Should Sinestro be redeemed? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
    i guess you did miss it, because it was explained. the guardians manipulated sinestro into thinking the ring chose him and was trying to redeem him so that he would get rid of the sinestro corp so they wouldn't have to.
    What issue was this? I didn't read a couple of issues from sheer frustration of the direction... or perhaps I just didn't retain any of the information.

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
    They should start calling it the Jewlery formerly known as the most powerful Weapon in the universe...
    Especially since they're damn near useless against the New Gods.

Comment

I don't know because I stopped reading it. But I figgured they were going to get punked by the New Gods. Green Lanterns are so freaking week now. I love when DC dose a cover of Rings falling back to the Homeworld and expect it to be a shocking image. Killing a Green Lantern now means next to nothing now,they are like Stormtroopers just dissposable characters. Mean while Batman can conquer the universe with his mad dectitive skillz, and Boomerangs!

Superman VS Batman.... People are excited about this? That should be a 2 second snuff film. Reading Comic books, I am starting to see why people think it is a dumb hobby.
      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I don't think so.No one still has addressed the fact that the man got his ring by deceit.The Guardians should've known that.

Comment

Yeah well that is a retcon of a retcon. Originally Sinestro meet and exceeded the qualifacations of the Ring. To Be fearless and Honest. Now you just have to have the ability to overcome great fear,So Sinestro being chosen by the new standards is not so far fetched.

It's a far more boring story then the Silver Age A Good man turned bad,Darth Vader angle,but who gives a shit about Good stories? Just keep putting out those alt covers DC!

Comment

I really have no interest in him, and there's no redeeming him for some of the things he's done, but here's an idea. Make him realize how bad he was and feel remorse, but be a fugitive Lantern for the rest of his life, doing whatever good he can along the way.

And lose that silly-assed mustache.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
              I really have no interest in him, and there's no redeeming him for some of the things he's done, but here's an idea. Make him realize how bad he was and feel remorse, but be a fugitive Lantern for the rest of his life, doing whatever good he can along the way...
              Like Xena, the warrior princess?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Like Xena, the warrior princess?
                I watched that a few times because I thought her sidekick was cute but I didn't know the backstory.

Comment

Yeah, she was supposed to be a conquering raider who sees the light and devotes the rest of her life to righting wrongs. I'm watching it intermittently on Netflix for the first time.

Comment

I would like to see him acomplish his goal. Make the universe a utopia through fear and brutality. He killse every bad guy so brutally that no one is ever brave enough to step out of line again. Then he trains a successor who runs the universe with kindness and compassion. The twis at the end of the minni is that he makes his new sucessor kill him in the most brutal fassion imaginable because he always realized all villians deserve the same fate.

It's a little dark but I think it would be a cool read.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Yeah, she was supposed to be a conquering raider who sees the light and devotes the rest of her life to righting wrongs. I'm watching it intermittently on Netflix for the first time.
                      I don't know whether Xena was actually a wanted fugitive but i think that would be the best thing to do with Sinestro. His good deeds might make his punishment a bit less severe if he's caught but he faces great punishment regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                        I would like to see him acomplish his goal. Make the universe a utopia through fear and brutality. He killse every bad guy so brutally that no one is ever brave enough to step out of line again. Then he trains a successor who runs the universe with kindness and compassion. The twis at the end of the minni is that he makes his new sucessor kill him in the most brutal fassion imaginable because he always realized all villians deserve the same fate.

It's a little dark but I think it would be a cool read.
                        It would, but it always amazed me that he didn't put down Mongul when he had the chance.

Comment

Doesn't seem like he's redeeming himself in anyway whatsoever. Just going about ruthlessly setting up the Sinestro Corps as the Universe's new peacekeeping force.

That being said, he also is apparently, openly, blatantly hiring bounty hunters to eliminate all the other corps. Nice PR there bro!

Comment

Working...
                          X