Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OP's Gunpla

Come check out OP's Gunpla!

I'm getting a big haul this month!! So i'll be posting what I get as they come in!

But I'll try and not build until October!!!!

http://opgunpla.blogspot.com/
    In Memory of DIO

"I Don't have to prove She-Hulk is a slut, Marvel has shown me multiple times."

New Shipment in! Click to see what I got!!

http://opgunpla.blogspot.com/2011/08...rt-1-of-4.html
    In Memory of DIO

Comment

Oh Man! My new shipment of Gunpla came in from Gundamstore. They gave me my gundam.info contest code.

I'm really trying to get that 3rd place prize.

you can see more about what I got at

http://opgunpla.blogspot.com/2011/08...rt-2-of-4.html
      In Memory of DIO

Comment

Nice stuff man, I have a couple of Gunplas that have been sitting there for years, I really should start making some, airbrush n air compressor are expensive though.

I wouldnt buy too many Gunplas or you will end up like me, with a shitload of them not made, money you could put towards that airbrush instead.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

You don't need a airbrush, check out the Lets Build videos here this guy has a lot of skills.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vegeta8259#g/u

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
            You don't need a airbrush, check out the Lets Build videos here this guy has a lot of skills.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vegeta8259#g/u

I won't debate whether or not you NEED a airbrush. Cause you don't.

But if you want your kits to look nice after you sanded them, to get those pesky sprew marks out. You'd want to airbrush them.

There are 2 types of Gunpla Builders out there.

Snap Builders (people who just build the kit with the bare minimum) and Complete Builders (people who take their time and put their heart and soul into a kit)

doesn't matter who you are, if you love Gunpla, your A-OKAY!
            In Memory of DIO

Comment

I ordered a couple of kits from www.hlj.com today

1/144 GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam

and

1/144 HGUC Gunpla Starter Set 2: Gundam Version G30th & Gundam Marker

I'm thinking about getting the Rx-78 Real Grade 1/144 kit as well I have never built one with a inner frame before so it would be a nice challenge.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

These are awesome. And I want. How long does it take to put them together.. in a "complete" fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by JAredLantern View Post
                  These are awesome. And I want. How long does it take to put them together.. in a "complete" fashion.
                  Depends on the scale and grade, A 1/200 speed grade you can do with out painting in about 15 minutes, a 1/144 scale with out painting in about a hour and so on. Perfect Grades (always several hundred dollars in price) can take a week or better with out painting.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

DAMN! I wish I was close to being artistic enough to pull those off.

Comment

Originally posted by JAredLantern View Post
                      Well, here are some steps

wash the parts in soap water ( you don't have to do this)
                      prime the parts you want to paint (let dry for a day or less)
                      then air brush the color you want ( it depends on dry time, but a day or so)
                      then put some finish on it so the color stays and let you panel line (depends)
                      then build the kit.
                      In Memory of DIO

Comment

I'm thinking about getting the Rx-78 Real Grade 1/144 kit as well I have never built one with a inner frame before so it would be a nice challenge.
                        Thanks for hijacking.

Anyways, I build the Real Grade and I was unimpressed with the RG line.

Lots of small parts fall off when you try to move it, the stickers are very very hard to take off without bending the paper.

It's a personal thing but The RG is something I never want to touch again.
                        In Memory of DIO

Comment

Well I never like using decal stickers that come with kits, I prefer buying water transfers to apply to them. They look better and can be applyed before you clear coat which locks them in place forever.

Also I panel line after painting and before I clear. I find it makes the detailing last longer.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Well I never like using decal stickers that come with kits, I prefer buying water transfers to apply to them. They look better and can be applyed before you clear coat which locks them in place forever.

Also I panel line after painting and before I clear. I find it makes the detailing last longer.
                            The RG stickers are terrible, almost impossible to take off.

also you must be some master, to panel line after painting, because if you make a mistake your fucked, Which is why you line after you finish.
                            In Memory of DIO

Comment

Originally posted by GLRunba View Post
                              The RG stickers are terrible, almost impossible to take off.

also you must be some master, to panel line after painting, because if you make a mistake your fucked, Which is why you line after you finish.

The liner pens are water salable so a Qtip with some water on it will take it right off if you remove it before it has any time to dry.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Working...
                              X