The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 02-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Default Mr. Potato Head gets castrated

Well, this is some bullshit. Fuck Hasbro.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mist...163741315.html
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Yea this is nothing fuck hasbro with a rusty screwdriver did you see the coca cola thing about being less white? I think black history month and mlk day should be changed since we dont wanna offend anyone. Hell lets cancel Ramadan since people find Christmas offensive

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-25-2021 at 07:30 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:30 PM   #3
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Eh, if it still contains features that allow you to make it look like a male, but they just also include female features? I don't see that as all that radical, but rather just a way of marketing the toy to a wider audience without having to create two separate versions (one of which I expect sold MUCH better than the other). If they get rid of any features that aren't rigidly gender neutral altogether? Then that's just dumb, and will probably bite them in the butt.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Eh, if it still contains features that allow you to make it look like a male, but they just also include female features? I don't see that as all that radical, but rather just a way of marketing the toy to a wider audience without having to create two separate versions (one of which I expect sold MUCH better than the other). If they get rid of any features that aren't rigidly gender neutral altogether? Then that's just dumb, and will probably bite them in the butt.
If hasbro really wanted to be gender neutral or cater to the trans weirdos they could of done it with transformers since they never use mr and mrs and with transforming people can be whatever. But dropping mr from potato head is there bs way to cave to the mob about gender pro nouns. Does dc drop woman from wonder woman to just wonder so it Wouldn't upset the trans weirdos?

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-25-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
IonFan
Forum Member

welcome to PC

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Actually, if it has both options, you could save money and get a two-fer.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 PM   #7
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Actually, if it has both options, you could save money and get a two-fer.
Well, yeah. That's what I think this is more about, frankly. They may be trying to score points with somebody, too (or that could just be an interpretation forced on the move), but ultimately I suspect this is more about consolidating a product line where one part has always sold MUCH better than the other, anyway. Why keep making Mr. AND Mrs. Potato Head, when you can just make one product, and appeal to both target audiences?
Old 02-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #8
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Why keep making Mr. AND Mrs. Potato Head, when you can just make one product, and appeal to both target audiences?
Um because the idiotic trans community really believes gender is a option. There goal is to eliminate legitimate science of there being 2 genders that being man woman. If people can choose there gender why cant i at 36 say im 15 because in my mind and i feel im 15? Its not realistic. I can change my birthday but iill still be 36 . It dosent change when i popped out of my mom's womb in December 84

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-25-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #9
Mister Ed

But for a Potato Head, gender really IS an option. I mean the toy has ALWAYS had the ability to add and remove whatever features you want. (Heck, originally, it was JUST features, wasn't it? Didn't it originally require you to supply the actual potato?) Once you take off all the features, you literally cannot tell a Mr. Potato Head from a Mrs. Potato Head. All I'm saying is that from Hasbro's perspective it may make good business sense to just combine the two into one product, even ignoring what the Trans community might think about it.

Heck, somewhere I've got a Happy Meal toy version where it was designed so that you just turn the hat and ears around, and swap out the face, to turn Mr. into Mrs.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-25-2021 at 10:10 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #10
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

It doesn’t hurt anything if it’s just Potato Head. People freaking out over nothing. And using “castrated” to describe this is ridiculous.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:55 AM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
It doesn’t hurt anything if it’s just Potato Head. People freaking out over nothing. And using “castrated” to describe this is ridiculous.
Can you be anymore of a suckup? So we cater to feelings over facts? Im a grown man with 36 years of being a man who thinks its idiotic to allow toy companie buisnesses even government decide that mr or mrs is harmful or how a woman who transitions knows what its like to biologically think like a male and competing with having a penis. Us biological men are programed to want to nail anything and jack off because lets get real we have a crazy sex drive. I also believe men who transitions into woman dont know what its like to biologically go through pms menopause getting and being pregnant or breast feeding. Men dont have the gland women do to naturaly produce milk despite a boob job. Im a Christian i also believe government shouldnt define marriage wether its man woman man man woman woman. I dont dislike gays but I think its crazy to force churches to perform same sex marriages despite the constitution seperating the church and state. Also ask yourself this why is the definition of marriage only tied to Catholicism and Christianity but not Islam or Hinduism? Go into a mousqe tell the person who leads the service he has to perform a same sex wedding. See what happens . You call it hate suppression oppression but disagreeing isnt hate . People use words and dont know the meaning behind said words. I tell people all the time use a dictionary before using any words . I do i like being preapared For debates and arguments like this. Reading and knowledge is the best weapon anyone can have. Would you support mattel if they dropped he-man as a name to be more accepting to the weirdo's who find the words he and man offensive? Hell does masters of the universe drop the word masters so people dont link it to slavery or it somehow offends the black community ? Do we ban fudge now because gays find the word fudge as a slur to gays? Where is a line drawn? Id tell you to grow a dick and balls but youd remove or tuck them so take your time really think about it ok buffalo bill? Dont put the lotion in the bucket just put the lotion on the skin and only mutilate yourself dont be mutilating fat women for there skin after abducting them

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-26-2021 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:23 AM   #12
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

If it didn't matter, then why did they go to the trouble to do it? And why is it all over the news?

It mattered until they deservedly got ridiculed for it.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:27 AM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
If it didn't matter, then why did they go to the trouble to do it? And why is it all over the news?

I know right? I wonder if they will make barbie gender neutral next im betting they wont but theyll push a race swap. Even better a gender neutral muslim barbie. Id be currious to see how the muslim community reacts. As much as i want to be a dad myself im glad i dont have any kids because of all this nonsense going on about transgenders can join the opposite sexs sports wich i said on Facebook if people are ok with that why not allow intergender sports where men v women in boxing or mma and quit hiding behind transgenderisim? Transgender bathrooms or this anti white agenda with universities and now coca cola. I realize i sound ignorant and rammbling but this shit gets to me. And again im not advocating For violence but why is it a taboo to ask questions or question things? Its gotten to the point where pro transgenders and anti transgenders cant sit in a room to discuss disagreements because there mind is already made up your the transphobic asshole and its there way or the highway. We may as well be robots linked to one hive intelligence because free thinking is somehow hurtful

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-26-2021 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #14
Booster Beetle

Quote:

Iím not saying they didnít do it to get brownie points. Iím saying to scream and whine and say castration is unwarranted.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:56 PM   #15
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Stuff like that is what got Trump elected.

The next Trump will probably be much smarter than the first one, and much more successful.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #16
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Here's another one -- the idea that people who were born with testicles should be allowed to compete against woman in sports. All you have to do is say you're a woman, and presto, you can pay sports against women.

If Bruce Jenner had claimed that he was a woman and wanted to compete against women in the Olympic Decathlon in 1976, he'd have been laughed out of public life. Today though he'd be encouraged to go right ahead.

This stuff is why Trump was elected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...se/ar-BB1e2Xot

Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-26-2021 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #17
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Here's another one -- the idea that people who were born with testicles should be allowed to compete against woman in sports. All you have to do is say you're a woman, and presto, you can pay sports against women . . .
A runner from CT is suing too.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM   #18
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I’m not saying they didn’t do it to get brownie points. I’m saying to scream and whine and say castration is unwarranted.
sticking with strains argument about transgender althetes why hide behind the people can choose there gender argument when you can strictly legalize men v women wich includes combat sports? Its the same damn thing ! being transgender is a loophole. Aaaaand before you call me a misogynist sexist asshole how many women do you see putting out forest fires, hauling moving lifting heavy furniture? How many women do you see out at sea doing a job that requires capturing fish oysters lobster ect like you see on the deadliest catch? There not stopped from doing it because of there gender but real women are bioloically less stronger than men in pysichal strength. Women who won the right to vote in 1920 were able to refuse the military draft. Men never had that option. Right now the military is changing its training courses and are now less mean during boot camp because of hurt feelings. The military trains you for survival and how to handle intense situations. Todays generation is so weak they cant handle the smallest criticism. If you get sent over seas to a war the enemy wont give 2 shits about your feelings. You think a terrorist is just going to say ok sweetheart heres a hug and a pat on the ass or a rub and tug? Before you say thats a different scenario it isnt because you flat out said you have no issue with this that or the other and people are over reacting

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-26-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #19
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Now nabisco and oreo are getting involved by saying transgenders exist. Its like dude your a cookie company why get involved in this lunacy?

Old 02-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #20
Booster Beetle

It’s not lunacy for companies to let people know they aren’t run by bigots. Brown-nosing yes. Lunacy no.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:41 PM   #21
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
It’s not lunacy for companies to let people know they aren’t run by bigots. Brown-nosing yes. Lunacy no.
So your going to dodge my intergender post hmmmmmm? Before you say stuff like people are over reacting you better be prepared.

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-26-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #22
Mister Ed

Quote:
Here's another one -- the idea that people who were born with testicles should be allowed to compete against woman in sports. All you have to do is say you're a woman, and presto, you can pay sports against women.
Yeah, that's just ludicrous, and obviously so. It is simply absurd to deny that there are at least SOME situations in which biology is relevant, and sports is one of them.

I find it especially egregious that some of these transgender athletes are trying to apply Title IX protections to force them to be allowed to compete against people of the opposite biological sex. Title IX is SUPPOSED to (among other things) protect the rights of female athletes to equal athletic opportunity. It is why you must have a women's track team if you've got a men's one, so that women have an opportunity to compete without having to compete for spots against men. To abuse that to force women to compete against people who are biologically male is a ridiculous abuse of the regulation.