No announcement yet.

Sideshow 1/6 DC figure line (SDCC 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

It looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures BBL.

Comment

Before I even read BBL's comment I was thinking "that would've been a good look for then movie." BTW: nice crotch shot there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          It looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures BBL.
          I'll have some more specifics coming later.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Before I even read BBL's comment I was thinking "that would've been a good look for then movie." BTW: nice crotch shot there.
          I know it's a funny shot, but it's not without purpose. One of the main criticisms that I've seen online is that the suit is so tight that it makes the figure is tough to pose. The hips are probably the worst because that's as far as I could spread them. I initially thought it was just my figure, but I've seen that its the norm.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Some more observations about this figure and its accessories--

Positives:

The material reflects dots of light, giving the costume a very vibrant appearance.

The boots are very sturdy and have a sleek appearance similar to the mask. One common complaint about 1/6 and 1/4 figures is that the ankles sometimes buckle after they've been standing or posed for awhile. This makes them difficult to display and can even lead to breaking. I really don't think that will be the case for this figure.

The ring hands each have a crisply-painted, raised ring. Of course, this is an essential part of any good Lantern figure, but we all know that some GL figures over the years have had less than satisfactory representations of the ring. That's not the case here. I wish my camera took high def photos to give you a better idea of what I mean.

The power battery outclasses the DC Direct 1/6 batteries in every way. The paint shines, the handle is secured well into its sockets, and it lights up when the GL logo on the top is tapped. That's an innovative alternative to buttons and levers. Changing the batteries is quite easy as well. You simply twist the bottom portion of the accessory, it pops off, and the batteries slide out.

Negatives:

The stand is only mediocre in appearance and it has very little functionality. It's possible to get the figure in a hovering/floating pose by placing the waist-clinching wire around the figure, but it will leave indentations in the costume. I'm guessing if you left the wire around the waist for an extended period of time, the indentations will become permanent.
            As you can see, I put one leg inside the wire, but I wouldn't suggest leaving the figure in this position for a long time, either.

The articulation on this figure is subpar for a premium product. As I mentioned before, the legs are hindered by the costume. The hips can barely move outward or forward. It bends at the knees, but the tightness of the costume might lead to damage over time. The head also can't be moved upward too far (it does move easily side-to-side), so it's not possible to get Hal into a great flying pose.

Comment

Here are some close ups of the ring (actually there are several alternate hands with a ring) and the logo on the battery.

Comment

I find your nice figure and I congratulate you on this purchase. May I much prefer my old DC Direct action figure 1/6 Hal, Sinestro and especially the good old alan scott with their appearance more "comics" for my taste ...

Comment

Here we have the Sideshow 1/6 figure in comparison to other 1/6 Hals. You'll also notice the power batter comparison to the DC Direct 13" figure and a sculpt comparison with the life-sized Sideshow bust.

Big Blue Lantern
                  Corps Honor Guard
                  Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 07-03-2016, 05:10 AM.

Comment

By the Guardians, I couldn't help myself... my Local Comic Shop had a July 4th Sale offering 20% off on any toy, statue, or board game, INCLUDING SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES ITEMS! Since it's almost impossible to get anything more than a 10% discount on Sideshow figures (FYI Sideshow, Price Fixing is still ILLEGAL! ) I couldn't stop myself.... so, I've now bought their GL figure.

And taking another look at that Flash figure, the costume looks fantastic! THAT'S what the Flash's costume should look like in the Justice League movie, not that stupid powered armor crap shown in the concept art! And to add insult to injury, the actual movie costume doesn't even have the right logo on it!

Comment

And thanks to some excellent eBay timing on my part, I managed to snag the Sideshow Exclusive "Right Fist with Ring Power-Up" to add to my Sixth Scale GL Figure!

Comment

Working...
                      X