The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern: New Guardians/Kyle Rayner
FLASHCHAT

Kyle Rayner

Old 12-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
redlantern9396
Kyle's Nude Model

Default which gf was better 4 kyle soranikk natu or jade

with jades return it may make thinks intresting with kyle's love life while true there may be no hint at it but yes i cud see a luv triangle in the future were kyle would have to choose but the bottom line is which was/is a better girl freind and why ? (i edited it and well sorry for all the grammar mistakes

Last edited by redlantern9396; 01-17-2011 at 08:00 PM.
redlantern9396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
missferris
Senior Corps Member

I think Donna was the best for him in terms of forcing him to grow up and actually grow as an individual. Alex, too.

Out of Natu or Jade, I think Jade was better.
missferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlantern9396 View Post
WitH Jade'S return it SHOULD make thinGs intEresting FOR Kyle's love life. While therE may be no hint OF it AT THE MOMENT, I cOuLd SEE A lOvE triangle in THE future wHerE Kyle wOuLd haVE to choose. The bottom line is WHO was/is a better girlfriEnd and WHY?
I appreciate your enthusiasm here on this board. But please, please PLEASE drop the net speak. You'll get a much better response by using proper spelling and grammar (did my best with the corrections, I'm sure I missed something).

And Kyle's love life has had enough ups and downs for awhile. Let him be with Natu and leave it that way.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

the one that died
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
missferris
Senior Corps Member

Kyle is far too boring of a character to ever bring down jade again. Let him be boring with Natu in space forever, settle him down, give him kids, retire him and get him out of my sight. I'm forever disappointed in my son and do not wish to ever see him again. Kyle is dead to me.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by missferris View Post
I'm forever disappointed in my son and do not wish to ever see him again. Kyle is dead to me.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
DrLuv2099
Kyle's Nude Model

Whoa if you're Kyle's mom you must be a zombie.

It's not really a fair comparison Jade became Kyle's love and partner. She also had a much longer time in Kyle's life story wise. In a year we could compare them.

Based purely on looks I'd have to go with Jade since Soranik's breasts look upside down. Still Kyles working his way through the color spectrum white, green, and now pinkish red. Next up on his list The Grimaces sister.
DrLuv2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
missferris
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLuv2099 View Post
Whoa if you're Kyle's mom you must be a zombie.

It's not really a fair comparison Jade became Kyle's love and partner. She also had a much longer time in Kyle's life story wise. In a year we could compare them.
Yeah, we'll wait another year of GL events that put one or the other in peril, and for their lover to come in and save them in some "badass" way proving their love. Over and over again. That will give them substance!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Uh huh, whatever you say.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

i would go with natu
Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
redlantern9396
Kyle's Nude Model

honestly i would like to see jade because she has a connection to the light and it would be intresesting to see if that would affect there relationship and it would be funny to see soranik mad and sinestro being kind of a angry father type figure
Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
wit jades return it ota make thinks intresting with kyle's love life while tru ther may be no hint at it but ya i cud c i luv triangle inda future wer kyle wud haf to choose but the bottom line is which was/is a better girl freind and y
Quote:
honestly i would like to see jade because she has a connection to the light and it would be intresesting to see if that would affect there relationship and it would be funny to see soranik mad and sinestro being kind of a angry father type figure
I'm sorry, I speak 4 languages and I have no clue what you're saying.

Where the hell are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
wit jades return it ota make thinks intresting with kyle's love life while tru ther may be no hint at it but ya i cud c i luv triangle inda future wer kyle wud haf to choose but the bottom line is which was/is a better girl freind and y
my choice is the dead ones
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Any reason why?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
redlantern9396
Kyle's Nude Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
I'm sorry, I speak 4 languages and I have no clue what you're saying.

Where the hell are you from?
i dont know i made this blog before i befor i found out apperently no one likes any form of internet talk and what langues do you speak
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Shazam826
Alan's Drycleaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Shazam826

Some people on here...you guys make my head hurt.

I am going to say Donna Troy. I do hate that she lost her memories, that was horrible.
Shazam826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
jGLZa
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Jade still annoys me. Read through a TPB of Winnicks run and at times she really didnt seem to be interested in Kyle at all.
I like Natu now, but still think Alex was best for him.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
missferris
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jGLZa View Post
Jade still annoys me. Read through a TPB of Winnicks run and at times she really didnt seem to be interested in Kyle at all.
I like Natu now, but still think Alex was best for him.
For all of those answering Alex or Donna (I agree that both were God Tier girlfriends for him), I think this is a contest only between Jade or Natu.

Now, JGLZa, do you mind on elaborating the bit about Jade not seeming interested in Kyle at all? Any examples?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #19
jGLZa
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Forgive me I'm shy on details but off the top of my head, during the Sentinel arc she seemed particularly distant.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #20
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Leaving aside how badly this thread has turned out, I'll say Natu. The best reason that she works for Kyle is that she's an actual Green Lantern character that's not tied to any other franchise, and not subject to the whims of any other editor or writer's needs. Jade and Donna were always "on loan" and were never going to be anything other than that. Donna especially was the equivilant of two actors "hooking up" just to get on tabloid covers. It was done when Kyle was coming along as a character and needed to constantly be validated by the characters around him to make him seem legitimate to the readers.

With Natu there's none of that bullshit. The GL writers can keep their relationship "in house" and do whatever they want with it.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

I'm okay with that.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #22
missferris
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
Leaving aside how badly this thread has turned out, I'll say Natu. The best reason that she works for Kyle is that she's an actual Green Lantern character that's not tied to any other franchise, and not subject to the whims of any other editor or writer's needs. Jade and Donna were always "on loan" and were never going to be anything other than that. Donna especially was the equivilant of two actors "hooking up" just to get on tabloid covers. It was done when Kyle was coming along as a character and needed to constantly be validated by the characters around him to make him seem legitimate to the readers.

With Natu there's none of that bullshit. The GL writers can keep their relationship "in house" and do whatever they want with it.
Quote:
The best reason that she works for Kyle is that she's an actual Green Lantern character that's not tied to any other franchise, and not subject to the whims of any other editor or writer's needs.
This has nothing to do with actual writing or perceived compatibility based on fixed characterization. Your following analogy is concerned with outside forces only (and is also a simplified hyperfocus on marketing purposes, rather than substantial story purposes and/or believability), which has nothing to do with the actual quality of writing concerning Soranik and Kyle's relationship, but instead only availability and franchise planning. This depends on compartmentalization and prioritizing and, I guess, whichever matters most to you as a fan. This does not assure there is good development.

This Sinestro's Daughter plot is another way to keep Kyle relevant by sticking his penis into something.

I wish he'd stick his penis in your opinion because it's just a terrible one maybe it would die afterward.

Congratulations, you have just absolutely destroyed my day by talking about this fictional couple. Suddenly, all of the colours in the world seem more dull, and everywhere I go I am noticing that people are declaring what they are and who they are and how deep their feelings are, but never showing anything for it. Suddenly, lies are being revealed to me, like so many flowers in bloom, and all I can do is watch in sheer terror. I feel a darkness swelling up inside of me, as any enjoyment I had in this life is being depleted per second. Pounding, pounding, my head is pounding...how could this be? How could you destroy everything I know and love with one thought expressed here? I don't want to live on this world anymore -- this...this cruel Earth, where Soranik Natu and Kyle Rayner are the best example of a relationship he can have. I never noticed how seriously I take this all until now.

But it's too late for me. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Last edited by missferris; 01-13-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
i dont know i made this blog before i befor i found out apperently no one likes any form of internet talk and what langues do you speak
"I don't know" ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak english in "I don't know"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #24
missferris
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
"I don't know" ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak english in "I don't know"?
Is his typing really that unintelligible? I don't see it as a big deal. Why are you harassing him over it?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #25
missferris
Senior Corps Member

If Dave is not going to fight me on this I'm bathing in kerosene .