X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Lantern Season 2 #12 (of 12) *Preview/Spoilers*

So I guess this is it for Morrison? The preview:

https://majorspoilers.com/2021/03/09...season-two-12/

Visually striking, like a love letter to Richard Corben. Story-wise? Jeeze. Impenetrable. And it pains me to say that.
    33.33%
    33.33%
    33.33%
    0.00%
    0.00%

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    . . . Visually striking, like a love letter to Richard Corben. . .
    Yeah, I loved that final hero-shot page of Hal flying away.

Comment

What plot? It was a bunch of gobbleygook for science, and "Hal wins overall" for plot. Cartoonized Hector Hammond? People I don't recognize, even from the original Corps days? Multiverse technobabble? An aftermath that doesn't even bother explaining?

Two years of bad plot, bad retcons, bad artwork, impossible journeys. I understand it was difficult keeping up with four to six comic books a month, but that was better than this drug-fueled dream the last two years.

One star. Because I couldn't vote any lower.

Comment

Thank god that's over. Not Morrisons best work by any stretch. I enjoyed the first few issues, but it just got stranger and more nonsensical as the series carried on. At some point it just became a mess.

And now that it's over I can look forward to my favorite character going into the mothballs for the next few years as the next writer treats us to the central power battery being destroyed for the umpteenth time. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X