Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comixology starts running Volume 3

Hey all,

This was the run that got me into Green lantern full time (I think I jumped on at issue 23 or so It was right at the end of the Star Sapphire storyline)

Comixology has been doing bits and pieces of Volume 3 for a while now and nearly all of those were Post ET Last week they added issues 31 and 32 which were part of a cross-over with the 87-09 Flash run starring Wally West.

Today Comixology starts off two story-lines at once
    First, The Road Back with issues 1 and 2

Then The Third Law with Issues 32 and 33

(Note that The Third Law takes place AFTER the Ganthet's Tale One-Shot)

I've loved reading these comics since my College years and i'm glad I'll be able to have them available digitally.

Edit:
    Yo! What's up with Arisia's Arms?!? do all Graxons(sp?) have stretchy upper arms like that?
    Lantern2814.20850
    Green Lantern
    Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM.
    Green Lantern Unlimited!

How do those older comics look in digital?

LOL on Arisia's arms.

Comment

They need to do "A Guy and His G'nort", if they haven't already!

Comment

The Comics look great comixology does Top quality scans. (actually the covers shown are directly from my DC comics iPad app. That's pretty much how every page looks They usually do two issues a week per Title so we should get a Guy and his G'Nort in about 4 weeks (give or take.)
        Lantern2814.20850
        Green Lantern
        Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 11-08-2012, 05:21 AM.
        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

This week Comixology dispenses with the Third Law and instead focuses the attention on The Road Back with issues 3-6

On the Other Hand Comixology has also gone back to the previous run (1976-1986) and this time they've started at Green Lantern 172

(they also released 173 but apparently there's some glitch present as the cover shown is for the aforementioned issue 6 of the 1990-2004 run...........Edit: i wrote to them via facebook regarding the glitches and they've been corrected.)
          Lantern2814.20850
          Green Lantern
          Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 11-16-2012, 05:03 AM.
          Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Hey all, This week Comixology concludes the first storyline in Green Lantern (1990-2004)
            THE ROAD BACK with issues 7-8

Then they jump ahead to the post ET issues with #94 which is the beginning of a two part crossover with Superboy (1994-2002)
            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Well, as you can tell by my Avatar and sig I'm celebrating Comixology's latest offerings
              The First two parts of a four part story in which Guy Gardner is made the 'Official" Lead GL of Space Sector 2814.......and then the other shoe drops, when guy is surprised to find he has company in the form of a canine GL named G'Nort who claims he was given freedom to patrol whatever sector's he sees fit. when Guy asks the Guardians what the score is, they tell him they never heard of the shaggy GL, and assign Guy to investigate the source of G'Nort's membership claims.
              Green Lantern issues 9-10 A Guy and his G'Nort (the Green Lantern Corps will never be the same)
              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Awesome! Now I feel the urge to dig these out and read them again.

Comment

A Guy and His G'nort hold a special place in my heart. I had already been a GL fan for some years, but I only just got started actually collecting. I remember taking this particular arc to the hospital to re-read when I had my first (of many) surgeries.

Comment

This week we only get one issue of each run from Comixology's back issue offerings of

Of course, we get a major cliffhanger at the end of this issue which makes it even more agonizing....(if they decide to hold off 'til January to release the next issue it'd REALLY be like old times....hmmm better not give 'em any ideas lol)
                    Lantern2814.20850
                    Green Lantern
                    Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM.
                    Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Sadly, No new issue this week

Cov w/ Comixology via Facebook

Michael Kramer: No Green Lanterns this week?!?
                      according to the Blog Monday we should have gotten
                      Green Lantern (1990-2004) #12 and
                      Green Lantern (1976-1986) #179

but i'm not seeing them on the app nor the main site

ComiXology Sorry about that Michael, these books are not available this week! We'll let you know if that changes.
                      15 minutes ago

Michael Kramer that's ok (fortunately I HAVE the original hardcopies but they bothe left cliffhangers last week so i'm suddenly getting the feeling I used tio get when i was buying them the first time around....just don't make us wait a whole month ok? lol.
                      12 minutes ago

ComiXology We know the feeling well, we'll keep our eyes peeled for word from DC
                      11 minutes ago
                      Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Well, we had a week off but today we get two issues of

to make up for it.... (did I mention how much i LOVE doing that? )
                        So this week ends "A Guy and his G'Nort" with Guy burning out the anti-oan power holding him and G'Nort. and taking down the Qwardians and their phony Green Lanterns.
                        We then skip Green Lantern 13 and jump into the next major story arc in volume 3 called Mosaic...(this, in turn would lead to an ongoing title in it's own right starring John Stewart
                        (I honestly hope that after this storyline ends, they go ahead and start running Mosaic alongside Volume 3)
                        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Well, this is really starting to look like John Stewart Appreciation Month! Over in Volume 2 John has just been selected to replace Hal Jordan and here in volume 3 of

John continues his struggle to hold the Mosaic together before it erupts into a full scale interplanetary...World War!
                          Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

If I search for 'Mosaic' I only get one issue... does the Mosaic storyline continue in the main run of volume 3? I thought it was a separate series to GL?

Comment

Originally posted by The Beige Lantern View Post
                              If I search for 'Mosaic' I only get one issue... does the Mosaic storyline continue in the main run of volume 3? I thought it was a separate series to GL?
                              It was both. It started as the after effects to Old Timer's rebellion (that's in the issues from vol. 3 you see below). Then it spun off.

Comment

Working...
                              X