The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #601
Coad14
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
yea its a shame no one knocked him on his ass at the wondercon. i know if i was there i wouldve. im gona laugh my ass off when those go down in price and he gets stuck with them
i'll offer him $15 each
Coad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #602
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coad14 View Post
i'll offer him $15 each

shit just send him a rubber mail order russian bride and lets see if he can blow a wad into that

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #603
James Bond
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
yea its a shame no one knocked him on his ass at the wondercon. i know if i was there i wouldve. im gona laugh my ass off when those go down in price and he gets stuck with them
Funny how you claim you'd do that. Let's say if you were there you did indeed try something like that. Would going to jail really be worth it to you? I mean I don't fault anyone that tries to get as many of a hot collectible they possibly can but trying to show how "macho" you are is pretty immature. I mean anyone can say their going to do this, and do that but if the opportunity posed itself to you, you'd probably not do anything. I've seen these sets on ebay and they show no signs of going down soon. The SDCC rainbow Hal's have shot up in price the past week and I predict the same for these and the C2E2 Lanterns that go for sale this weekend.
James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 AM   #604
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
Funny how you claim you'd do that. Let's say if you were there you did indeed try something like that. Would going to jail really be worth it to you? I mean I don't fault anyone that tries to get as many of a hot collectible they possibly can but trying to show how "macho" you are is pretty immature. I mean anyone can say their going to do this, and do that but if the opportunity posed itself to you, you'd probably not do anything. I've seen these sets on ebay and they show no signs of going down soon. The SDCC rainbow Hal's have shot up in price the past week and I predict the same for these and the C2E2 Lanterns that go for sale this weekend.

honestly bond its the mans ego that makes me wanna just knock his ass down. to perpously provoke others by bragging non stop to me is being an ass and that ass needs to be kicked. seeing as it would be my first official offense than no i wouldnt mind knocking him out if i were there

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #605
bonoferox
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by War of Light Vet View Post
If you want, If i pull a winning ticket you could get my extra set & vice versa? I'll probly be wearing a white lantern shirt on saturday & a green one on sunday, cleveland indians ball cap & a hope ring. Cant miss me, I'm 6' 5

Sounds like a good plan I'll keep an eye out for you.

The Sky is Waiting....
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #606
James Bond
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
honestly bond its the mans ego that makes me wanna just knock his ass down. to perpously provoke others by bragging non stop to me is being an ass and that ass needs to be kicked. seeing as it would be my first official offense than no i wouldnt mind knocking him out if i were there
Well it didn't seem like he committed any crime did he? All he did was stroke a few ego's the wrong way and if things like that gets to people then you really do have issues. It's funny how much words do hurt people. Frankly more power to him if he got all those sets. If I was in his position I'd do the same thing. I'm pretty happy with my 4 sets I got from Wondercon. I got lucky, only had to try once and I got a winner and my friend that was helping me. got lucky as well.

People really have to get over internet e-wars. Trust me it's not worth getting riled up over. I mean look at your avatar pic tazz. Does giving a FU middle finger really make you tough with authority on here? I think it's quite funny how in this thread everyone's mouths get so big online. I mean it's online for god sakes. My advice to you is take a chill pill and have a shot of your favorite liquor and look at more important things in life. Caring about someone hoarding figures should be the least of peoples worries.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #607
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

:takes off broken record and unsubscribes:

bye ya'll
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #608
havik
Torch Bearer

Send a message via Yahoo to havik

lol later a train
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #609
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
Well it didn't seem like he committed any crime did he? All he did was stroke a few ego's the wrong way and if things like that gets to people then you really do have issues. It's funny how much words do hurt people. Frankly more power to him if he got all those sets. If I was in his position I'd do the same thing. I'm pretty happy with my 4 sets I got from Wondercon. I got lucky, only had to try once and I got a winner and my friend that was helping me. got lucky as well.

People really have to get over internet e-wars. Trust me it's not worth getting riled up over. I mean look at your avatar pic tazz. Does giving a FU middle finger really make you tough with authority on here? I think it's quite funny how in this thread everyone's mouths get so big online. I mean it's online for god sakes. My advice to you is take a chill pill and have a shot of your favorite liquor and look at more important things in life. Caring about someone hoarding figures should be the least of peoples worries.

it has nothing to do with e-thugging. what you see on here is who i really am offline bond. the avatar photo of me flipping the bird is my way of saying if people dont like who i am for who iam than well you get the message. bond i got proof to show that yes i pick fights when i want to and i finish them when i need to. you win some you lose some. i have scars on my face from stitches when i use to pick fights with the biggest dudes when i was in high school. and sadly and in a twisted way im one of those people who loves being hit. i mean shit i was having a nice discussion on another part of these boards and what happens? some dude just starts in so hey you know what im not gona let some double chinned fat fingered hand scumbag attack me do to some spelling errors. alot of people have this thought in there minds that im just some stage act trying to act tough and shit. no one knows this but many years ago i use to chill out in chat rooms and some dude happened to run his mouth and we ended up meeting and we both basicly got our asses kicked. im not gona spend an hour explaining but yes im the type of guy whos willing to meet these so called trolls online in real life and willing to fight

Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #610
hazardfilms
Parallax Host

haha it doesn't look like Graphitti changed for C2E2,

http://www.graphittidesigns.com/c2e2.html

But at least us CAH-Lee-FOR-Nee-uhns didn't have quite as high as sales tax as Chicago. I'm so glad I don't live in Central Illinois anymore!

hazardfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #611
War of Light Vet
Hal's Understudy

I'll pay Chicago's Orange Lantern fees... but I wont be happy about it.

I WILL pull the damn red ticket if it kills me

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan
War of Light Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #612
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by War of Light Vet View Post
I'll pay Chicago's Orange Lantern fees... but I wont be happy about it.

I WILL pull the damn red ticket if it kills me
Good luck with that! I tried three times at WonderCon and struck out.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #613
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via AIM to Doc2814

I just got the Black Lantern Hal Jordan and White Lantern Sinestro. I'm torn, I want to open them and display them but I also want them to maintain their value of MOC. Really nice from what I can tell inside the packaging.

I'm a leaf on the wind...
Doc2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #614
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I still haven't displayed mine. I've been meaning to rip them out of the packages for weeks, but being married swallowed up all of my free time. Now, we have to eat dinner together which cuts into my toys/video game time.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #615
mrjasontodd
Mario C

Open them.

Sy, did you guys live together before? I have an idea. Take a nap sometime during the day. 15 or 20 min should be enough. Then do your normal evening stuff and go to bed and the wake up in the middle of the night and play your stuff then.
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #616
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

LOL Good point MRJT (did you get my PM by chance?).

I'll open them once the next BN series is released, and am forced to redo my shelves.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #617
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjasontodd View Post
Open them.

Sy, did you guys live together before? I have an idea. Take a nap sometime during the day. 15 or 20 min should be enough. Then do your normal evening stuff and go to bed and the wake up in the middle of the night and play your stuff then.
We never really lived together. It was just a weekend thing until we got married. We both commute 100 miles to and from work so by the time we get home, there isn't much time to do anything. We leave at 5:30am, get home by 8pm and eat dinner around 8:45pm. I've been meaning to straighten up my sanctuary for a while, but between laundry, yardwork and running errands, I can never find the time. Whenever I tell myself "Okay, I'll set everything up today," there's some bullshit that requires my attention waiting for me when I get home. Next thing I know, it's 10:30 and time to go to bed. Whatta life.

By the way, what's a nap?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #618
mrjasontodd
Mario C

Yeah I got it. Gonna wait until next Monday to see if my listing sells before I break the set up.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #619
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjasontodd View Post
Yeah I got it. Gonna wait until next Monday to see if my listing sells before I break the set up.
Oh ok, cool. A few guys havent been getting my PMs as of late so figured I'd check. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #620
Hellboy
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Send a message via MSN to Hellboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hellboy

Prices on the Wondercon/C2E2 set are all over the place; my other collecting friend managed to snag them at a ridiculous price of $73 including shipping. Another listing just ended three days ago that was like $56 or some nonsense. My point being, at this point if you're lucky enough, you could probably get another set and open them. I know I'd love to. Now if they'd only announce what they're doing at San Diego!!!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #621
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Prices on the Wondercon/C2E2 set are all over the place; my other collecting friend managed to snag them at a ridiculous price of $73 including shipping. Another listing just ended three days ago that was like $56 or some nonsense. My point being, at this point if you're lucky enough, you could probably get another set and open them. I know I'd love to. Now if they'd only announce what they're doing at San Diego!!!
Well some here claim GD told them DCD is offering the same exact figure. I'm skeptical that they will have the same Con Exclusive for SDCC that they did the others... its SDCC, they will probably go all out.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #622
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMarcumUSN View Post
Well some here claim GD told them DCD is offering the same exact figure. I'm skeptical that they will have the same Con Exclusive for SDCC that they did the others... its SDCC, they will probably go all out.
I'm thinking they are going to have WL Hal and some other stuff this year.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #623
mrjasontodd
Mario C

i need someone who was there to confirm this, but I am positive that these Hals blew the Batman/Joker away as far as fan hype, demand and SDCC frenzy. That hype spilled over into the WC/C2E2 set that came out so they might have found a collector's nitch that might work for them.

Not saying that they are going to unveil some lantern fig every year but atleast this year I think they would capitalize on that proven success.

With that said, SDCC is the big game, i expect them to bring something fresh and not previously re-hashed from not one but TWO other shows. If this was NYCC then sure but its not, its the majors.

That is just publicity 101, always keep them wanting. if people see that its the same old same old that hype will die and the sales will plummet when compared to the year before.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #624
James Bond
Fatality's Blacksmith

When Graphitti officially announces that their 2010 SDCC exclusives this year is the same that was for Wondercon and C2E2 then you heard it here first. They didn't give me any reasoning to why they're doing this this year but I'm pretty happy that I won't have to wait in line for these same exclusives with different event stickers this year.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #625
projectile
Sidekick

They could just be messing with you. Is that a possibility?

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote