Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 09-01-2020, 10:15 PM   #701
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Unfortunately I can't access it online without an account. But people with underlying health conditions are at highest risk of dying if they contract COVID, so that may be what you are seeing.
Really ? I was able to i have no account. But ok so it was stating when a body comes to the mourge they only label covid as the cause of death not including the other underling conditions after the autopsys. Thats the very small version . If you cant get into the boston globe try another site im 70 percent sure other papers picked up the story

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-01-2020 at 10:20 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #702
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Really ? I was able to i have no account. But ok so it was stating when a body comes to the mourge they only label covid as the cause of death not including the other underling conditions after the autopsys. Thats the very small version . If you cant get into the boston globe try another site im 70 percent sure other papers picked up the story
It isn't a new story, and it isn't surprising. The people are dying from COVID, it is just that the other health conditions make them more susceptible to die from COVID. They've said that from the beginning. They have, for months, been saying that the high risk groups for COVID are the elderly and those with underlying health conditions. That doesn't mean they aren't dying from COVID.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #703
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ac8_story.html
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #704
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

You knew something like this was coming, didn't you? Meanwhile, how many people are homeless near you?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...us/3473271001/
Old 09-13-2020, 10:12 PM   #705
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The people who keep pushing for all the information about Britney to be publicly divulged are going to get her badly humiliated in public. This woman, like Kanye West, has bipolar disorder, which is a severely debilitating disease. But those people won't take responsibility for doing that to her or apologize for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005119141.html
Old 09-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #706
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I used to outright despise her because of her god-awful pop music. Now, knowing how fucked-up her father is and her musical talents vastly improving over the years, I can actually appreciate her music and my dislike of her has turned to pity.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #707
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

All the lonely old widows out there who have been skipping meals for years to send money to Jerry Falwell Jr. need to skip MORE meals and send him MORE money, because he's in need.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jerry-fal...003924629.html
Old 09-19-2020, 12:53 AM   #708
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

This is a drunk driver killed in a drunk driving incident. This is how his family chose to bury him.

Old 09-19-2020, 06:12 PM   #709
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That's a classy way to go!
Old 09-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #710
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 09-23-2020, 11:10 PM   #711
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The seller will RUE the day he passed on this buyer!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #712
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, he's quite the looser.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #713
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Just imagine, he could have told all his friends he sold a car to the real-life Vin Diesel!
Old 09-27-2020, 12:04 AM   #714
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

My dad and I were watching YouTube videos from TwoSetViolin, guys were very talented and met some incredibly talented players themselves.

But then we watched a video where they totally destroyed another YouTuber named Davies504, who had posted a video claiming bass guitar shit all over violins. The two channels did back-and-forth challenges to play this and that, but then TSV just destroys Davies504 when he plays this very difficult violin piece because he very clearly is faking it (his grip on the violin's bow was like a claw, his thumb was pressing down on the wrong strings, etc).

It was truly shocking when Davies504 took a violin and used the scroll (topmost part) to play bass guitar and produced an almost-coherent song.

Seriously, I could believe that Davies504 was doing things as a straight-faced satire or something, pretending to be pretentious and holier-than-thou while overdoing the playing for comedic effect, but the guy was uploading videos of himself being an easily-detectable fraud. You have to be truly stupid to think you can get away with claiming mastery over something difficult "with no practice or I would have played it flawlessly."

Dude's just a music-themed version of those fake martial arts grandmasters who get destroyed by MMA fighters.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #715
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I don't feel sorry for this guy. Who would? Why is this even a story?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...LmO?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 09-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #716
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I don't feel sorry for this guy. Who would? Why is this even a story?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...LmO?li=BBnb7Kz
Yeah, I don't get how somebody can honestly think they can make themselves look like this and still expect it not to have any effect on their employment prospects. If somebody looks this offputting because of some kind of genetic defect or accident, then by all means I think that employers should make accommodations and back them up when/if people react badly. But this was his choice. I certainly support his right to get as tattooed as he wants, but I don't think he can reasonably expect that taking it to this extreme should have no repercussions.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #717
Space Cop
The Dandy

That seriously could be confusing/scary to a kindergartener.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #718
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
That seriously could be confusing/scary to a kindergartener.
It scares me. Not only should he have been fired, but so should have the person who put him in charge of a group of children. And the person who wrote this sob story about it.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #719
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Maybe this belongs in Qward, but I'm putting it out here.

The debate I watched last night made me feel deeply embarrassed for my country. It was a Three Stooges pie fight. Trump was Moe, Biden was Larry and Chris Wallace was Shemp. Curly wasn't there, which was too bad, because at least he'd have furnished some laughs.

This is the logical outcome of what the television networks have long been pushing for. They love these degrading spectacles because they get good ratings. But go back and watch the Kennedy-Nixon debates, which are posted online, and mourn over how far we've declined since then.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #720
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Maybe this belongs in Qward, but I'm putting it out here.

The debate I watched last night made me feel deeply embarrassed for my country. It was a Three Stooges pie fight. Trump was Moe, Biden was Larry and Chris Wallace was Shemp. Curly wasn't there, which was too bad, because at least he'd have furnished some laughs.

This is the logical outcome of what the television networks have long been pushing for. They love these degrading spectacles because they get good ratings. But go back and watch the Kennedy-Nixon debates, which are posted online, and mourn over how far we've declined since then.
I'm not clear how to make them more like the Kennedy-Nixon debates if the participants aren't willing to stick to the established format, though. I found myself wondering if perhaps they need to have the candidates in separate rooms and just shut off the mic for whoever isn't supposed to be speaking. Trump, particularly, seems to feel like he can just comment whenever he feels like it (though certainly he wasn't the only one to speak outside his given time). It was embarrassing to see him basically try to shout down the moderator. But I'm betting many of his supporters watched and felt like Trump was being mistreated because he wasn't just allowed to speak whenever and for however long he wanted.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:56 PM   #721
Space Cop
The Dandy

I only saw it for like two minutes (in passing as someone else was watching it) because I knew I couldn't take it, but it's interesting that most of the recap today is just about what a mess it was not about who won.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #722
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I only saw it for like two minutes (in passing as someone else was watching it) because I knew I couldn't take it, but it's interesting that most of the recap today is just about what a mess it was not about who won.
It almost seems meaningless to try to decide who "won", as there was very little serious discussion of any issues. After this, I'm not inclined to watch any of the other Presidential debates. I'll just read about them afterward, I guess, and then more out of morbid curiosity about how many false, unsubstantiated and/or misleading statements of fact get made. I have a bit more hope that the Vice Presidential debate will at least be less chaotic, but I'm not sure I'll want to watch it anyway.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:10 PM   #723
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

I already knew i was voting for trump before the debate but god damn it was like watching rick grimes '' trump '' pounding on a walker " biden ''. Chris Wallace was terrible and imo the next 2 debates should go to the joe roegan show since thats neutral liberterian territory

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 09-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #724
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I already knew i was voting for trump before the debate but god damn it was like watching rick grimes '' trump '' pounding on a walker " biden ''.
Are you saying you thought Trump did really well in the debate (a view I cannot fathom), or are you acknowledging that he was out of control, ignoring the debate format to just try to talk over everybody else?
Old 09-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #725
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Are you saying you thought Trump did really well in the debate (a view I cannot fathom), or are you acknowledging that he was out of control, ignoring the debate format to just try to talk over everybody else?
Honestly at first i thought it was ok because he hit on some very good points but then trump got very child like throwing a tantrum it was like watching 2 old men having a senior moment. This didnt feel like a debate at all. Im looking forward to pence vs harris at least there we will get a legitimate debate. I wasnt always a republican i switched after Minnesota went up in flames. I did it for me because i realized i cant change peoples minds and i just cant back biden he dosent click with me. I dont see him as dominant or intimidating when he needs to be

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-30-2020 at 05:42 PM.