Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #176
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
GL's total gross wasn't that great, but it wasn't all that bad either. The bloated budget was what lost all that money.
Yeah, if it had been a modest budget it would've been a minor success (not a blockbuster, but not a loser either).
Old 06-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #177
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah, if it had been a modest budget it would've been a minor success (not a blockbuster, but not a loser either).
That's probably true. I just want a GL movie that delivers what WW delivered. It doesn't have to be perfect or the best comic book movie of all time (though I would deal with that if it was!), I just want a single Green Lantern movie on my shelf that I can be proud of as a fan. That I can show family or friends, and just pop in for repeat viewings over the years. Just ONE good damn movie, forget sequels.

Wonder Woman fans got that, and I am extremely envious of them right now.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #178
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I showed this video clip to my wife last night and was like " WHAT???? Play it again!" And she wants to see Wonder Woman again.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #179
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
That's probably true. I just want a GL movie that delivers what WW delivered. It doesn't have to be perfect or the best comic book movie of all time (though I would deal with that if it was!), I just want a single Green Lantern movie on my shelf that I can be proud of as a fan. That I can show family or friends, and just pop in for repeat viewings over the years. Just ONE good damn movie, forget sequels.

Wonder Woman fans got that, and I am extremely envious of them right now.
um Dave you already have that

< link here

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #180
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I showed this video clip to my wife last night and was like " WHAT???? Play it again!" And she wants to see Wonder Woman again.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
LOL! And THIS is why girl comics are for girls!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #181
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
+ YouTube Video
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
LOL! And THIS is why girl comics are for girls!
I might've been more into it if they picked Nancy Sinatra singing. That cover is awful.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #182
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Even in superheroics, if you get all women in a room they will talk about shoes.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #183
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm glad Wonder Woman is the number one movie at the box office for the second week in a row.

I might see it again this week.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #184
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Yep. Which speaks highly of it and lowly of The Mummy. Poor Universal, you'll get this monster relaunch going one day.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #185
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

The film was amazing and I'm glad they dropped stuff like Diana having to win the right to go to man's world. I agree Chris Pine stole the show. My seven year old admitted it was the best superhero movie he's seen and he's seen most of them.

I'm a bit miffed the villain looked different from the original images shown. He looked better than the images, but even the toys look more like the original concept art (some sort of animal skull as part of the helmet).

As important as they made that sword I was surprised how that turned out.

~//V\\~
Old 06-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #186
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The trailers convinced me not to see The Mummy. It looked like they tried to make a "big" story out of it -- like what we see so often in comics now, with the whole damned world always under threat, if not the universe. The classic Universal movies were never about that.

I'm going to say something sacrilegious here. The remaining Universal monster movies should contain no CGI. By its nature, CGI greases the skids for "bigness" to get out of hand.

Something else they probably did wrong was to reboot The Mummy so soon after the highly successful Brendan Frasier movies. Something worked that well that recently, and now you're going to change it? The public probably won't get on board with that.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-13-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #187
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^Yep. Which speaks highly of it and lowly of The Mummy. Poor Universal, you'll get this monster relaunch going one day.
I feel bad for Universal. I REALLY want them to get that franchise off the ground but they keep dropping the ball. I actually loved the Wolf Man remake and am still sad that movie wasn't the Launchpad they wanted it to be.

As for Wonder Woman, it has had some good fortune of having nothing but duds in its way. If this were a better summer season it wouldn't be doing as well as it is. Good for WW fans, enjoy it while it lasts!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #188
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Wonder Woman's definitely my favourite and the best DCEU film so far in my opinion. Cast very well, I disagree that Pine overshadowed Gadot, I think they worked very well together. Costumes were good, my Dad remarked they got the military uniforms and gear right, which a lot of films fuck up on somehow. I liked the plot as well, I can't really fault anything off the top of my head tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 AM   #189
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I've encountered someone on another message board that had a problem with the fact that the movie portrayed WWI Germans as mustache twirlingly evil (including a general who was in fact a real, historical person instead of a made-up movie villain) unfairly, in his opinion. Of course he was German, so I imagine he would be more sensitive to that sort of thing.

Just so you don't think he was just uniformly pro-German, he was clear that he doesn't have the same problem when WWII Nazis are portrayed that negatively, but that he thought that WWI wasn't the same in that regard.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 AM   #190
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I hear people who make that confusion pretty often, assuming the war issues and mentalities were identical to WWII.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #191
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I finally saw Wonder Woman last weekend to a STILL packed theater. That goes to illustrate the good word of mouth and popularity of the film.

Act 1 was great. I loved Themyscira its visuals, the Amazons and Diana's training. Chris Pine and Gal Gadot had pretty good chemistry throughout the film. I didn't care for Diana's childlike naivety when it came to humanity, war and the obsession with chasing after Ares. It was a bit too over the top for me.

Ares was a garbage adversary and the final battle was too CGI-infused for me... and I didn't care for Diana using her bracelets to harness and hurl lightning. A better enemy for Diana to fight, and someone that would have been more on her level would have been Circe. Going with the 'betrayal from within' angle while using Ares as a subplot to build for the next installment would have worked better, I think.

Overall, I liked the film; Gal Gadot made an excellent Wonder Woman and everything about Themyscira was fantastic, but their representation of Ares was awful. Still, this movie was fun, and that's the element that has been void in DC's films to date.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #192
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah, Ares wasn't great and the CGI was pretty bad in the third act, which is why it's not in my top 10 comic book films. However, I still think the film it great and I'm going to see again tomorrow for a matinee.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #193
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

WONDER WOMAN College Scholarship Set Up By Warner Bros.