The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 09-24-2019, 02:37 AM   #3751
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I completed what I could from this last-of-the-season Iron Banner, but I couldn't complete that dumbass quest, so the armor sets are forever incomplete unless I manage them in the Shadowkeep era. I now have a lot of IB weapons lying around on my toons and Vault, gonna have to sort through them when I have time.

I think triple valor starts tomorrow, and since I'm at something like Mythic I right now, I should easily be able to do my last couple resets and get that triumph before everything is sealed up for good. Once I get that, I'll probably focus on running nightfalls and trying to get the Wendigo and Loaded Question weapons.

I didn't even try to load up Division 1 today for its global event because there isn't much of anything I want from it. I'd rather wait for Outbreak to come around again so that I can hopefully earn the final mask I need (170 marked headshots). I probably should dip a toe in to try doing group missions and see if those are my kind of fun.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #3752
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Link's Awakening HD is super cute, and the combination between the tilt-shift art style and the out-of-tune music box sound is charming as hell, but don't let that fool you. Hero Mode is brutally hard. Every enemy does double damage, but what really does you in is the absence of any hearts to replenish your health. Kill an enemy, nothing. Mow the lawn, nothing. Sprinkle magic powder over an anti-fairy, insta-kill, but it doesn't transform into a healing fairy like it usually does. You can buy three hearts at the store in the village, but good luck keeping those hearts on the way to a dungeon. And while Crazy Tracy's medicine will revive you once, it's hard enough to get to a dungeon boss, much less kill them.
I've beaten the first three dungeons, and I know it's getting harder from here. And it's awesome.
Sounds like a recipe for a headache. I'll play it on normal mode.

I really wish they'd have given "Link to the Past" that HD treatment, not "Link's Awakening." Hopefully they circle around and do so.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:32 PM   #3753
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

They've already built the engine, so porting Link to the Past to that style seems like a no-brainer.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:56 PM   #3754
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I think triple valor starts tomorrow, and since I'm at something like Mythic I right now, I should easily be able to do my last couple resets and get that triumph before everything is sealed up for good.
I keep hearing how triumphs will almost entirely remain and can continue to be unlocked, so maybe I was mistaken about some of this (damn conflicting info, confusing my brain!).

Playing Mayhem in the Crucible is slowly advancing my Redrix's Broadsword quest, even though it's a slaughterfest as per expected.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:30 AM   #3755
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finished my fifth reset so I should be good to go for when my Broadsword quest progress later. Very irritatingly, I didn't get the emblem I want and even though I saw a user on YouTube swear Shaxx drops it when you use tokens to rank up, I have turned in several hundred tokens and only ever get fucking armor and weapons, usually with unappealing rolls.

I'm gonna keep trying, because those other valor emblems are damn gorgeous.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:43 AM   #3756
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Today is the last day Destiny Flavor Text, a wildly popular Reddit account, made the rounds. They apparently are having a child and are not outright retiring, but are quieting down to focus on their private life for a while.

The Destiny sub-reddit is gushing its heart out over the whole thing, because the account has been a magnificent staple of the community, absolutely nailing their responses time and time again with one quote after another, never breaking character to the point a Disneyland employee would be jealous.

Not seeing them around, even for a little while, will be a terrible long wait before it's over and they return.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #3757
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I was just sitting here, surfing the site as usual, when something dawned on me: the Switch is just a Gameboy with a tv docking port

I'm right, aren't I?

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #3758
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Nintendo made everyone feel like a kid again.

Nintendo, 1. Adults, 0.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #3759
Tazer

Yo.

....I'm not seeing a "no" in that anywhere...

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:19 AM   #3760
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

....I'm not seeing a "no" in that anywhere...

Tazer
No. What they did was slap a different label on a GameCube, the best console they ever made, and got people to buy it all over again.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #3761
Tazer

Yo.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #3762
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm sorry, Tazer, but I can't hear your desperate denial over the gorgeous sound and design of my Resident Evil remake.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #3763
Space Cop
The Dandy

I can't really rule in since I have only ever owned an NES (now mini) and a Wii. I don't even have a friend with a Switch.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #3764
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

This is an Atari 2600 and BBC Micro conversation, so why don't you CD-I your way out.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:53 AM   #3765
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I don't own a Switch(yet) but am very glad to see Nintendo successful again. Without them in the picture, I don't see Sony and Microsoft trying to innovate other than more power and more set-top functions.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #3766
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
I'm sorry, Tazer, but I can't hear your desperate denial over the gorgeous sound and design of my Resident Evil remake.
that wasn't a denial; I was chuckling over yur reply....

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #3767
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
I don't own a Switch(yet) but am very glad to see Nintendo successful again. Without them in the picture, I don't see Sony and Microsoft trying to innovate other than more power and more set-top functions.
honestly, Id say Nintendos last big innovation to the industry was the Wii; and as innovations go it apparently didn't last long since they themselves didn't continue the control scheme in the 2 console offerings which came afterward.

IMNSHO, their BEST innovation was/is the potable market, and the Switch reflect that.
:/

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-04-2019, 10:12 PM   #3768
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

[COLOR="Yellow"]honestly, Id say Nintendos last big innovation to the industry was the Wii; and as innovations go it apparently didn't last long since they themselves didn't continue the control scheme in the 2 console offerings which came afterward.
That's not entirely true. You can use the Wii remote and nunchuk with the Wii U. It's pretty handy for Mario Party 10.

I really wish Nintendo had continued onward and upward with motion tech and the like. For the first time in forever, with the Wii it felt like Nintendo was finally remembering how to be a leader again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #3769
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So apparently I can't sign into Bungie's site because Sony won't authorize my access through the API, even though I used to sign in ages ago but whatever was done behind the scenes has changed everything because now my access is denied "on this server." I have no fucking idea what's going on.

I was going to use the official Destiny Companion App from Bungie to address any issues with clans (specifically checking out ones that send me invites and seeing if I want to join one group over another) and whatnot, but then I tried on my laptop, which, much to my shock and irritation, won't let me sign in. Guess I have to try the app and perhaps the site on my phone, see if those work.

If not, I may very well be SOL.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #3770
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm able to log into the Companion App, so I can access clans and other materials for more involved activities.

Last night my dad told me he had obtained all 12 Hunter masks in Division 2. I haven't been keeping up with that, so I decided to do some catching up. Just earned the last six, got the final Ivory Keys, and unlocked the special chest.

I needed the Specter, Demon, Phantom, Cross, Diamond, and Death masks. Demon mask was easy because all I really needed to do was make sure to clear Tidal Basin for the week before trying, but he can be summoned during the daytime. Specter required me to wait until night to shoot out windows in a specific order, but otherwise he went down easily as well.

The last four got the special treatment. It was a raging thunderstorm (in-game) and I was hesitant to engage them then due to possible visibility issues, but I went ahead to their area. Luck was with me and there was a civilian squad gathering resources right there, so I flipped the switch and ran circles.

Chaos erupted! Three Hunters spawn in and the civs engage them, barely managing to distract the nasty bastards while my trusty grenade launcher took them down. I noticed there was a fourth enemy, the elusive Phantom Hunter, and I couldn't get a clean line of sight for my GL so I winged it and mowed him down with my light machine gun.

I actually don't think any of the civs died, which is stunning because Hunters are absolute killing machines.

Well, that's one big endgame challenge crossed off the list.

Almost forgot, actually went ahead and joined a Div2 clan again, mostly so I can grab decent gear periodically. They actually have a good name, too, taking inspiration from the Last Man Battalion (the clan is called LM Battalion).

Last edited by Agent Purple; 10-06-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:48 AM   #3771
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

JMM: Decap Attack

One of my all-time favorite games, and a childhood Genesis favorite. Could never beat it because some parts were tricky, but I still love it and hope to see the guys or just Mike get through it some day.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #3772
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

One of my all-time favorite games, and a childhood Genesis favorite. Could never beat it because some parts were tricky, but I still love it and hope to see the guys or just Mike get through it some day.
I hadn't heard of or even seen it before watching that vid earlier today. Looks like fun.

Last edited by Space Cop; 10-08-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #3773
Tazer

Yo.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/fortnit...cocaine-canada

Quote:
'Fortnite' company may face class-action lawsuit over claims game as addictive as cocaine

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #3774
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I hadn't heard of or even seen it before watching that vid earlier today. Looks like fun.
If you can, play it. Incredibly fun and quirky title.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:47 AM   #3775
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I think I'll knuckle up pretty soon and get Shadowkeep so that I can play Season of the Undying in Destiny 2, since I find the "Undying" seal to be fairly appealing. Hopefully the grind isn't especially tedious, and hopefully people won't judge my punk ass for skipping Forsaken so that I can get a limited-time reward I like.