The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #51
Nite Owl
Banned

Loved the new episode. I can see that they're not going to let his carefree center overlook his tense persona.

Looking forward to more!
Nite Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #52
Cid Jacobs
Doctor Spectrum

I still think Tennant may pop in again during the Smith run. Don't forget, the 10th doctor is not entirely dead. The parallel universe doctor is still alive. And I could see all kind of strange events playing out in that universe if they wanted, and possibly bringing Tennant back over from that universe. But on the whole, I love the new doctor, the fish fingers in custard bit killed me.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #53
Mister Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid Jacobs View Post
I still think Tennant may pop in again during the Smith run. Don't forget, the 10th doctor is not entirely dead. The parallel universe doctor is still alive. And I could see all kind of strange events playing out in that universe if they wanted, and possibly bringing Tennant back over from that universe. But on the whole, I love the new doctor, the fish fingers in custard bit killed me.
As nice a premise as that sounds, I really dont think bringing Tennant back in the first two seasons of Smith's run would be a wise gambit on the BBC's part: Tennant would kinda steal the limelight if they werent careful.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #54
Cid Jacobs
Doctor Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Negative View Post
As nice a premise as that sounds, I really dont think bringing Tennant back in the first two seasons of Smith's run would be a wise gambit on the BBC's part: Tennant would kinda steal the limelight if they werent careful.
It would have to be a few seasons out. What would be really interesting, is if the clone hybrid doctor from this universe, who ended up in universe b, managed to use his tardis, the one from the coral he got that grows at an accelerated rate, and met up with the actual doctor from universe b. Then using the power of two tardis was able to send the clone hybrid universe a doctor back to universe a. (breathes deep) Then you have the posibility of the hybrid clone doctor from a, the tennant doctor from b, and matt smith all meeting up with a previous temporal version of the tennant doctor. So 3 tennants and a smith? Or the two doctors coming from universe b could meet up with the humanized tennant a la the chameleon arch, along with matt smith. Then you have 3 tennants, one of which is a smith, and matt smith, so 2 tennants and 2 smiths? I think i've lost it.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #55
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

Awful totally awful.

Just watched the two new episode and Im not liking it all, the 2nd episode was really bad and made no real sense at all.

And Lord have mercy the fucking Daleks Again.... really? they have truly run out of ideas, dont get me wrong I love me some Daleks, but enough is enough, Im sick of seeing them regenerate again and again, their story is over.

Its no wonder Tennant Left he knew it was better to leave on a high rather than low, I just feel Doctor Who has gone as far as it can, especially after watching the first two episode, the stories are very lacking.

Im going to watch 3 more and see if it improves, if not its another show I will stop watching.

The one plus I will give is the new girl, shes hot all right.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #56
Mister Negative

Quote:
It would have to be a few seasons out. What would be really interesting, is if the clone hybrid doctor from this universe, who ended up in universe b, managed to use his tardis, the one from the coral he got that grows at an accelerated rate, and met up with the actual doctor from universe b. Then using the power of two tardis was able to send the clone hybrid universe a doctor back to universe a. (breathes deep) Then you have the posibility of the hybrid clone doctor from a, the tennant doctor from b, and matt smith all meeting up with a previous temporal version of the tennant doctor. So 3 tennants and a smith? Or the two doctors coming from universe b could meet up with the humanized tennant a la the chameleon arch, along with matt smith. Then you have 3 tennants, one of which is a smith, and matt smith, so 2 tennants and 2 smiths? I think i've lost it.
Hahah, Wow. Try explaining that to the average fan :P
I think a children in need charity special episode (usually more lighthearted and fan servicey, see Peter Davidson/tennant Time crash) with Eccleston Tennant and Smith would be REALLY nice, just a little episode nothing big just the three of them maybye meeting up and showing how each individual would solve the problem they are facing!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #57
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

Quote:
This was actually done in the books and comics... with the 10.5 Doctor coming back under the name of the Valeyard, which was actually forshadowed previously in the 6th Doctor's seasons...

In the books, the Valeyard (10.5 or Metacrisis Doctor, whatever you want to call him) went evil after Rose left him so he came back to the normal universe to claim his regenerations back and get his old life back...

The Valeyard was used quite a bit in the past and was said to be a botched regeneration somewhere between the 10th and 13th Regeneration... though whether this is canon with all the timeline changes, including the Time War and the destruction of Gallifrey, is pretty unknown at this point... but it would be awesome to use

About the current season though... my major question this season is "What is Amy Pond?!?"

in all honesty, i don't think she's human... I think she's a Time Lord left over from the war or one hiding on earth using a Chameleon Circuit...

Too many things about her aren't adding up... like in tonight's episode, the computer downloaded about 300 years or so of history directly into her brain to help her make an 'informed choice'... that's not something a 21st century human brain could handle... as has been previously noted in Doctor Who with the humans using cybernetic chips to handle information in their brain and Donna's brain overloading from the metacrisis...

Little things as well don't add up... like her saying she's always dreamed of space and time travel... how she accepted the TARDIS without any comment of how it was bigger on the inside... basic Time Lord technology that she's just accepting when normal humans would be questioning it...

M
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 AM   #58
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Space Spitfires

That is all.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #59
Cid Jacobs
Doctor Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
how she accepted the TARDIS without any comment of how it was bigger on the inside... basic Time Lord technology that she's just accepting when normal humans would be questioning it...
That caught me off guard as well. I was waiting for the "But.... but... it's bigger on the inside"
Old 04-13-2010, 04:26 AM   #60
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
I'm surprised I understood all that.

Also, it would be awesome if Amy was Romana or something. Or maybe The Woman from End of Time (The Doctor's Mother?) seeing as that storyline seemed to go nowhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Last edited by Kuhan; 04-13-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #61
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

If Amy turned out to be Romana, then it would be proof enough that Moffat is god...

As for anything to do with The Doctor's mother or the End of Time storyline... i think that got slated be enough fans that Moffat knows to stay as far as humanly possible away from it lol

Time Lords don't breed genetically, this was covered several times in the series... it's more of a genetic Lomb system... which is how The Doctor is sometimes referred to as The Other... its an important part of Doctor Who mythology

M
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #62
Cid Jacobs
Doctor Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
If Amy turned out to be Romana, then it would be proof enough that Moffat is god...

As for anything to do with The Doctor's mother or the End of Time storyline... i think that got slated be enough fans that Moffat knows to stay as far as humanly possible away from it lol

Time Lords don't breed genetically, this was covered several times in the series... it's more of a genetic Lomb system... which is how The Doctor is sometimes referred to as The Other... its an important part of Doctor Who mythology

M
Do you think maybe Romana escaped the time lock and used a chameleon arch to become Amy Pond? If so, maybe we should keep an eye out for a pocket watch.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #63
Mister Negative

Quote:
Do you think maybe Romana escaped the time lock and used a chameleon arch to become Amy Pond? If so, maybe we should keep an eye out for a pocket watch.
Not just a pocket watch, it can be anything can't it?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #64
Nite Owl
Banned

Quote:
Flaw 1 = You assume in the alternate universe that the Doctor has lost the same amount of lives as he did in the actual universe... which is always a mistake.

Flaw 2 = The 8th Doctor was told that he had three different 9th personas within him, trying to get out. While Eccleston is the one that found its way through regeneration to this universe, we do have a semi-canon story featuring a different 9th Doctor, who has been dubbed by fans as the "Shalka Doctor," because of the OFFICIAL story he was featured in. Thus the 10th regeneration would have the capability of being COMPLETELY different from Tennent in every way... Hell, he could even be ginger.

So yeah. Nice try, though.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #65
Cid Jacobs
Doctor Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Owl View Post
Flaw 1 = You assume in the alternate universe that the Doctor has lost the same amount of lives as he did in the actual universe... which is always a mistake.

Flaw 2 = The 8th Doctor was told that he had three different 9th personas within him, trying to get out. While Eccleston is the one that found its way through regeneration to this universe, we do have a semi-canon story featuring a different 9th Doctor, who has been dubbed by fans as the "Shalka Doctor," because of the OFFICIAL story he was featured in. Thus the 10th regeneration would have the capability of being COMPLETELY different from Tennent in every way... Hell, he could even be ginger.

So yeah. Nice try, though.
Flaw 1 = You assume that the doctor hasn't lost the same amount of lives, this is an unknown.

Flaw 2 = You assume that the same persona did not come out as in this universe.

Flaw 3 = None of this was meant to be serious.

So yeah. Nice try though.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #66
Nite Owl
Banned

Flaw #ONLY with your above post.

Your flaws didn't point out any flaws with the flaws I pointed out, and actually displayed a misunderstanding on your side of the first flaw, which presented an unknown, not a fact, and thus only reaffirmed their aspects of the complete unknown that initiially flawed your assumptions in the first place.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #67
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Maybe that's what the crack is. A crack in space in time through which she escaped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Negative View Post
Not just a pocket watch, it can be anything can't it?
I think it has to be a pocket watch, but I'm not sure

Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #68
Nite Owl
Banned

You mean Lady President Romana? This will have nothing to do with her or E-Space, as that has already been done. As for her fate, she was Lady President when the Last Great Time War started, and attempted to make a treaty wit hteh Daleks to preserve their races... buit the results of said treaty are unclear, as is her fate. We know that while the Time Lords pulled their fallen back to fight (which is how The Master returned, as you will recall), that Rassilon was again made Lord President, but Romana's fate was never really mentioned outside ofa singel sentence uttered by the Doctor, himself.

"Things went well for Romana... until the Time War."
Old 04-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #69
Kuhan

Well, The Doctor obviously would only know that Romana disappeared or something. So it's totally possible that she disappeared through a crack and regenerated into a young Amy Pond, Chameleon Arch, etc, but it's definitely possible that Amy is Romana. And maybe she activates the Arch and becomes more like a Time War Romana, like how the Master was all nice and stuff as Yana, but then he opened the Chameleon Arch and was all... well... Master... Also, John Simm was awesome.

EDIT: Also, check out my new desktop background: http://roxasissomebody.deviantart.co...aper-137674692

Quote:

Last edited by Kuhan; 04-14-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #70
gamerajon
Weaponer of Qward

I'm still waiting to see the new series.... the suspense is killing me!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #71
Mister Negative

The New episode (Daleks and Churchill) was very entertaining, a nice setting and a very good performance by Smith
The Dalek ship however, looked a bit... Low rent? Like they hadnt even bothered to decorate the room it was in, just stuck a few consoles in a sound stage.
What's everyone thoughts on the new Daleks?
I'd hate to be the yellow one! And how do we think they will tie in to the rest of the series?

Neg,
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #72
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

My thoughts are first GL becomes Power Rangers, and now Doctor Who does the same, no doubt the new Rainbow Daleks will be the main focus of next season, I doubt we will see them again till near the end of this season.

After a Reality Bomb you really have to wonder what else they could possible do, like the AM in DCU they have become an empty threat.

Im still pissed that they brought them back, they should be trying new things.

Also Yes the set of the ship was cheap as hell, you would think the BBC prime show for saturdays would get a bigger budget, its not the first time ive laughed at their 80s sets.

Theirs defently something up with pond shes solving all the problems if you noticed, its another re hash of Donna arc without the comedy.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #73
IonFan
Forum Member

..................................... ok it was a good episode............................. very good in fact.......................... oh and the new Doctor wasn't bad ether

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #74
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

They're trashcans, they dont need decoration
Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #75
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

absolutley loved the new doc.

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote