No announcement yet.

WonderCon 2015: April 3, 4, & 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I composed a blog on the show, and the link is in my signature. Excuse the misspellings and poor sentence structure. I was in a hurry and work has been busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      I composed a blog on the show, and the link is in my signature. Excuse the misspellings and poor sentence structure. I was in a hurry and work has been busy.
      Hey Sylent! Great recap (as usual) of WonderCon 2015! Glad you found your way down and enjoyed it. I had the same mixed feelings and almost felt like a sell out and traitor "enjoying" WonderCon Anaheim the last couple of years. I fell back on the excuse that my family (parents, sister) live in Orange County so it was a family visit with WonderCon and if it were anywhere else I wouldn't go ... but deep down inside I concluded I "probably" would go even if my fam wasn't there. Now LA is not OC but close enough where I can still sort of use the excuse next year so we'll see.

A couple of quick notes though, they DID have signings for iZombie, Flash and a few of the other shows they had panels for. It was SDCC lottery style pull the winning tickets in the morning in the que hall when the Con opened. I struck out BUT you could take a chance and go to the signing and stand in an overflow line. I ended up having some success that way but it was a risk because for example, at Gotham they only took like 10 people from the line so there were people there who camped out for over an hour plus, waited almost another hour for the signing of the winners to complete and then got nothing. So basically like two and half hours of precious con time wasted.

Finally, you know maybe my mind and memory is playing tricks on me, but I think I saw you in Cosplay. It was just in passing but since you weren't your classic Morpheus, I didn't recognize you. And I know you can hate on me, but I thought you were Roadblock! Sorry! But take consolation that's what a good cosplayer you were that I didn't recognize you!

Comment

Thanks, man. Yeah, I felt bad for enjoying the show, but it is what it is. BigWow! Comicfest isn't even close to replacing WonderCon in the Bay Area.

I didn't know about the Flash lottery or any of the others. It certainly wasn't announced or advertised in the booklet. I probably wouldn't have participated anyway, though. 2 hours in line to get nothing is not worth my time, plus they were probably cattle herd signings where they rush you through the lines with no photo-ops or time for interaction.

Since when did Roadblock wear purple? LOL! I had a guy chase me down for a photo, so I asked him, "Do you know who I am?" He responded with, "A GI Joe character?" Then, I showed him the Indigo ring, and he had a confused look on his face. LOL! There was actually another Morpheus, a Trinity and a Neo there. They weren't a bad trio. Dude had the case for the pills and everything. I need to step my game up.

Comment

Thanks, man. Yeah, I felt bad for enjoying the show, but it is what it is. BigWow! Comicfest isn't even close to replacing WonderCon in the Bay Area.
          Yeah, having gone to both, BigWow is not even close. WonderCon is BIG LEAGUES while BigWow is your Tripe A affiliate or the D-League. It's more of your local show with just a little extra.

I didn't know about the Flash lottery or any of the others. It certainly wasn't announced or advertised in the booklet. I probably wouldn't have participated anyway, though. 2 hours in line to get nothing is not worth my time, plus they were probably cattle herd signings where they rush you through the lines with no photo-ops or time for interaction.
          It wasn't advertised early and not in the guidebook. It was a late add that did show on the App and website maybe. And yes they pushed you through like cattle and no photos at all. Most off the actors were nice enough to make some quick small talk but you had someone in front and in back and you had to move the line along!

Since when did Roadblock wear purple? LOL! I had a guy chase me down for a photo, so I asked him, "Do you know who I am?" He responded with, "A GI Joe character?" Then, I showed him the Indigo ring, and he had a confused look on his face. LOL! There was actually another Morpheus, a Trinity and a Neo there. They weren't a bad trio. Dude had the case for the pills and everything. I need to step my game up.
          Like I said, it was in passing so the shade and color wasn't that obvious! Plus, you could have been a camo version of Roadblock! My bad though! Hey you are THE Morpheus! No one can compare!

So what's next? Is it SDCC? Anything in between?

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateFighter View Post
            So what's next? Is it SDCC? Anything in between?
            Naw, it'll probably only be SDCC. I MAY do Fanimecon if I feel up to it. After BigWow, I felt old and tired, even more than usual, so I need to take a break.

Comment

Working...
            X