MA has em, the other Wal Marts around here should. If I see anymore I'll pick em up for board members.
                Damn, I went to two Walmarts and a Target and have nothing to show for it - My Walmart was completely empty in the Action Figure aisle except for Power Rangers.
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Hmm. If they are showing up in MA, maybe they're in NH as well. I'll have to run up to the 24 hr Walmart in Salem this weekend. Possibly Saturday night at midnight. Best time to shop, no ones there.

Comment

Hey Jack, let me know if they have extra, I'm going to check Walmart in Tewksbury and North Reading tomorrow after work.

Comment

No luck in MD... yet.

Well guys, last night involved a lot of fruitless searching. Yesterday, I hit 1 Toys "Я" Us, 2 different Target stores and 5 different Wal*Mart locations in my area. And while I found evidence that the wave has hit retail in my area (a few of the Wal*Mart locations had the Batman and/or the Joker from this wave, and one even had that godawful reissued Mr. Freeze from the show,) there were NO Hal Jordans or Hawkmen to be had. This was the absolute WORST possible week for Mattel and Wal*Mart to release these figures at retail!

Between the hordes of last-minute Christmas shoppers Christmas Eve, the deal-seekers on the 26th for the After Christmas Sale, people looking to use Wal*Mart Gift Cards they'd received for the holidays, all the other collectors in the area, AND the scalpers, I didn't stand a snowball's chance in Tahiti of finding the figure at retail yesterday!

But that's okay. I've just received a hot tip on where to check, and it's a chain I was going to check anyway, because they sometimes carry the good action figures, and not a lot of people know to check there: The Walgreens drug store chain.

Sadly, I didn't know last night that they'd already started receiving these figures. I drove right by 2 Walgreens last night, and I would've stopped in if I'd known they were already receiving these figures.

But that's okay, I'll swing by one or even both this afternoon after I get off of work.

I'm also going to check a particular "ghetto" Toys "Я" Us store that collectors in the area usually ignore. This summer, when the Transformers movie was selling tons of toys, and store pegs were BARE where the movie 'formers were supposed to be, this particular TRU had dozens of pegs FULL of figures, because people must've forgotten it's there. So if I'm very, very lucky, maybe I'll find Hal there. *crosses fingers*

--Dan (Who can't STAND what the producers of The Batman did to Mr. Freeze! He doesn't even have a MOUTH, fer cryin' out loud!)
                      Jack T. Chance
                      Really knows where his towel is!
                      Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Fossil Green Lantern Watch

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                        there was a fossil Gl watch I saw a year or so back just the classic logo. I wish i could have afforded it
                        Just found where you can get one of these, PM sent.

Comment

thanks for the info on that I will see if the GF will allow it
                          Superlantern
                          mmmm Beer!
                          Last edited by Superlantern; 12-28-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

no Gl at 3 of 4 of my normal walmarts i went to one walgreens already today one last night got nothing hit a target and still no luck I'm about to go back out and hit one more walmart.

I came close one out of the three had the new line on the shelves, I'm on my way to lcs for GL 26 and will hit walgreens on the way
                            Superlantern
                            mmmm Beer!
                            Last edited by Superlantern; 12-28-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Damn I completely forgot about Walgreens - Also I have seen The Batman figures at Drug Marts here in Ohio I need to check there

My wife is checking the Walmart by her parents right now I told her to pick up all of them if they have any she said "What if theres 10" I said buy all ten of them
                              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Just got back from 1 Walmart and absolutely nothing. Now I know what some of you guys were talking about the post Christmas disaster. I didn't know about Walgreens, I have two in the area, I'll check tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X