Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 08-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #51
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I like Jessica so I have no problem with her sticking around [I just wish it wasn't at Guy's or Kyle's expense]
And that's the problem. Is Young Justice only for new fans? Is Teen Titans only for new fans? Because that's the age demographic the rulers of DCU appear to be aiming for.

Is Superman ever going to retire? No. Is Wonder Woman? Not while her movies with Gal Gadot are blockbusters. Batman? They've tried, multiple times, to retire Batman, and it's never worked. So what makes Green Lantern teeter on the edge of the garbage can by the editors of DCU?

Sales.

Green Lantern comes in below #10 (or even #28) on a weekly basis. The fans have a love/hate relationship, no, a love/apathy relationship with Green Lantern. The stories are hard to write. The graphics use more green ink than the United States Mint on a year-over-year basis. Transferring to CGI was the bomb of 2011, because it's still difficult to do free-form raytracing for all those constructs in a movie with actors and actresses. So live-action blockbusters fueling the DCU skyscraper in New York City is not going to happen with Green Lantern.

So with Green Lantern limited to animated comic (or anime?) style production, the best we'll see are the animated movies of First Flight or the daily/weekly TV episodes of DC Super Hero Girls. That's lunch money at the DCU skyscraper, not rent money.

Does Geoff Johns care about GL? In my opinion, only if he can bring "rent money" to the DCU skyscraper. He's not interested in anything less, because of his cut of the proceeds.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #52
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Some people think it's a matter of "the more the merrier," but that's nonsense. DC has only about a dozen monthlies that it can reliably sell, yet it keeps bringing in replacement characters, legacy characters and new Earth Lanterns, so someone like Johns can make royalties off them.

That's just stupid.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-29-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:32 AM   #53
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I like Jessica so I have no problem with her sticking around [I just wish it wasn't at Guy's or Kyle's expense] Her background of having anxiety and overcoming it makes her relatable. So I'm not surprised at the premium merchandise [plus I'm sure alot of adults watch Dc Girls. I mean Bronys for God sake]
Likewise, I wish Kyle had the spot that she's currently occupying. However, given that GL's non-print appearances have been so sparse over the last decade, I'm just glad than ANY Lantern is getting the spotlight.

DC Super Hero Girls is indeed a fun show. I watch it with my youngest daughter, but I'd watch it regardless. Jess is very different on that show, as is Hal Jordan, but it's a nice entry point to the DC Universe for young kids. Animation is important in making new readers. How often do you hear that comic book readers were first hooked by seeing a cartoon when he/she was young? I'd say that's a significant portion of comic book fans.

With the news that DC will reduce their number of ongoings, I kind of expect either a GLC solo book or the next title to focus on a pair of Lanterns. John will probably stay in the JL title. Could Hal and Jessica be paired up? That could work. Where does that leave Guy, Kyle, and Simon? Unfortunately, I don't know. However, I do expect Jo Mullein to find her way into something like Teen Titans or another young character-centric book.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Fisher now saying that the DC Films president called him and told him it was OK for him to throw Joss Whedon under the bus... but not Geoff Johns!

Jeeze, how in the hell does Johns have so much sway over so many powerful people? What does he have over them?

https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...e-geoff-johns/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:50 AM   #55
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Fisher now saying that the DC Films president called him and told him it was OK for him to throw Joss Whedon under the bus... but not Geoff Johns!

Jeeze, how in the hell does Johns have so much sway over so many powerful people? What does he have over them?

Regarding weadon i think its really fucked up he fired someone for being pregnant. I guess his history gos back to the buffy tv series days. I Would assume thats illegal. Not sure how that works in the movie industry but any real job would get sued . I also read his ex wife stated hes a fake feminist but than again she wrote a book so who knows if thats TRUE. As for fisher imo and just my opinion if the reports of racism are true why wait till now to report it. Right now john boyega is saying Disney was racist and gave good parts to white actors yet the guy is in star wars has a shit ton of merchandise of his likeness and i dont see him refusing any of the merchandise royalties or leave Disney. Its political lets call it for what it is . Funny how all this came out after all these riots with blm and the myth of systematic racism. Or the me to movement and how women are treated less equal than men despite women having more privilege than men. Sorry for my rant but i get really pissed off about how rich minority celebreties bitch and complain about not being treated right but make millions at the same time . Same with women . Its dangerous just to be a guy now despite race. One accusation and your done

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-06-2020 at 05:02 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:55 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Regarding weadon i think its really fucked up he fired someone for being pregnant.
I'm not sure I 100% believe that, but it's possible. So far it's just hearsay.

Quote:
I guess his history gos back to the buffy tv series days. I Would assume thats illegal. Not sure how that works in the movie industry but any real job would get sued . I also read his ex wife stated hes a fake feminist but than again she wrote a book so who knows if thats TRUE
That I do believe. Do as I say, not as I do, etc..

I used to really like Whedon and look up to him until I started seeing his Tweets. But I'll still rewatch Buffy and all that, it doesn't take away from the work.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:06 AM   #57
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I'm not sure I 100% believe that, but it's possible. So far it's just hearsay.

That I do believe. Do as I say, not as I do, etc..

I used to really like Whedon and look up to him until I started seeing his Tweets. But I'll still rewatch Buffy and all that, it doesn't take away from the work.
Didnt weadon also write a wonder woman movie script that leaked and came off as a really weird fantasy?

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 09-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #58
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Didnt weadon also write a wonder woman movie script that leaked and came off as a really weird fantasy?
Not sure about the fantasy stuff, but I remember implicitly reading that it was strictly a period piece WW2 thing and WB wasn't having that. But that was just his words... the reality may have been very different.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #59
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I think I've heard enough of this Fisher guy that played Cyborg being a whiny bitch. My lord what an annoying crybaby. Every work place has one, this guy is it for this movie. What a cancer to have on set, I'd want to be rid of him too if I were the producers.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #60
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I think I've heard enough of this Fisher guy that played Cyborg being a whiny bitch. My lord what an annoying crybaby. Every work place has one, this guy is it for this movie. What a cancer to have on set, I'd want to be rid of him too if I were the producers.
Not as bad as john boyega and disney. Fans should buy him some powder to powder his privileged pussy and give him a pacifier

Old 09-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #61
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Not sure about the fantasy stuff, but I remember implicitly reading that it was strictly a period piece WW2 thing and WB wasn't having that. But that was just his words... the reality may have been very different.
I feel like dc is in massive trouble i say that because of the dc fandom thing they had last month. Theres a youtuber named young rippa59 you should look up because he gos into great detail of how he a black man dislikes the pc woke changes under jim lee where everything has to be included from batman to being black in 2021 through the multi verse bs to gender swapping. Everyone should look him up give him a listen. I thought dc fandom was one giant anti white agenda based on the crap they had like super hero women of color block and believe me i watched the entire 5 hours. It was filler and grueling. Could you imagine if this event did a entire block of super hero's of white people only? People would call it racist or go dc is white Washing. I recently got into a huge fight with some family members because i see them post white privilege is real just because and they feel guilty. So i said we had no choice of what are skin tone is after we are born. Same for any other race we are who we are we shouldnt feel guilty or hate ourselves. I hate dispise and sick of this race agenda in the united states. Dont like it here leave go move to iran china north korea see how your treated there. Its worse people dont realize even they it may not seem like it but they have things other people dont like a roof over there head and the other person is in the streets homeless dumpster diving for a meal. As you can tell by my tazz rambling i feel really strongly about this

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-06-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:18 AM   #62
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:

I don't know what to think about this whole situation, but it's frustrating that the DCEU has had so much controversy attached to it over the years. It will be interesting to hear what Cavill, Momoa, Gadot, and Affleck have to say about this when their non-disclosure agreements end and one or all of them share details about the film's production.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:36 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Most NDAs never end.

Also, Ray Fisher released a video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I guess Geoff Johns was hitting him up, "gloating" about there being a new actor as Cyborg in a show he produced.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:39 PM   #64
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Most NDAs never end.

Also, Ray Fisher released a video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I guess Geoff Johns was hitting him up, "gloating" about there being a new actor as Cyborg in a show he produced.
He should just leave if he hates it there so much. Nobody can force you to stay at a job. Imo fisher is being political. I wish i can be a millionaire where my likeness is used for merchandise and play the im not treated fairly card. Apparently hes demanding changes to the flash movie script like hes got some pull. Hes no denzel Washington sam Jackson rdj or marlon brando to demand anything. Hes a Broadway star who got a small taste of Hollywood and developed a ego. His vagina really needs to be powdered. I also tweeted him saying what i said here

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-08-2020 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #65
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
He should just leave if he hates it there so much. Nobody can force you to stay at a job. Imo fisher is being political. I wish i can be a millionaire where my likeness is used for merchandise and play the im not treated fairly card. Apparently hes demanding changes to the flash movie script like hes got some pull. Hes no denzel Washington sam Jackson rdj or marlon brando to demand anything. Hes a Broadway star who got a small taste of Hollywood and developed a ego. His vagina really needs to be powdered. I also tweeted him saying what i said here
I believe that you're jumping the gun here, much in the same way that the #IstandwithRayFisher Twitter users are. We know next to nothing about what happened. Fisher is using his rights to file a grievance in the same way that just about any organization with legal, full-time employees allows their employees to do. If this was a case of strong personalities clashing, then let that come out. If there was unprofessional conduct by one or more people, that should be dealt with as it would be with any other work environment.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #66
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
I believe that you're jumping the gun here, much in the same way that the #IstandwithRayFisher Twitter users are. We know next to nothing about what happened. Fisher is using his rights to file a grievance in the same way that just about any organization with legal, full-time employees allows their employees to do. If this was a case of strong personalities clashing, then let that come out. If there was unprofessional conduct by one or more people, that should be dealt with as it would be with any other work environment.
why wait till now after the country was on fire? Why didnt he say anything during production? If he was treated so badly why did he choose to stay and shoot the film? I dont care about contracts or money a movie studio or any job for that matter dosent own a person you can leave anytime. Geoff Johns said himself cyborg can always be replaced yet fisher is fighting to still be cyborg despite saying the very company is racist. Wich is it are they or aren't they? Hes talking from both sides of his mouth. Jonn boyega is pulling the same crap with Disney and star wars yet you hear nothing from billy dee Williams confirming the shit boyega is saying of the good parts are only given to the white actors. Guys like ray fisher and Jonn boyega are c list actors who got a chance to be in two huge frachises wich can do a billion dollars at the box office. Theres also white talent who aren't given bigger roles hell some get overlooked so should they say its racism or is it possible there just bad actors? Id rather be labeled a bad actor instead of chosen for a role to please a pc woke generation. I find that more insulting. Its saying here guy your going to star in this because we need a random white male character and we dont care about you going to acting school for many years all the hard work and loans you took out are meaningless. Life isnt fare its depressing miserable and will beat you down and yea others may have it better than others and maybe just maybe some things aren't just meant to be? Im white what advantage have i ever gotten in life just on my skin tone? Currently im unemployed for both covid and being a target as a male the job i did was assistant living learning dietary as a dishwasher. Our director of dining service had no degree in culinary she got it because shes militant black.I want to be very specific with how i say that We had two chefs in the kitchen in there 60's who busted there asses one black the other white and they both got passed over. Im sorry i believe if you have said degree you should be considered . I as a white male was targeted because i refused to date anyone from work and there was a nurse whos older and Jamaican that was into me. Like i said i try not to date coworkers and im the asshole because i fell for another nurse whos 24 and white long story short we never got a chance to date and the Jamaican who is mid 40s was jelouse of a 24 year old. Talk about highschool bs. Ive had things thrown at me one being a dish cart by the cunt my reputation was tarnished by other nurses who are friends with this nutcase who weren't even involved in any of this but since they were black they had to stick together and it was a battle that i as a man could not win if the roles were reversed id be labeled a racist woman beater in cuffs with my face on the news tried and locked up wile the company gets sued out the ass. I loved that job and i woud go in 6 hours early before each shift to volunteer my time with the residents i did it not just for them but also to help me get better at social interactions with people and it helped . Ever since i quit in April i been in a massive depression and im falling back to hating all people equally. Go to any job show me one anti discrimination law for white people and men compared to non white non gay men and women. You dont see it because it dosent exist. With everything going on in the usa about race and gender tentions are all races and gender or sex protected as people like to peddle around or do only certain races gender and sex qualify? Im not trying to derail or get political but when it comes to equal oppertunity everything should be addressed under it even if it makes people uncomfortable. It seems like today in order to get ahead you have to be gay non white or non male. People may find what im saying offensive racist sexist gender/ homophobic but prove me wrong with everything i just said. Show me 1 law in the united states proving me wrong

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-08-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #67
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

TazzMission, I agree with much you have written in the above post. Hang in there.

It's becoming so politically correct and wildly chaotic today in the comic book industry that you almost have to judge each comic book separately and independently of its' own history and story arcs. The only thing the editors care about is money, not story. And appeasing the latest thought-think fad in pop culture. Live-action is driving the economics of comic book printing, and Green Lantern's bomb of a movie in 2011 proved that the technology is not up to par for Green Lantern in live-action movies.

If we're going to see ego shatter the DCU editorial team, we could be looking at a decades-long hiatus of anything good coming out of the DC tower. Think the late '80s, early '90s desert.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #68
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
TazzMission, I agree with much you have written in the above post. Hang in there.

It's becoming so politically correct and wildly chaotic today in the comic book industry that you almost have to judge each comic book separately and independently of its' own history and story arcs. The only thing the editors care about is money, not story. And appeasing the latest thought-think fad in pop culture. Live-action is driving the economics of comic book printing, and Green Lantern's bomb of a movie in 2011 proved that the technology is not up to par for Green Lantern in live-action movies.

If we're going to see ego shatter the DCU editorial team, we could be looking at a decades-long hiatus of anything good coming out of the DC tower. Think the late '80s, early '90s desert.
Not just comics but Hollywood as well . A fantastic comedian like tim allan cant speak about being a republican because Hollywood became so liberal and would rip him to shreds you cant even have a civil discussion with people without being called racist sexist homophobic they fear civil discussions and resort to attacking . Sucks for them because i love to argue and fight. I recently had to cut out a really good friend from my life whos black because he claims black on black crime is a myth. You cant reason with anyone with that mindset. I believe in accountability. Im hot sure how new you are but feel free to ask everyone here about me as a member and my bat shit crazy conspiracy theories. I admit i was wrong thats my accountability i own

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-08-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #69
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Apparently the squad with aoc ilhan omar and the other bitch rashida TLAIB is going to be on dc fandom sep 12 under wonder women of history so more pc woke filler bull shit. I dont think i can sit through 5 more hours of filler agenda crap. Dc may as well cut our balls off having to listen to these 3 hens complaining how men dominate the comics industry and women have no oppertunity or how female heros sre suppressed by male heros. I am not making this up either

Old 09-09-2020, 04:09 AM   #70
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
why wait till now after the country was on fire? Why didnt he say anything during production? If he was treated so badly why did he choose to stay and shoot the film? I dont care about contracts or money a movie studio or any job for that matter dosent own a person you can leave anytime. Geoff Johns said himself cyborg can always be replaced yet fisher is fighting to still be cyborg despite saying the very company is racist. Wich is it are they or aren't they? Hes talking from both sides of his mouth.
Perhaps I missed something, but none of the complaints that I've heard from Ray Fisher have been race-centric. What he's said is that Whedon, Johns, and Berg created a toxic work environment and acted aggressively, on a professional level, to him. While it's true that it's commonplace for highly creative people to have differences on a shared project, Fisher is saying that his work circumstances became abusive. I don't know if that's true, nor do you, nor does anyone taking sides on social media at this point. While more information might come out some day, there exists the possibility that we'll never know exactly what happened. I'm going to assume that you're a wrestling fan based on your name and avatar. That biz is loaded with controversial behind-the-scenes events where multiple people involved have conflicting stories about the same moments. This situation might well end that way.

All that being said, Fisher feels that he was treated unprofessionally, and well-organized workplaces have policies and mechanisms in place to deal with just such situations. It shouldn't be, and usually isn't, just a simplistic attitude of "love it or leave it." Regardless of how the investigation goes, as a contracted employee, Fisher has the right to do what he's doing.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #71
Star-Lantern
Green Lantern

Quote:
Likewise, I wish Kyle had the spot that she's currently occupying. However, given that GL's non-print appearances have been so sparse over the last decade, I'm just glad than ANY Lantern is getting the spotlight.

DC Super Hero Girls is indeed a fun show. I watch it with my youngest daughter, but I'd watch it regardless. Jess is very different on that show, as is Hal Jordan, but it's a nice entry point to the DC Universe for young kids. Animation is important in making new readers. How often do you hear that comic book readers were first hooked by seeing a cartoon when he/she was young? I'd say that's a significant portion of comic book fans.

With the news that DC will reduce their number of ongoings, I kind of expect either a GLC solo book or the next title to focus on a pair of Lanterns. John will probably stay in the JL title. Could Hal and Jessica be paired up? That could work. Where does that leave Guy, Kyle, and Simon? Unfortunately, I don't know. However, I do expect Jo Mullein to find her way into something like Teen Titans or another young character-centric book.
Well, Jo Mullein is an adult (I think), so I don't think she will be in Teen Titans. Are you thinking of Teen Lantern? (there are suddenly two black female Lanterns).

I'm sure I've typed this before, but I feel the Lantern situation has gotten way out of hand. There's just no way Green Lantern can see to all these characters in a fashion that will make their fans consistently happy.

------------------------------

Regarding Ray Fisher...

Gotta' say, definitely been picking up...some pretty weird vibes from some posts around here lately.

I don't know the validity of anything going on with Ray Fisher, because I wasn't there. I couldn't even begin to guess what happened and what didn't, because I don't even know any of the people involved, so I have no frame of reference on what their behavior might be like at the work place. Thus, whether this is all just sour grapes or legit stuff *shrug* who knows.

I do find it disturbing to see him blamed for accusations of racism when he never said anything about that, other than apparently being forced to say "Booyah". I can't really blame him for that. I wouldn't have wanted to say booyah, either. From what I've seen, he's primarily talked about a toxic work environment and his career being threatened by Geoff Johns, and then being told by a honcho to back off of Johns, but keep going on Whedon if he wants. Where does complaining about racism play into that? If it does, he has yet to mention it.

I have to say that the scenario of Geoff Johns calling him up on the phone to gloat about having another Cyborg actor is really funny to me.

About white males being under attack again and whatnot. Well, I certainly won't say the feelings of someone who feels that way aren't valid. I'll just say welcome to the club! I'm a mixed person, thus I've dealt with years and years of comic books not catering to me, so I suppose I can empathize. Although...at least you actually had stuff that you liked. I'm not certain I ever really did. I kinda' feel like I was more so making a long series of compromises and just dealing with stuff. That, and just appreciating stuff for what it's worth and has to offer.

I don't particularly consider myself a fan of "woke" stuff--at least not in and of itself--but there's always been some agenda in these comics and whatnot, it likely just seemed normal to some of you before, because you may have been okay with it. Over and over again, we kept seeing the same type of hero, and oftentimes in history whenever someone would try to deviate from that, there would be an issue. For example, just off the top of my head, Ferro Lad from Legion of Superheroes was supposed to be black, but that had to be vetoed, because that didn't fit someone's agenda (to name names Mort Weisinger, I believe). The cartoon character Blackstar from the show Blackstar was supposed to be black, but that didn't fit someone's agenda. When you keep seeing the same type of leading hero over and over again, and when other types are literally not allowed, that is powerfully sending a message.

The reason why there are panels specifically for women of color characters, or whatever it was, is because decent content with characters like that can be difficult for readers to find in the vast sea of white male heroes, so they actually have to look for it. I'm not even the biggest cheerleader of segregated events like that for characters, but I understand why they exist and I'm sure people appreciate them...and to see something like that pegged as anti-white...again, getting "very weird vibes" here.

Last edited by Star-Lantern; 09-09-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:53 AM   #72
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lantern View Post
Well, Jo Mullein is an adult (I think), so I don't think she will be in Teen Titans. Are you thinking of Teen Lantern? (there are suddenly two black female Lanterns).

I'm sure I've typed this before, but I feel the Lantern situation has gotten way out of hand. There's just no way Green Lantern can see to all these characters in a fashion that will make their fans consistently happy.

------------------------------

Regarding Ray Fisher...

Gotta' say, definitely been picking up...some pretty weird vibes from some posts around here lately.

I don't know the validity of anything going on with Ray Fisher, because I wasn't there. I couldn't even begin to guess what happened and what didn't, because I don't even know any of the people involved, so I have no frame of reference on what their behavior might be like at the work place. Thus, whether this is all just sour grapes or legit stuff *shrug* who knows.

I do find it disturbing to see him blamed for accusations of racism when he never said anything about that, other than apparently being forced to say "Booyah". I can't really blame him for that. I wouldn't have wanted to say booyah, either. From what I've seen, he's primarily talked about a toxic work environment and his career being threatened by Geoff Johns, and then being told by a honcho to back off of Johns, but keep going on Whedon if he wants. Where does complaining about racism play into that? If it does, he has yet to mention it.

I have to say that the scenario of Geoff Johns calling him up on the phone to gloat about having another Cyborg actor is really funny to me.

About white males being under attack again and whatnot. Well, I certainly won't say the feelings of someone who feels that way aren't valid. I'll just say welcome to the club! I'm a mixed person, thus I've dealt with years and years of comic books not catering to me, so I suppose I can empathize. Although...at least you actually had stuff that you liked. I'm not certain I ever really did. I kinda' feel like I was more so making a long series of compromising and just dealing with stuff.

I don't particularly consider myself a fan of "woke" stuff--at least not in and of itself--but there's always been some agenda in these comics and whatnot, it likely just seemed normal to some of you before, because you may have been okay with it. Over and over again, we kept seeing the same type of hero, and oftentimes in history whenever someone would try to deviate from that, there would be an issue. For example, just off the top of my head, Ferro Lad from Legion of Superheroes was supposed to be black, but that had to be vetoed, because that didn't fit someone's agenda (to name names Mort Weisinger, I believe). The cartoon character Blackstar from the show Blackstar was supposed to be black, but that didn't fit someone's agenda. When you keep seeing the same type of leading hero over and over again, and when other types are literally not allowed, that is powerfully sending a message.

The reason why there are panels specifically for women of color characters, or whatever it was, is because decent content with characters like that can be difficult for readers to find in the vast sea of white male heroes, so they actually have to look for it. I'm not even the biggest cheerleader of segregated events like that for characters, but I understand why they exist and I'm sure people appreciate them...and to see something like that pegged as anti-white...again, getting "very weird vibes" here.

I could envision Jo occupying a role similar to Kyle in his recent spot in Titans. He was a short-term mentor, and I could see her stepping into something like that as a way of getting her into DC proper.

As for the investigation, I'm just going to wait and see, and I hope all parties come out of it still able to co-exist, even if they can't totally put it behind them.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #73
Space Cop
The Dandy

FYI, Mamoa has now Tweet Supported Fisher. Of course, if he truly supports his claim, it would be nice for him to elaborate since hashtags don’t really say anything.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #74
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
FYI, Mamoa has now Tweet Supported Fisher. Of course, if he truly supports his claim, it would be nice for him to elaborate since hashtags donít really say anything.
Thats great and all but im more interested in hearing from guys like Billy dee williams denzel Washington or any very well know black actors weigh in on racism in Hollywood . So far there very quiet.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #75
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Perhaps I missed something, but none of the complaints that I've heard from Ray Fisher have been race-centric. What he's said is that Whedon, Johns, and Berg created a toxic work environment and acted aggressively, on a professional level, to him. While it's true that it's commonplace for highly creative people to have differences on a shared project, Fisher is saying that his work circumstances became abusive. I don't know if that's true, nor do you, nor does anyone taking sides on social media at this point. While more information might come out some day, there exists the possibility that we'll never know exactly what happened. I'm going to assume that you're a wrestling fan based on your name and avatar. That biz is loaded with controversial behind-the-scenes events where multiple people involved have conflicting stories about the same moments. This situation might well end that way.

All that being said, Fisher feels that he was treated unprofessionally, and well-organized workplaces have policies and mechanisms in place to deal with just such situations. It shouldn't be, and usually isn't, just a simplistic attitude of "love it or leave it." Regardless of how the investigation goes, as a contracted employee, Fisher has the right to do what he's doing.
Former wrestling fan yes . Lets talk about that in the pro wrestling thread. I kept the name because lets be honest its a cool name regardless the meaning behind it