The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,181
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default John Wick spinoff: Ballerina

Eh, directed by Len Wiseman. And I guess we've already seen the main character in JW3:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/len-wise...wick-spin-off/

The original article from a couple of years ago:

https://geektyrant.com/news/lionsgat...llerina-script
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,965
Default

Yo.

that could be interesting, saying it doesn't carbon copy JW's style & pulls off the "lithe but deadly" -thing better than Columbiana or Point of No Return.....




Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,181
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

that could be interesting, saying it doesn't carbon copy JW's style & pulls off the "lithe but deadly" -thing better than Columbiana or Point of No Return.....




Tazer
Have you seen "Anna" that came out this year? That was pretty good. If it's like that, I'd be happy with it.

Colombiana was OK but that movie had no business being PG-13. The original script for that was actually Leon: The Professional 2, intended to have a grown up Natalie Portman.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,818
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
that could be interesting, saying it doesn't carbon copy JW's style & pulls off the "lithe but deadly" -thing better than Columbiana or Point of No Return.....


I really like Colombiana, but I've shown it to others or discussed it with others and they mostly couldn't suspend disbelief in Zoe taking down so many big guys in hand-to-hand combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
...Colombiana was OK but that movie had no business being PG-13. The original script for that was actually Leon: The Professional 2, intended to have a grown up Natalie Portman.
I didn't know that. I noticed it was a Besson movie and I've picked up on his theme of killer or tough women, but I didn't know it was that closely related.

I'd love to see a movie of grown Mathilda. Even though a part of me knows that the happy ending would be for her to live a normal life, in my twisted love of assassins and snipers (at least fictional ones), I kind of think of the happy ending as her surpassing Leon's rep.

__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,181
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I didn't know that. I noticed it was a Besson movie and I've picked up on his theme of killer or tough women, but I didn't know it was that closely related.

I'd love to see a movie of grown Mathilda. Even though a part of me knows that the happy ending would be for her to live a normal life, in my twisted love of assassins and snipers (at least fictional ones), I kind of think of the happy ending as her surpassing Leon's rep.
10-13 years ago it would've been great to see a movie where she turns 18 and finally goes to get all of her money from Tony... but it's gone, paid to some overboss somewhere. Cue the killing and learning to be an assassin!

Nowadays it'd have to be Natalie already being a seasoned killer, taking on a protege of her own.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:56 AM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,818
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
...

Nowadays it'd have to be Natalie already being a seasoned killer, taking on a protege of her own.
Pretty much; or something that challenges her status.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.