X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Umm, that has never happened to me.
    When you get to be as old as Dave you have some really unique life experiences.

Comment

• Nothing better than dropping a bomb in an elevator and getting out. Seeing the doors close on the people you just trapped with your gaseous fumes like a tomb? Priceless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        it's like a half hearted attempt at a fart in an elevator where you try to gas out your friends for a laugh and end up just shitting your pants instead.
        I hate when that happens.

Comment

Nothing better than dropping a bomb in an elevator and getting out. Seeing the doors close on the people you just trapped with your gaseous fumes like a tomb? Priceless!

Comment

• Comment

Well, that's pretty much it for me. This is all fucking garbage. By this time this summer I think I'm out and done.
              I hate to hear it when a veteran fan gets so frustrated that he or she walks away. Will you quit only GL, or comics in general? Either way, I hope you'll still post here on the MB.

Actually, I'm intrigued at this point. I really thought Simon and Jessica would be gone by now. It will be interesting to see if they get some decent development now that they're seemingly being elevated.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                I hate to hear it when a veteran fan gets so frustrated that he or she walks away. Will you quit only GL, or comics in general? Either way, I hope you'll still post here on the MB.

Actually, I'm intrigued at this point. I really thought Simon and Jessica would be gone by now. It will be interesting to see if they get some decent development now that they're seemingly being elevated.
                I personally won't completely give up on DC (and if I did, I'd just complete my mighty Marvel collection), Just the Lanterns. Because they've sucked since Van Jensen imo, nothing in the main title has been truly worth reading since the (admittedly great) Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night. Tomasi and Van Jensen did great with GLC since, and that's pretty much it. Subscriptions cancelled indefinitely. Get rid of Vendetti and Captain Anonymous for writers and I'll spend money on GL again.

Comment

• According to EVS Kyle will be also part of "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CegHCLIW8AEe9fY.jpg:large

Comment

• Is that new? Why does Kyle still have that lame frigging white ring? Ugh.

DC is just making this decision easier and easier for me. One title of the two is pure garbage; two crappy characters in the lead I have zero interest in, with multicolored lanterns filling out the supporting cast and antagonists. Fuck THAT.

At least the one main title with Hal could CONCEIVABLY be good, even if I know deep down that it most likely won't be.

It's not even money, my comic habit here would cost me like 12 bucks a month for the two titles shipping twice a month. Plus trades. It's just lack of interest in even that at this point. GL is my anchor, and if I don't read that I won't be compelled to come in and buy other things I normally would for other pet characters.

What I intend to do at this point is tell my local shop to cancel my file when the books end at #52 or wherever they end. That will free me up to just pop in and flip through issues on the stand once in a while and see if I'm missing anything. Or buy the occasional trade. I still like trade reading a few indie titles.

Comment

• CREDIT: DC Comics
                      View full size image

Many fan favorite characters will return in Rebirth. A new Blue Beetle title features Jaime Reyes teaming up with Ted Kord, who will mentor the young hero. Wally West will get a version of his classic Kid Flash costume in Joshua Williamson's Flash, while Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner were all confirmed to be a part of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. DC Chief Creative Officer and the architect of Rebirth Geoff Johns also confirmed that the Legion of Super-Heroes, JSA, New Gods, and Shazam would all have a place in the post-Rebirth universe, but that each of these properties warranted a major story to herald their return, and needed room to breathe and not get lost among today's announcements.
                      So Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle all have to be jammed in ONE title so those two other shitbag characters can hog up a whole title? That just seems like a middle finger to the fans to me.

I'm glad John, Guy and Kyle all have a place to hang their hats, but it should be spread across two titles. Kill the terrorist and the other one, and use that title for a buddy team up book with Guy and John or Kyle. Then have the other be Hal and the corps with John or Kyle.

Comment

• It's a no brainer to put the two characters who carried the book for the longest terms together in a title as sector partners, but for some reason a few creators still think Hal and Kyle just can't co-exist on the same planet or in the same state [Cali].

When Kyle's wielding green energy again I'll care. We were finally done with the rest of the spectrum and now they're just dragging that shit back out of the closet like it's hasn't all already been done before [and to death IMHO].

~M~

Comment

• So if you guys are wondering what went into the thought process of these new titles read this thread. http://community.comicbookresources....Thread/page306

EVS is there trying to explain to JS fans about his involvement with the title after being told that he and Geoff need to leave DC. He posts there as Flabbergaster.

Comment

• Sciver is excellent, but the writers. Oh well, I can also use the subscription money to stock up on my newly discovered Bendis Daredevil! A heartfelt yay! And Happiest Easter Wishes to everyone here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                              According to EVS Kyle will be also part of "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CegHCLIW8AEe9fY.jpg:large
                              OF COURSE Kyle is still a freaking White Lantern

Comment

So Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle all have to be jammed in ONE title so those two other shitbag characters can hog up a whole title? That just seems like a middle finger to the fans to me.
                                Yep pretty much. If Johns and the rest wanted to make Baz and Cruz a thing they would put them in Hal and the GLC and have them learn under Hal or something and have Kyle, John, and Guy be the Earth Lanterns but noooooooo Johns has to put the characters he created in the spotlight because he is perfect and can do no wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X