Terminator: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
    Who woulda thunk that Terminator would become more convoluted and fractured than Highlander?
    It actually is, when you think about it. 2 different trilogy starters that haven't gone anywhere, a sixth movie that ignores everything but the first two movies, a TV show that also ignores everything but the first two movies but is, in turn, ignored by the fourth, fifth, and sixth movies.

Weird. It didn't need to be like this.

Comment

I just watched the original Terminator with my son this morning. So damn good! We are going to watch T2 tomorrow. For me the franchise ends there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        I just watched the original Terminator with my son this morning. So damn good! We are going to watch T2 tomorrow. For me the franchise ends there.
        I just (re)watched all 5 with my daughter 2 weekends ago. She loved them, especially T2. The "Pet Terminator" thing in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          I just (re)watched all 5 with my daughter 2 weekends ago. She loved them, especially T2. The "Pet Terminator" thing in particular.
          Oh man, T2 is the sh*t. It still holds up so well almost 30 years later. Not only holds up, but puts modern action movies to shame.

Comment

So... it's pretty well confirmed now thatJohn Connor -- as a kid -- dies in the opening 5 minutes of the movie. Just like that.

So it's all beginning to paint an unpleasant picture of the movie. All of the "strong women/weak men" stuff, them literally killing the "white savior" right out of the gate, and the evil Terminator going into Border Patrol and murdering bunches of Border Patrol agents... yeah. It isn't even trying to be subtle.
            gee i wonder who could of seen that coming...................

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            this movie is starting to look like it's one of those "woke" movies that's only made to try and make me feel bad for who i voted for in 2016 but here's the thing i don't feel bad for who i voted for and come 2020 i'll do it again
            oh wait it was me

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I hated T5. I came very close to walking out of the theater and that was the only time I have seen it. I never bought it, making it the only hole in my Terminator dvd/bluray collection. Usually when I dislike a movie from a pet fave franchise of mine I am at least in shock or like a deer staring in the headlights, then I decide after thinking about it that I didnt enjoy it. T5 was irritating me through most of the movie.

Comment

Back to T6, I have little use or patience for this new mantra of "men/white men suck" and "celebrate girl power or you are a misogynist" that's going on in movies the last few years. The girl playing the new John Connor in T6 looks like Selena Gomez or any other generic Disney channel kid. I just can't take her seriously. I tuned out the second that press photo of her, elderly Sarah and the trannynator was released.

Comment

I hated T5. I came very close to walking out of the theater and that was the only time I have seen it. I never bought it, making it the only hole in my Terminator dvd/bluray collection. Usually when I dislike a movie from a pet fave franchise of mine I am at least in shock or like a deer staring in the headlights, then I decide after thinking about it that I didnt enjoy it. T5 was irritating me through most of the movie.
                  I don't think it's great, but there are definitely a bunch of things I like in Genisys. I like the whole scene redoing the Griffiths Observatory kills. I like old Arnie Terminator in general (not every joke landed) and I love who time displaced Sarah is baffled by average citizen willingly giving up so much of their lives to technology. The idea that machine armageddon would be something we willingly choose is powerful to me. That's enough for it to have been worth a purchase for me.

Comment

I liked the beginning where they redo Sarah's first meeting with Kyle Reese, and it' obvious they are pulling a Kelvin timeline instead of ignoring the previous 4 movies. They all happened, but more happened offscreen that changed the timeline yet again. I liked that this T800 had been a father figure to Sarah for most of her life.

That was about it though. It all went downhill for me after that.

Comment

I liked the beginning where they redo Sarah's first meeting with Kyle Reese, and it' obvious they are pulling a Kelvin timeline instead of ignoring the previous 4 movies.
                      It seemed like a strange choice to me. I get the revisiting events from the classic movies... but did they think fans of T1 and T2 would really like to see those events getting wiped out? Because that's what they did.

Comment

Wiped out...but with a snazzy new coat of paint!

Comment

Well, technically the events of T2 altered the background of Terminator. T3 reveals that they only delayed, not prevented Judgment Day, but still, the events that triggered the first film were already altered by the end of T2.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Well, technically the events of T2 altered the background of Terminator. T3 reveals that they only delayed, not prevented Judgment Day, but still, the events that triggered the first film were already altered by the end of T2.
                            But the Sarah Connor in T2 is still the same Sarah Connor from T1. The Sarah Connor in T5 wipes out the existence of the T1 & T2 Sarah... she can't exist anymore in that timeline.

Comment

But the Sarah Connor in T2 is still the same Sarah Connor from T1. The Sarah Connor in T5 wipes out the existence of the T1 & T2 Sarah... she can't exist anymore in that timeline.
                              Oh, yeah, it was the biggest retcon; I'm just saying the series has always included manipulating time. But I guess I don't have a real point. It's not like I'm arguing it's better than (or even equal to) T2.

Comment

i for one liked Terminator: Genisys and would've loved if they were going back to it someday, their/there/they're was more to the story then what we got

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                                X