The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Stop him in his tracks. Even though he was mostly robotic, his higher functions still originated in his brain, and his face wasn't protected, so you'd think that would be an area to concentrate fire upon.
Maybe my anatomy is rusty, but I think you can't really hit somebody's brain by shooting their mouth unless you've got quite a bit of an upward angle going on. Did anybody actually shoot at him from close enough for that kind of angle to be possible? All the areas of his head that would make for a good chance of hitting his brain were armored.

Plus, how do we know there isn't a metal plate in the roof of his mouth?
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-18-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The bed of whoever pays for the night.
Posts: 5,788
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Apart from the helmet, Robojacs version looks cool. I don't mind the new design other than the helmet. Change the helmet, then it's cool ennougth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
(even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #28
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Perhaps, but wouldn't you concentrate fire on the apparent weak spot or continue to shoot at his fortified chest?

When I was a kid, that's the problem I had with this flick.
I will say, that, though I don't think not hitting that small target is TOO unbelievable (and I still question how much good it would do), you would think that we would at least see some bullets bouncing off his head from people at least TRYING for a headshot.

Seems to me that you'd be better off aiming for the joints on the arm that carries the gun. Not that THAT would be an easy shot, either.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 12,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Maybe my anatomy is rusty, but I think you can't really hit somebody's brain by shooting their mouth unless you've got quite a bit of an upward angle going on.
Actually, behind the mouth cavity is the brain stem. Instant kill if that get a bullet through it.

But then, we're going ultra-realistic for a work of fantasy. Ruins the fun of the film.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #30
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,110
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojac View Post


I didn't make this image but I found it somewhere online. I don't know if it's any better but it pays more of a homage to the original suit.
doesnt look like a cyborg, but like a guy in a suit.

and wtf does he need abdominal armor plates for?!??


Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone85 View Post
Another Concept Art

this guy looks like superhero or an alien, not a cyborg cop in the New Detroit PD......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Even trained snipers don't go for the Hollywood Headshot; it's a waste of time and effort. You aim for center mass.

Those who do end up with headshots are typically extremely lucky.
yea, but those same snipers would be hard pressed to find a good weak spot on Murphy aside from his face; his chest & ab-area was REAL fucking thick.




Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #31
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Actually, behind the mouth cavity is the brain stem. Instant kill if that get a bullet through it.
I doubt it would be an instant kill in this case. I highly doubt that it is still regulating cardiac and respiratory function in Robocop, which is what would make it such an instant kill usually.

In fact, when I read up on the functions of the brain stem, I'm not sure how many of them still have much relevance in Robocop's case. I'm not even sure that they used Murphy's brainstem at ALL. I thought they only retained portions of his brain.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #32
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 25,324
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Even trained snipers don't go for the Hollywood Headshot; it's a waste of time and effort. You aim for center mass.

Those who do end up with headshots are typically extremely lucky.
True, but
(1) With the weapons and ammo they use, they don't need head shots (unless the torso is obscured).
(2) There is always [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique_Drill]The Mozambique Drill [/url] when torso shots fail to take down the target.
(3) Mob hits are well known for doing one to the chest and one to the head (a variation on the military's "double tap") as both insurance and a sign.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #33
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 12,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
yea, but those same snipers would be hard pressed to find a good weak spot on Murphy aside from his face; his chest & ab-area was REAL fucking thick.
Part of the reason why they started to use explosive anti-tank rounds against him later in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I doubt it would be an instant kill in this case. I highly doubt that it is still regulating cardiac and respiratory function in Robocop, which is what would make it such an instant kill usually.

In fact, when I read up on the functions of the brain stem, I'm not sure how many of them still have much relevance in Robocop's case. I'm not even sure that they used Murphy's brainstem at ALL. I thought they only retained portions of his brain.
That's why I commented about such realistic discussions killing the fun of a fantasy work. Who the fuck wants to bother with such things when you have a badass cyborg policeman shooting the shit out of street thugs?
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

It's just a different KIND of fun.

But yeah, you don't bother with such stuff while actually WATCHING the movie. That's when you're getting the "badass cyborg policeman shooting the shit out of street thugs".
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert
 
The_Mad_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zamaron
Posts: 4,902
Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon
Default

I'd have gone with this:
__________________
The_Mad_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #36
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,110
Default

Yo.

^^^ = DA WINNAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Part of the reason why they started to use explosive anti-tank rounds against him later in the film.
right, but remember how stunned he was when he caught that p-b-r shot to the head from that lil dealer w/the pea shooter in the sequel?

now imagine how badly it wouldve affected him if it were from a snipers position some distance away.........





Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 12,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

I'm going to attempt to move things in a better direction:

Yay or nay: RoboCop Remake will be better than Total Recall Remake.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

Guess I'd have to watch the Total Recall remake to make an informed decision.

But since this is the internet, I'll go ahead and say that the RoboCop remake will be worse.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops
 
d3v1lb0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: between Monica Bellucci & Christina Hendricks
Posts: 2,999
Default

MAd Dragon: that image it's WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than the lie suit pic.

Haven't watch total recall, but I don't think Roocop's remake will work
__________________
Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #40
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
I'd have gone with this:
now that's RoboCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I'm going to attempt to move things in a better direction:

Yay or nay: RoboCop Remake will be better than Total Recall Remake.
can't be any worse
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #41
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

I don't suppose anybody wants to point out that violent crime is consistently dropping not only across the nation but also in Detroit and that the notion of a world where a cybernetic police force might actually be a worthwhile investment is something of an anachronism best left in the 80s?

No? Anybody?

Well then by all means enjoy your shitty nostalgia.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #42
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 12,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Sourpuss.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,066
Default

i will thank you Dr. N (ie fan boys)



i will say this, at least they didn't go with an all CGI RoboCop, that's something isn't it?
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #44
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
I will say this, at least they didn't go with an all CGI RoboCop, that's something isn't it?
Yeah. Though come to think of it, partial CGI might work really well to give a convincing "robot" feel. Of course, for all I know, that's precisely what they are planning.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #45
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Yeah. Though come to think of it, partial CGI might work really well to give a convincing "robot" feel. Of course, for all I know, that's precisely what they are planning.
oh i have no doubt that part of the movie will be CGI but the fact that they took the time to make a "real" RoboCop says something to me
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #46
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,110
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I'm going to attempt to move things in a better direction:

Yay or nay: RoboCop Remake will be better than Total Recall Remake.
maybe, cuz I did like the original RC moreso than I did Ahnulds TR........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
I don't suppose anybody wants to point out that violent crime is consistently dropping not only across the nation but also in Detroit and that the notion of a world where a cybernetic police force might actually be a worthwhile investment is something of an anachronism best left in the 80s?

No? Anybody?

Well then by all means enjoy your shitty nostalgia.
Im gonna quote Devilboy here: STHU Naysay, ya spoilsport.

and gimmee my cybernetic police force, w/rated R blood added plz!!





Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #47
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops
 
d3v1lb0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: between Monica Bellucci & Christina Hendricks
Posts: 2,999
Default

WOW!!!
Tazer quoted me!! hellyeah!!


I'll try and watch Total Recall tonight or tomorrow and see what they did with that..
__________________
Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #48
Scythe
The Red Lantern
 
Scythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scarlet Subterra
Posts: 1,398
Default

That new Robocop dude, yeah, looks like he's about to fight Solid Snake.
__________________
Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #49
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 24,110
Default

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
WOW!!!
Tazer quoted me!! hellyeah!!


I'll try and watch Total Recall tonight or tomorrow and see what they did with that..
I know, I know.........its every1's dream to be quoted by moi.

TC-redux is a movie for its time, just like Ahnulds was, which means I can enjoy it for wat it is as long as I dont start making comparisons (it wasnt the GREATEST movie to come out this year, but was *far* from the worst.)

ppl into female empowerment should greatly enjoy Beckensdale's character, cuz unlike Stone version of the spy-disguised-as-the-loving-wife *she* could conceivingly (and convincingly) beat her hubby up; Farrell wasnt the same type of man that Ahnuld was.





Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #50
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe
 
Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,069
Default

It would be kind of hard to get to his brain.

__________________
Robinson is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.