The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 03-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #3651
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I finally managed to figure out which pinhole to insert the paperclip into, and can now open my stubborn disc tray on my old 360. I doubt forcing it open this one time will really fix the issue, which is probably something like a worn-out gear somewhere inside, but it should help. Dunno if I want to try it while it's on, but I'll watch a few videos tonight so that I can get a better idea of my options. I've also thought about getting a newer model off eBay, but not right now, and I still want to transfer my data to a 120gb HDD at some point.

Also, since I need to clear a TON of space on my PS4's HDD for Division 2 (at least 100gb), then I thought I'd get back to playing Doom. Yeah, I just now finished downloading an update, and I'm sitting at a whopping 78.89gb of space used by just this one game. I'm really going to need to grind through everything and get what I can and then keep the save data for later when I have a bigger/extra HDD, because I really want to play Division 2 but these massive game sizes are killing me (and I've still got several other games I want to play on my PS4, like AC Unity).
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #3652
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

You know, I love Doom (2016) and all, but holy shit, at least Doom 3 gave us a flashlight. New Doom has incredibly dark interiors, which I'm hoping is seriously addressed in Doom Eternal (from what I saw, it is).
Old 03-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #3653
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Decided to nab some of the trophies from the league challenge mode in Ninja Storm 4. I dislike how similar it is to the Ninja World Tournament and Survival modes, in that you don't regain health between rounds (but you do refill in each new match); to me that smacks of unnecessary carry-over and blurs the lines of separation between game modes.

Anyway, I completed the beginner and intermediate leagues, so all I have left are a load of matches in various "cups" before I can claim conquest of the advanced league. What I like is that the trophy unlocks on the champion's screen, meaning I get this great shot of whichever character I completed the final cup with (you can play them out of order, too!). This means I can plan ahead and figure out which character I want to get a winning picture of for the trophy unlock. I did it with a couple, though I came close to losing my matches because the AI suddenly decided to be as cheap as possible. Either way, I'm going to have to consider my options for the final cup because I would like to use a character I'm fond of.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #3654
BLACK HAND
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Angry Joe's review for Anthem

Guess I won't be getting that for at least six months, if not an entire year. Sucks, because the premise, aesthetic, and gameplay all looked great (I didn't play the beta).
Same strategy I used for Fallout 76; getting that in the mail today (for 20 bucks hell yeah). I will grab Anthem eventually, they just need to patch and balance it.

Nice to see another Dark Souls player, have you gotten into Bloodborne at all? That's my favorite. Sekiro is dropping soon as well, pre-ordered that.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #3655
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Watched a walkthrough and lore video of Bloodborne, got all of H.P. Lovecraft's writings as a result of suddenly craving eldritch horror. But I can't afford it right now (both for money and for console HDD limit), same with Sekiro.

I also really, really want to get Division 2 first and play as much of that as I can stand before taking on another major project.