X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Florida GL fans here ???

Please sign in ...

Me = Highlands County, Florida ...

Nope, but I've been to Florida.. does that count? No? Ok. Just wanted to make some face time here
    Florida is a beautiful place, bob, you guys are lucky to live there!
    I'll go back some day!

Comment

we're actually gonna be moving within the next year or so to either arkansas or northern new york ... florida is a great place to visit, but it sucks to live here ... due to all the hurricane activity, insurance companies are a serious joke in florida ...

Comment

I'm not from Florida either, But I know its way better then Arkansas

BTW Bob, I may be heading to Hot Springs Arkansas next summer. How is it there? Besides being a dry county - I already know all about that
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Eh ??? I lived in Garland County which is part of Hot Springs ... Between the lakes and booze, I can promise that there's nothing dry about that area ... Don't get me wrong ... Florida has lots of cool stuff to do like Disney, NASA, Universal Studios, treasure hunting, gators, etc ... I simply wanna live again in an area where seasons change ... I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the snow and ice storms and tornados without hurricane involvement ...

Comment

Longwood Fl, Seminole county

thank god I'm not the only Florida boy here

Comment

Originally posted by bobservations View Post
              Eh ??? I lived in Garland County which is part of Hot Springs ... Between the lakes and booze, I can promise that there's nothing dry about that area ... Don't get me wrong ... Florida has lots of cool stuff to do like Disney, NASA, Universal Studios, treasure hunting, gators, etc ... I simply wanna live again in an area where seasons change ... I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the snow and ice storms and tornados without hurricane involvement ...
              I was under the inmpression that Hot Springs was in a dry county, a county where you can not purchase booze or beer ect ect. ??? Have I been misinformed?
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I never had a problem purchasing alcohol in Hot Springs ... In fact, there was a time when strip clubs outnumbered churches there, but that's changed now ... However, the supermarkets and liquor stores and gas stations still sell booze ... Plus, the local restaurants, like El Chico, Red Lobster, and others serve it ... There is also a Hot Springs County, so that area of Hot Springs may be dry, but Garland County, which emcompasses most of Hot Springs, most certainly is NOT dry ... It'd be safe to call Garland, the wetlands ... Got it ???

Comment

where the hell is highlands county?

Comment

I never had a problem purchasing alcohol in Hot Springs ... In fact, there was a time when strip clubs outnumbered churches there, but that's changed now ... However, the supermarkets and liquor stores and gas stations still sell booze ... Plus, the local restaurants, like El Chico, Red Lobster, and others serve it ... There is also a Hot Springs County, so that area of Hot Springs may be dry, but Garland County, which emcompasses most of Hot Springs, most certainly is NOT dry ... It'd be safe to call Garland, the wetlands ... Got it ???
                    This is in the city of Hot Springs where theres some famous old hotel and stuff. Is that Garland?
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Yep, but there's also Hot Springs Village where the ritzy people like Eric Estrada live ... I could be mistaken, but I think the Village is part of Hot Springs County ... When I last checked, HSV was a dry area ... Maybe, that's where yer source of info was talking about ...

Comment

Yep, but there's also Hot Springs Village where the ritzy people like Eric Estrada live ... I could be mistaken, but I think the Village is part of Hot Springs County ... When I last checked, HSV was a dry area ... Maybe, that's where yer source of info was talking about ...
                        Could be, there is a convention being held at that historical hotel in Hot Springs, this coming June (Its not a comic con) and I may be attending. The guys who are hosting and going to the convention are big drinkers so they where pissed about it being in a dry county but as you grew up there and you say the Hotel (I forget the name) is in a wet county I will believe you Bob

Now as I am not in Florida I will get the hell out of this Florida boys only thread you have posted
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I am from Florida and lived there for 33 years until me and my wife moved to San Antonio. I am from Apopka (Orange County). I know a couple of you have heard of it.

Comment

awesome I'm a longwood resident so I know it was good to leave apopka lol j/k

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                              Could be, there is a convention being held at that historical hotel in Hot Springs, this coming June (Its not a comic con) and I may be attending. The guys who are hosting and going to the convention are big drinkers so they where pissed about it being in a dry county but as you grew up there and you say the Hotel (I forget the name) is in a wet county I will believe you Bob
                              There are a few hotels on Bath House Row ... I'm sure that part of town is wet, because there are some bars and strip clubs down there ...

Now as I am not in Florida I will get the hell out of this Florida boys only thread you have posted
                              Hey there's plenty of Florida to share ... Stick around ... We'll let ya swim with the gators ...

Comment

Working...
                              X