Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite version of Guy Gardner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he joins in #13, Bob.

Comment

What is your favorite version of Guy Gardner?

Thank you!

Sent while eating Cheetos and Oreos

Comment

I voted for Classic Guy (bowl cut and all!) but I’ve enjoyed, to some degree, all of his major iterations.

I will say that I’m not a fan of the New 52 retconning of his backstory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Show View Post

I will say that I’m not a fan of the New 52 retconning of his backstory.
          I frankly forget how much is retconned now. Do you mean adding the cop family history or are they skipping the whole gym-teacher-paralyzed thing now?

Oh, and welcome. Feel free to post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. It's been a while since anyone has.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            I frankly forget how much is retconned now. Do you mean adding the cop family history or are they skipping the whole gym-teacher-paralyzed thing now?
            Honestly, I’m not entirely sure. The n52 changed his father and brother a bit and added a sister as well as the cop history and how he got his ring. I believe his Vuldarian history was referred to in an issue of Red Lanterns and he referred to his dad by his pre-n52 name and personality in an issue of HJ&GLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Show View Post
              Honestly, I’m not entirely sure. The n52 changed his father and brother a bit and added a sister as well as the cop history and how he got his ring. I believe his Vuldarian history was referred to in an issue of Red Lanterns and he referred to his dad by his pre-n52 name and personality in an issue of HJ&GLC.
              I wouldn't consider the cop stuff to really be much of anything. I don't see any reason that origin needed to be revisited.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I wouldn't consider the cop stuff to really be much of anything. I don't see any reason that origin needed to be revisited.
                Yeah. I mean it could be a good story element in the right hands, but they basically got an issue out of it and with a pretty soap-opera-y cliche (Dad cared more about the job than us, blah, blah).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  I agree with that and I don’t consider it a deal breaker or anything. That is one good thing about comics. As long as future creators don’t refer to it, I can go about pretending it didn’t happen (or was an Elseworlds type story).

Comment

Working...
                  X