FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 06-16-2020, 03:37 PM   #26
IonFan
Forum Member

well this is bullsh!t after all gold is nothing more then a darker yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
His debut issue #6 is getting a second printing and issue #7 will now feature the below variant:

but d@mn this does look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
Let's call Teen Lantern exactly what she is Riri Williams 2.0.
100 and 10% agree

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #27
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Dumb on so many levels. Why the need for the flight ring? If Gold is part of the spectrum (and why wouldn't it), wouldn't that mean that Kyle or Sinestro or anyone who's been a White Lantern would have wielded this light?
And it's such a waste. Seven Spectrum lights were enough, IMHO. The jetski jumped the shark with the UV spectrum. Sinestro could have easily done another "Parallax takes over the GLC", but I guess Krona used that option. Several of the Spectrum have multiplied rings over Earth - Red, Yellow, Green, etc.

The Flash already had a Sinestro Corps future wielder (Golden Glider). Any of the Spectrum (sans GLs) could have been in the Legion. Show an immortal Rankorr, or a new Indigo, or someone!
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #28
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I had to look that up, but ok.
They're way too similar to be convenience.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #29
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
They're way too similar to be convenience.
Well, since there's a long history of Marvel marvelizing DC characters, it's nothing new. They always steal from each other.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #30
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, since there's a long history of Marvel marvelizing DC characters, it's nothing new. They always steal from each other.
Well Bendis did create her so its not a shock that he did the old copy and paste to make Teen Lantern.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:56 AM   #31
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

[QUOTE=Big Blue Lantern;969676]At the very least, I like the costume design.[/QUOT
Looks like a bastard love child of a bronie and a yogi in the sci-fi genre

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 08-31-2020 at 08:42 AM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #32
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Waiting for the bronze and silver lantern next

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 09-15-2020, 05:46 PM   #33
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

God Bendis sucks. I keep forgetting about this. I was recently able to rediscover my love of Green Lantern and it's been an enjoyable journey. A huge part of that was reworking my comic room, getting all new bookcases and redoing all of my displays for everything that I love and collect. Part of that was purging my GL collection of all of the crap I had bought in the last 15 years that I didnt actually enjoy. First off, anything that embarrassed me as a GL fan left the house entirely. If it was red, blue, orange etc, it had to go. The only things I kept were a few Sinestro figures in the yellow costume because he's so perfect, and an Arkillo BAF. Now my entire GL collection fits on 4 brand new bookcases. I can see everything again, and I enjoy going in there and looking at it all the time now. Redoing that room has been my summer project, getting rid of things I dont want while filling it out a bit with some cool vintage pieces. It's all been wonderfully therapeutic.

As far as the comics go, I'll buy the actual Green Lantern comics as long as DC is serious about them and make them good. But I'm ignoring anything in other titles like team books where writers are adding junk to mythos they know or care nothing about. I dont have the interest in being stressed over any of it anymore.
Old 09-26-2020, 04:49 AM   #34
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
God Bendis sucks. I keep forgetting about this. I was recently able to rediscover my love of Green Lantern and it's been an enjoyable journey. A huge part of that was reworking my comic room, getting all new bookcases and redoing all of my displays for everything that I love and collect. Part of that was purging my GL collection of all of the crap I had bought in the last 15 years that I didnt actually enjoy. First off, anything that embarrassed me as a GL fan left the house entirely. If it was red, blue, orange etc, it had to go. The only things I kept were a few Sinestro figures in the yellow costume because he's so perfect, and an Arkillo BAF. Now my entire GL collection fits on 4 brand new bookcases. I can see everything again, and I enjoy going in there and looking at it all the time now. Redoing that room has been my summer project, getting rid of things I dont want while filling it out a bit with some cool vintage pieces. It's all been wonderfully therapeutic.

As far as the comics go, I'll buy the actual Green Lantern comics as long as DC is serious about them and make them good. But I'm ignoring anything in other titles like team books where writers are adding junk to mythos they know or care nothing about. I dont have the interest in being stressed over any of it anymore.
Im in the same boat . I feel like green lantern is a dead property now wich sucks because green lantern got me into buying actual comics in 2009. I decided im buying mainly absolute edition 's for certain characters that peak my interest mainly batman and aquaman for the typical well known characters. Hellblazer, anything weird with spectre and the phantom stranger also catches my attention

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-26-2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:15 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Im in the same boat . I feel like green lantern is a dead property now wich sucks
It's definitely seen better days.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:27 AM   #36
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
It's definitely seen better days.
I jumped off i wanna say 2013ish when sinestro became parallax and hal became a bumb and hal having carol pay for there date. Im just eeeeeeeeh. Only a matter of time when the silver bronz uranium plutonium rainbow lantern is introduced . Like for real what happened to this character we all were hyped for monthly? Believe me if i can get over my writers block of putting my ideas to paper id reinvent green lantern and wonder woman

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-27-2020 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

When I started this site, there was such a sense of wonder at what the future would hold. War of Light/Blackest Night? The Tygers prophecy becoming fulfilled? Sodam Yat showing up? Then watching Geoff burn it all out by event after event. Then the guy after him just doing the same, albeit somewhat more intelligently. Now I'm glad they're selling well, but the Morrison stuff isn't really doing the necessary repairs that are needed. I appreciate the intelligent storytelling but we can't just pretend it is still 1975.

IMHO.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #38
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
When I started this site, there was such a sense of wonder at what the future would hold. War of Light/Blackest Night? The Tygers prophecy becoming fulfilled? Sodam Yat showing up? Then watching Geoff burn it all out by event after event. Then the guy after him just doing the same, albeit somewhat more intelligently. Now I'm glad they're selling well, but the Morrison stuff isn't really doing the necessary repairs that are needed. I appreciate the intelligent storytelling but we can't just pretend it is still 1975.

IMHO.
I never read sandman but i hear people praise neil gaiman so Maybe neil gaiman should take over green lantern? Make it interesting again

Old 09-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #39
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

There's several ways Bendis could've came into the Legion title. Instead of a slow build up he's legit like "It's only 40+ characters, I can reinvent ALL of them in a matter of weeks..."

I applaud the efforts of DC to try and make groups more diverse, with most of the characters being humanoid and alien it isn't that hard to push in LoSH. What is unsettling is when you've got a cover that says "Introducing the new Dr. Fate, Gold Lantern, and Monster Boy" then we only get one page of Goldie and none of the others are featured... I'm eight issues in... EIGHT... and I know next to nothing at all about Monster Boy, the new Dr. Fate, the girl in green with a skull face, or Gold Lantern.

I think the whole reboot was just barely thought out. Bendis decided like five characters need to be black or brown skinned at least, then the rest are now blue, pink, green, etc. It was made quite apparent how little Bendis gave a shit about diversity when the writer DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE CHARACTERS THAT WERE BLACK BEFORE. Yep, you read that right. Tyroc and Kid Quantum were two characters who might not be as mainstream as others, but at the very least their origins made sense and they already had fans in the Legion Fanboy community. Completely left out at this point.

Monster Boy is essentially an alien shapeshifter who can only transform into famous horror movie monsters like Frankenstein's Monster or mythical monsters like Medusa. Why an alien is limited by something on Earth is beyond me and makes no sense, and the Legion already had an alien shapeshifter with Chameleon Boy.

The addition of a new Dr. Fate seemed cool at first, but again the Legion already had somebody steeped in mystic arts with White/Black Witch and even she had an apprentice that joined the Legion back in 2015-2016 named Glorith.

And when it comes to Lanterns the Legion had plenty of options a writer could've spun. The obvious is Rond Vidar, but anybody who's actually read Legion in other eras could tell you about Kyle Rayner's descendant Cary Wren or a girl who was brought back to life and given power by residual green energy named Celeste McCauley. For Christ' sake you could just make Sodam Yat look younger and he could f***ing do it.

Rant over. Apologies LOL

EDIT: On second thought, there was one other thing. Out of COMPLETELY F***ING NOWHERE it was decided Ferro Lad was coming back in the latest issue. I'm sitting here wondering when I'll get more for characters like Sun Boy and Starboy... then they smack me with helmet lad. I can only assume Bendis will cherry pick other characters to bring back last minute. This is maddening.

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 09-28-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #40
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

I still cant get over how bad this looks. The gold lantern looks like a dollar store toy or a bad bootleg. Also why do i think the gold lantern has a 90's spray tan?