Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default John Wick spinoff: Ballerina

Eh, directed by Len Wiseman. And I guess we've already seen the main character in JW3:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/len-wise...wick-spin-off/

The original article from a couple of years ago:

https://geektyrant.com/news/lionsgat...llerina-script
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

that could be interesting, saying it doesn't carbon copy JW's style & pulls off the "lithe but deadly" -thing better than Columbiana or Point of No Return.....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

that could be interesting, saying it doesn't carbon copy JW's style & pulls off the "lithe but deadly" -thing better than Columbiana or Point of No Return.....

Tazer
Have you seen "Anna" that came out this year? That was pretty good. If it's like that, I'd be happy with it.

Colombiana was OK but that movie had no business being PG-13. The original script for that was actually Leon: The Professional 2, intended to have a grown up Natalie Portman.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post

I really like Colombiana, but I've shown it to others or discussed it with others and they mostly couldn't suspend disbelief in Zoe taking down so many big guys in hand-to-hand combat.

Quote:
...Colombiana was OK but that movie had no business being PG-13. The original script for that was actually Leon: The Professional 2, intended to have a grown up Natalie Portman.
I didn't know that. I noticed it was a Besson movie and I've picked up on his theme of killer or tough women, but I didn't know it was that closely related.

I'd love to see a movie of grown Mathilda. Even though a part of me knows that the happy ending would be for her to live a normal life, in my twisted love of assassins and snipers (at least fictional ones), I kind of think of the happy ending as her surpassing Leon's rep.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I didn't know that. I noticed it was a Besson movie and I've picked up on his theme of killer or tough women, but I didn't know it was that closely related.

I'd love to see a movie of grown Mathilda. Even though a part of me knows that the happy ending would be for her to live a normal life, in my twisted love of assassins and snipers (at least fictional ones), I kind of think of the happy ending as her surpassing Leon's rep.
10-13 years ago it would've been great to see a movie where she turns 18 and finally goes to get all of her money from Tony... but it's gone, paid to some overboss somewhere. Cue the killing and learning to be an assassin!

Nowadays it'd have to be Natalie already being a seasoned killer, taking on a protege of her own.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:56 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:

Nowadays it'd have to be Natalie already being a seasoned killer, taking on a protege of her own.
Pretty much; or something that challenges her status.