The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,684
Default Fuck the PC police

Their imbecility needs its own thread. I'll kick it off with this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/loudoun-c...ial-undertones
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #2
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Welcome to socialism. Newest thing is math is racist so it has to be dumbed down because its somehow favored for whites and Asians. Math has bever been my strong suit yet i guess me being white somehow gives me a advantage. Only a matter of time before its mandatory to paint snow with black spray paint because somehow snow being white has to do with slavery. Fruit loops cereal will have to change its name to not offend the gay community. Fudge will be banned because its somehow anti gay. Personalally i think black history month , cinco de mayo ,gay pride, national womens day should be banned since it discriminaties against straight white people that are male
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-27-2021 at 10:30 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Yeah, that's just dumb. Show me the grade school student of color who, without extensive parental prompting, has ever felt oppressed by the reading of Dr. Suess.

Go ahead, I'll wait...

What's that? Can't find any? How can THAT be?! There are such CLEAR racist undertones!

There seems to be a group of people who justify their existence purely by looking to tear down stuff that other people like. And there are always people ready to take the word of these people when they say what they should be offended by.

I'd find this more understandable if it was some kind of attack on Dr. Suess as a person, like they found some writings of his where he explicitly stated racist sentiments, and they wanted to cancel all his works because he personally offended them.
EDIT: Apparently this is true as well, particularly where it comes to Japanese.

I'd still think that was an overreach, especially against a guy who is dead, and therefore cannot defend himself, but at least that would make more sense than the notion that "The Cat in the Hat" or "Green Eggs and Ham" are somehow racist in and of themselves.

EDIT:Apparently there are some works with overt stereotypes. I'd have little issue with choosing to omit those few works. But this seems to be wider than that, finding racism everywhere in his works where it seems a MASSIVE stretch.
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-01-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Shakespeare is also being cancelled
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Yeah, that's just dumb. Show me the grade school student of color who, without extensive parental prompting, has ever felt oppressed by the reading of Dr. Suess.

Go ahead, I'll wait...

What's that? Can't find any? How can THAT be?! There are such CLEAR racist undertones!

There seems to be a group of people who justify their existence purely by looking to tear down stuff that other people like. And there are always people ready to take the word of these people when they say what they should be offended by.

I'd find this more understandable if it was some kind of attack on Dr. Suess as a person, like they found some writings of his where he explicitly stated racist sentiments, and they wanted to cancel all his works because he personally offended them.
EDIT: Apparently this is true as well, particularly where it comes to Japanese.

I'd still think that was an overreach, especially against a guy who is dead, and therefore cannot defend himself, but at least that would make more sense than the notion that "The Cat in the Hat" or "Green Eggs and Ham" are somehow racist in and of themselves.

EDIT:Apparently there are some works with overt stereotypes. I'd have little issue with choosing to omit those few works. But this seems to be wider than that, finding racism everywhere in his works where it seems a MASSIVE stretch.
I dont think anything should be changed. Then people will demand the Bible should be changed because it oppresses women. Do we change the word of god if you are a believer or superstitious? How far does this go before people realize there chasing this phantom of everything is offensive? Do we change holocaust history because some non Jewish person says its offensive? What if i said do away with black history month like Morgan freeman has? What if i say gay pride offends me ? Id be told im not being excepting and call me a bigot
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-01-2021 at 07:30 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:47 PM   #6
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

I don't think the works should actually be changed, or destroyed or anything like that. I just don't have an issue with a school, out of the MYRAIDS of Dr. Seuss books available, choosing not to feature the few that have images like this:



or this:

__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-01-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I don't think the works should actually be changed, or destroyed or anything like that. I just don't have an issue with a school, out of the MYRAIDS of Dr. Seuss books available, choosing not to feature the few that have images like this:



or this:

I doubt its anyone in the Asian community asking for this though. Its usually transgender white people or black who are the ones deciding what is offensive. My cousins wife who is 100 percent Japanese and from Japan wouldnt find this offensive. I would think her opinion matters no? My family consists of almost all races. 8 cousins half Latino one married a black man. My cousin out west married a phillipina. My other cousin whos married to a Japanese woman and lives with her in Japan. All we need now is Arabic indian and Brazilian and we are all set. One giant chex mix family we even have one gay relative even that relative says they think this whole thing is nuts and dosnt want to be a tool for politics involving gay rights or transgender. It may sound unbelievable but truth is im lucky to have such family because i can pick there brain and not have to worry if i offend any of them.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-01-2021 at 08:13 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:10 PM   #8
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Should your cousin's wife's opinion count? Sure. Should it be THE determining factor? Not so much. I do think that, if she was sending her kids to a school where they were proposing avoiding that particular book, then she should get to weigh in.

You really don't think the lower picture, depicting (according to the accompanying text in the book) people from Africa, is something anybody would find problematic?
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:19 PM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Should your cousin's wife's opinion count? Sure. Should it be THE determining factor? Not so much. I do think that, if she was sending her kids to a school where they were proposing avoiding that particular book, then she should get to weigh in.

You really don't think the lower picture, depicting (according to the accompanying text in the book) people from Africa, is something anybody would find problematic?
I think if someone has race or everything is offensive on there mind theyll see everything as offensive. Its almost like conspiracy theory behaviour wich i myself bought into. Once you think one thing is a conspiracy theory your going to second guess everything of whats real whats not. Its almost like mania if i have to describe it from experience. I believe racism exists but i also think people use racism because they dont like it when someone thinks the same. As a white male are you offended when people assume your rich with a luxury lifestyle or because of your skin life is simple? What about the stigma that only white people commit incest or they love country music and live in a trailer wearing jeans and a wife beater ? Im on the autism spectrum for aspergers. Do i get offended when south park or family guy do touchy out of the park autism jokes? Nope. I have to laugh at myself . Humor is the best medicine. Society looks at people with aspergers as if they cant take care of themselves wich i dont find offensive but i find it annoying. I function and live by myself ive held jobs despite some meltdowns but im no different than you or anybody. Im not ashamed of it either because it could be worse. Im also not afraid to use myself as a example to make a valid point. For 36 years ive allowed people decide who i am and i dont anymore i cut all that negative shit out. Society today needs to stop letting others and laws tell them who they are and be themselves wether its disability race gender sex big tall fat skinny regular height dwarf height blind or sighted deaf or hearing. I know you didn't ask me but my aspergers i have a hard time with social interaction relationships and social ques i get aggressive and repetitive. I thouht it was very important to put that out there
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-01-2021 at 08:44 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #10
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Offended? Not really. Amused, maybe.

If I were to get offended by anything related to that sort of stereotyping, it would be to actions taken because of it. Verbal or physical abuse. Or robbery predicated on an idea that I must have plenty of extra. Those would offend me, but not the assumptions themselves.

Though of course, that's the sort of things (offensive actions based on mistaken assumptions) many races HAVE had to deal with historically (and in some cases still do today), so in those cases I find it a bit more understandable if they get more upset by the mistaken assumptions than I would (especially if those assumptions were more negative).
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Offended? Not really. Amused, maybe.

If I were to get offended by anything related to that sort of stereotyping, it would be to actions taken because of it. Verbal or physical abuse. Or robbery predicated on an idea that I must have plenty of extra. Those would offend me, but not the assumptions themselves.

Though of course, that's the sort of things (offensive actions based on mistaken assumptions) many races HAVE had to deal with historically (and in some cases still do today), so in those cases I find it a bit more understandable if they get more upset by the mistaken assumptions than I would (especially if those assumptions were more negative).
See the the thing is if i wanted to know someones buisness id just ask. I dont need to know nor do i need it forced on me to comply i have to acknowledge anything if someone is straight gay bi transgender i also dont find coming out as brave and courageous. Fighting fires is courageous joining the military and dying for your country is courageous, being a cop in todays world is courageous. Being a first time parent and not bailing is courageous . Being a man in todays society where the me too movement can make any alligation to ruin a man is courageous.Sexuality and gender is courageous? Really? I think forcing people they have to accept something when they choose not to be involved is very invasive expecially when public schools on the tax payers dime teach transgender classes as early as pre k wich i feel is wrong. I Also think the whole transgender movement is peoples way of saying look at me look at me give me attention. If men and women are truly equal why is transgender a thing or why does it exist ? Im not denying anyone there humanity because we are all human but why is it wrong or offensive to ask questions? No law state or federal can force me to like anybody. I decide what i like or what i stand for and with how the world is going currently i hate everyone equally. I may be a asshole but i dont believe in being fake where life is perfect and despite how i respond im 100 percent honest
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-02-2021 at 05:42 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #12
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,684
Default

And fuck everybody who bows down to them.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:09 AM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
And fuck everybody who bows down to them.
Agreed! Fuck them with a aids ridden dick
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:03 AM   #14
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,014
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Agreed! Fuck them with a aids ridden dick
Well, we never have to worry about Tazz being too PC.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:44 AM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, we never have to worry about Tazz being too PC.
Fuuuuck no pc is for pussies. Btw dr suess books are now banned from being sold on ebay yet hitlers mein kampf can be purchased. Talk about lunacy and horrible human morals when talking about race and offensive material in 2021. Todays world feels like the twilight zone. Next thing you know white crayons will be segregated or removed not to offend black and brown crayons or fruit loops cereal changes its name to not offend the lgbtq because the word fruit is offensive. Or lucky the leprechaun from lucky charms would be changed to not offend the Irish . They did before in the 80s by making the mascot a wizard but people prefered the original mascot. This is beyond insane.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-05-2021 at 04:08 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 AM   #16
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

So pepi le pew is cancelled. People really need to have there head examined. I find Michael Jackson offensive for bleaching his skin so can we cancel Michael Jackson or do we just continue deciding old cartoons from 50 years ago are offensive?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-09-2021 at 12:44 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #17
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,295
Default

ya know i can't help but wonder with the new WandaVision out and all how long it'll be before "White-Vision" is racist..................... ya know cause he's white..................like really white
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:38 PM   #18
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
ya know i can't help but wonder with the new WandaVision out and all how long it'll be before "White-Vision" is racist..................... ya know cause he's white..................like really white
The national anthem will probably change the lyrics from home of the brave to something like home of the easily offended pussies.And the statue of liberty will be a trans person instead of a woman because a mental disorder like transgenderism must be accepted and called brave.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-09-2021 at 06:40 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:08 AM   #19
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,684
Default

Charles M. Blow needs my whole leg up his ass.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...030055782.html
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:53 AM   #20
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Charles M. Blow needs my whole leg up his ass.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...030055782.html
Watch porky pig will be cancelled next because hes a stutterer and he somehow represents bullying or elmer fudd gorifies violence for being a hunter i also read for space jam 2 lola bunny was changed as well. I believe cancel culture wined about she was oversexualized yet calls cardi b's wap song and video women empowerment . Also a show like married with children Wouldn't get over because todays culture is softer than a tae bo kick. This world really is retarded. Also does space jam even need a sequel? I mean the first one was enough to where its one and done. Same for avatar by james cameron . Great film but 3 sequels? I Pass on it because the way it ended in the first one was perfect. Not everything needs to be milked and over stay its welcome. The Simpsons and Law and order svu are prime examples of beating a dead brand
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-11-2021 at 03:05 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:01 AM   #21
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,014
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Pepe is pretty rapey, but I excused it because he's a stinking Frenchman.

__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:12 AM   #22
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Pepe is pretty rapey, but I excused it because he's a stinking Frenchman.

Notice how they focus on the ''rape'' part but not the French smell stereotype? I mean what next is seduction going to be defined as rape tendency next ? Also Notice how every chicken commercial always has black people in them? Wheres the cancel popeyes kfc and browns chicken groups at saying those commercials depict black people as chicken lovers and racial stereotype ? Im telling you this is a clensing of white people.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-11-2021 at 03:18 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:14 AM   #23
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,014
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Notice how they focus on the ''rape'' part but not the French smell stereotype?
I was thinking that. When I saw just the headline before I was thinking "for the French thing or the date rape thing?"

On a related note, will the trans community now claim Bugs Bunny as a trailblazing hero/ine?

__________________

Last edited by Space Cop; 03-11-2021 at 03:17 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:19 AM   #24
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I was thinking that. When I saw just the headline before I was thinking "for the French thing or the date rape thing?"

On a related note, will the trans community now claim Bugs Bunny as a trailblazing hero/ine?

Oh if anything thell cancel elmer fudd because hes a gun loving hunter who promotes violence
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:39 AM   #25
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Pepe is pretty rapey, but I excused it because he's a stinking Frenchman.

( ok i'll play)

why wait 70+ years to come forwarded, is it because he's on his death-bed and they want to milk him dry (yeah i'm using the Bill Cosby defense what of it)

where's the dna evidence? where's the proof?
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.